Battlestar Galactica Thread

What does Sup Forums think of Battlestar Galactica? In Season 2 at the moment. Pretty comfy.

Has ANYONE seen the original series? Where Starbuck was a man and Boxey had a daggit?

How does the original series rate up to the 2000 series?

The pres gets cancer again.
She hooks up with admiral adama.
Saul impregnates caprica 6, cucking gaius.
Saul is a cylon.
Sauls wife is a cylon.
Crew chief tyrol is a cylon.
Apollo becomes president.
Apollo becomes a lawyer.
That indian looking bitch that works for rosalind is a cylon.
Starbuck dies then becomes an angel of death.
Gaius is the human prophet of god.
Caprica6 is the cylon prophet of god.
The black chick that is with billy gets with apollo then kills herself.
Billy dies.
The captain of the ballgame that they rescue from caprica is also a cylon.
Saul, his wife, tyrol, that indian, and the sport team captain are the ones who created cylons originally because the angels of god told them to.

Yeah didn't enjoy it as much. Only the original cylons were cool.

BSG is better. The original isn't worth checking out.

It was failed copy of star wars, and yet is better thsn the force awakens, so pretty good sempai

I have seen it and think very highly of it. Quality dips a little after the second season but I liked the show the whole way through.

Yes, it is terrible 70s cheese and completely dated in every way, don't even bother. It tried to be both Star Trek and Star Wars but lacked the originality and spark that made those timeless. The only time it was watchable was when it focused on the fleet instead of some random planet Starbuck crashes onto that episode, and the ONLY thing it did better than the remake was show different ships of the fleet and how the citizens lived, that I did appreciate.

>the original cylons were cool
>The original isn't worth checking out
What the fuck

They appear in BSG and in the movies so no, watching the original series for their cool cylon design isn't worth it.

>completely dated in every way
Have you seen the Syfy BSG remake recently? The pilot is great but the series itself is really dumb.

They're doing what?!

What were your SAT scores?

You may not like the series but you can't actually believe that its less dated than something made in the late 70s? nuBSG at least has modern storytelling conventions

the 1980 version isn't worth watching.

more dated*, shit

Not american. :)

The alt-right have invaded this thread. No honest discussion is possible now.

>BSG
>comfy

There's not a single thing that was 'comfy' about that series. Stop using buzzwords that don't mean anything.

I thought it was comfy, desu

The crew is very comfy, you feel hope under adama

plus cool shit like the Adama Maneuver

There was always a BSG general when it aired.

Generally we all enjoyed it, but it peaked in season 3 and never really got to those heights again. It kind of lost sight of why people liked it after the start of season 3 and only ever got good again during the mutiny arc.

The only comfy part was that shot of the fleet reunited after New Caprica.

Thats it, then you realised everything was shit for everyone and about 10k people had died on NC.

I was utterly addicted. I watched everything. The mini-series. Even the webisodes. Three straight seasons I binged like crazy. And then the fourth season happened and I just felt so letdown.

Go back to where you came from faggot

the alt right get triggered on here if you talk badly of them

personally im still butthurt when those faggots ruined gamergate

miniseries, first two seasons and the Razor movie are god-tier

Season 3 is is really good but it can drag and the twist at the end is stupid, Season 4 is more exciting but also more retarded and the series finale is a joke.

The original series is only worth watching if you you're a fan of cheesy 70s/80s shows, which personally I am. It's a fun show if you know what you're getting into, just don't expect too much.

As much as I want to I just can't finish Caprica

Great series until late Season 4 or 5. Basically devolves into cringe-tier religious drivel like you'd expect on r/athiest. The only thing more disappointing than BSGs final seasons was Ergo Proxy post-episode 10 and my bank account balance.

It was the last great sf-tv show. Still nothing like this ever since.

You should user, it really picks up in the last few episodes

i finished season 1 and watched season 2 up resurrection ship part 1 and 2. i skipped to season 2 finale and then watched the exodus part 1 and 2 from season 3. is there a way to skip all the filler bullshit and just get to the main plot? or should i watch season 3 from the start?

Along with Twin Peaks it had the hottest female cast

Ive heard the expanse is pretty good. And maybe next years Star Trek will be a return to form

Lee Adama did nothing wrong.

why are you even watching? the whole show is the main plot. Do you know why Caprica Six is called that and how she went from killing all of humanity in the pilot to leading a more benevolent Cylon movement in the occupation? Do you know why Sharon all of a sudden doesn't have a baby? You would, if you watched the episode 'Downloaded'. Jesus, why even bother at this point

is there a viewer's guide to BSG like Star Trek has?

I kinda want to rewatch it but don't want to sit through the terrible, non-relevant episodes again...

>that racemixing agenda in the finale

skip:
Black Market
Sacrifice (aside from that one character death this is skippable)
Hero
The Woman King
A Day in the Life
Dirty Hands
Sine Qua Non (boo-hoo someone killed my cat)
Deadlock (Ellen and Boomer return to the fleet, Caprica loses her baby There, that's all you need to know, skip it)

Yeah, I'd say it really started to drop around Unfinished Business
Season 3 finale was alright, Revelations was fucking great and yeah, then it was pretty much the mutiny and then the finale.
Not a whole lot else that's worth mentioning.

>that moment when everybody started chanting "Adama!" in the hanger bay and carrying the Admiral on their shoulders
I think it was closer to 5,000

>Razor
>God-tier
My nigga

>shot down the Olympic Carrier with over 1,000 civilians on board
>committed an act of mutiny against a superior officer
>jumped away and left everybody on New Caprica alone and undefended for months
>destroyed Pegasus for no fucking reason
>abandoned his post as Galactica CAG

Suuuuuuuure

He also gave a stupid speech that convinced everyone to fling their advanced tech into the sun so we could live like cavemen for the next 95,000 to 100,000 years, depending on region. Why? Because we would make robots again and that is bad, rather than making it the focus of their society to figure out exactly how they fucked up and actually learn from their mistakes in a way that breaks the cycle.

If Battlestar Galactica is supposed to be a story about humanity's redemption then Lee Adama is the physical incarnation of the fucking devil.

lost interest in it in the early episodes of season 2.

stupid political decisions
stupid world
stupid human management (dozens of reporters and tv stations, but pilot and mechanist and security guard is one same person)
theism... with spaceship under their ass

>BSG is better. The original isn't worth checking out.
but the new is piece of shit

To be fair, everybody just went to shit
Helo was a race traitor (though I thought his stint as XO was pretty cool, I have to confess)
Starbuck was the angel of death
Roslin was just a constantly raging supercunt under the guise of a poor schoolteacher cancer patient
Gaius completely abandoned all scientific reason top become leader of a cult (but again, his speech where god should come down and beg for forgiveness was pretty badass)
Sam became a hybrid because fuck it, we can do that

I could go on but you get the general premise

It did not peak at s3. It's the worst season with most episodes being fillers

Dick

I watched a few episodes and it was terrible.

>being upset a show that started in 2004 is being spoiled

Actually that's why he shouldn't watch it. They dropped the show right when the story was getting interesting. It's infuriating.

The point was humanity had tried and failed several times, so they took a gamble