Most americans are of german ancestry

>most americans are of german ancestry
>they speak english

explain this

Other urls found in this thread:

ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map-british-isles
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The ones in Pennsylvania still do. Anyway I don't think German is the most common HURRITAGE in America: it just seems so on that map because they settled in very sparsely populated areas.

germanics are dogs and were iterally made to be ruled by french-speaking people and their relatives

It is according to wikipedia

>The largest ancestries of American Whites are: German Americans (16.5%), Irish Americans (11.9%), English Americans (9.2%), Italian Americans (5.5%), Mexican Americans (5.4%), French Americans (4%), Polish Americans (3%), Scottish Americans (1.9%), Dutch Americans (1.6%), Norwegian Americans (1.5%), and Swedish Americans (1.4%).

Ah damn. Interesting. I'm from New Jersey so maybe that skews my perspective (it's all Italians and Jews here).

Germans are practical and suited to a mindless work life, like in the rural/midwest

Brits are more creative and suited to city life.

Germans are more egalitarian, Brits are like an aristocratic elite ruling over violent, dumb, white niggers

trumps grandfather came from germany, but got kicked out from germany.

Americans are pretty shit at learning foreign languages, our environment doesn't encourage us to due to our geographic location and lack of interest in the rest of the world. With the exception of first/second generation immigrants, the average average only knows english.

Before the first world war German was still very widespread among the German-American population. There were German-speaking schools, sports associations and major publications, even the first newspaper reporting on the Declaration of Independence was German-speaking.

All of this changed with the world wars when the German American population was forcefully assimilated. Public authorities closed down schools, associations and publishers. Showing your German heritage in public marked you as an enemy(there are even documented lynchings) that they hid and surpressed the language due to social governmental pressure.

It took until the 60s to reverse the school ban in a surpreme court case.

>[tl;dr : nerdy german shit]
my explanation was much better

WE WUZ OPPRESS N SCHEISS

Never change America.

>"Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own Nation…and as few of the English understand the German Language, and so cannot address them either from the Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain…Not being used to Liberty, they know not how to make a modest use of it…I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Elections, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Counties.

>Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens, who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them, and will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can acquire our Complexion.

>Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased.

-Ben Franklin

Pretty strong words for someone who impregnated his black slaves.

TIL i am not white
time to rejoice, tomorrow i'll go to the welfare office and give them this text

This is the truth

American is objectively superior to bonglish.

That map is outdated

that's bullshit, it's just that they have like 1 german grandfather so they go full muh heritage

self reported on census

trumps mother came from scotland

that's jefferson

>I'm starting to look like Shakespeare

>finnish
>scandinavian
yea, i'ma keep using the old map

There is literally no truth to this btw

>Glorious Louisiana being full of dindus and hispashits

Disgusting.

That's pretty much a small summary of the sourced wikipedia article, chicano.

there literally is, and with americas track record with races its not surprising

hmmm yes
look at all the cities named berlin after all
oh wait, they all changed them during WW1 and WW2

awkward

You guys literally sold it for money

Why do americans try to desperately ignore the fact that between 1820 and 1870 over seven and a half million german immigrants came to the United States, more than doubling the entire population of the country?

germans are cucks, as a people and culture they are naturally subservient to authority and anglos are the ultimate authority

I don't believe it, I live in the blue area and I've met less than ten people besides me with a non-Anglo surname.

until recently immigrants tended to anglicize their last names

I was just joking, relax.

shakespeare looks like a moor lol

>Mexican or Spanish

most of england is of germanic ancestry, and they speak english too, what's you're point?

Assimilation over the generations. You're encouraged to learn English and families that don't usually only do so because they go to a special Religious school

you realise those are the most sparsely populated areas

ITT: euros get offended over nothing

Germans aren't "most" of our country, for one thing. Secondly, American + British + English + ... all add up to be more than the Germs. It's just that British-American identity isn't much of a thing, it's divided up, and we're lazy about caring about it. We're the Default Americans.

Most of England is of Breton ancestry and speaks English only by conquest.

Uh, the default American is primarily of German ancestry.

They are the largest minority.They only make up 15% of the population

except not really, only regions like wales, cornwall and devon would be considered majority briton
pretty much all of eastern and central england saw huge ethnically germanic migrations during the early middle ages

and how would they speak english by conquest if the earliest foundations of what we would recognize as english started centuries after the migrations?
seems more like a language cultivated by a germanic-dominated england due to the extent of their influence on the language (and the minimal influence of breton and other celtic languages)

So why don't they go on and on about it like the irish and italian americans? Why do they denounce their heritage as if it was something to be ashamed of? Even your president is ashamed of being of german heritage which is why he claimed to be swedish.

Louisiana was originally part of New Spain

Do you really need that explained idiot? After and aggressive Prussia stomping central Europe and two world wars who'd want to stick to their german?

thank you for andersen

Ey, you're welcome. I thought only the Chinese cared about him.

Germs are practical and conformists. They have little independence of thought, and they are good at work and perfectionism.

Thus, it is completely in their character to destroy all connections to their place of origin and try to assimilate as fully into their new home as possible.

LIES

>deserters, murderers and runaways
>capable of speaking anything but anglo garbage

lel

Because the US is an English speaking cunt.

Hello Greek

what the fuck are you talking about.
Germans left Germany because they betrayed the emperor. You dont need to be Ikibey to hate the deserters of hour zero.

They aren't. Most Americans are of British ancestry. But if your name is Williams, almost your whole family is British, but you have 1 German grandparent, you say "I'm German! WE WUZ KAISERS AND SHEEIT!". It's hilariously over-reported. Same thing happens if you've got an Italian grandparent, or an Irish one.

In 1980, 30 million Americans claimed German ancestry and 40 million claimed English ancestry. In 2010, 50 million claimed German ancestry and 20 million claimed English ancestry. There wasn't a great English genocide, being English just stopped being cool.

Also, most of those regions that are colored in as German have a very low population density, they don't come even close to a majority even if you believe these absurdly over-inflated figures.

They changed their surnames during WW1.

And most murricuns have also slavic and hispanic heritage. They never speak slavic, or spanish.

Even if you believe self-reported surveys (which you really shouldn't), there are more Americans of Mexican ancestry than German ancestry.

Now you know how do we feel with Nizza

They speak spanish near the border

America isn't mostly German, that's a meme. Being British is the default, so people choose to emphasize the "special" part of their heritage. For example, Senator Warren is obviously British, but her great-great-grandmother was Indian so she claims to be Indian.

Oftentimes, the "special" part of an American's heritage is German, so they ignore most of their family (of British descent) and say "I'm German!".

But cities are full of black niggers

This is another lie perpetuated by the perfidious anglo in order mask up its perfidiousness and treachery

Why do Americans deny the German genocide?

>tfw Othello was an edited autobiography

>>most americans are of german ancestry

Nah most have British, but German is a close second. About your map you need to take into account population density, although things would be so mix by now there's no point singling out just one country of origin.

>English Americans are (7.6%) of the total population.
>However, demographers regard this as a serious undercount, as the index of inconsistency is high, and many, if not most, people from English stock have a tendency (since the introduction of a new "American" category (See Old Stock Americans) in the 2000 census) to identify as simply Americans or if of mixed European ancestry, identify with a more recent and differentiated ethnic group. In the 1980 United States Census, over 49 million (49,598,035) Americans claimed English ancestry, at the time around 26.34% of the total population and largest reported group which, even today, would make them the largest ethnic group in the United States.

According to recent ongoing studies 10-40% Anglo-Saxon, depending on the region.

>There was no single 'Celtic' genetic group. In fact the Celtic parts of the UK (Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and Cornwall) are among the most different from each other genetically. For example, the Cornish are much more similar genetically to other English groups than they are to the Welsh or the Scots.
>The majority of eastern, central and southern England is made up of a single, relatively homogeneous, genetic group with a significant DNA contribution from Anglo-Saxon migrations (10-40% of total ancestry). This settles a historical controversy in showing that the Anglo-Saxons intermarried with, rather than replaced, the existing populations.
>Many of the genetic clusters show similar locations to the tribal groupings and kingdoms around end of the 6th century, after the settlement of the Anglo-Saxons, suggesting these tribes and kingdoms may have maintained a regional identity for many centuries.
>The population in Orkney emerged as the most genetically distinct, with 25% of DNA coming from Norwegian ancestors. This shows clearly that the Norse Viking invasion (9th century) did not simply replace the indigenous Orkney population.
>The Welsh appear more similar to the earliest settlers of Britain after the last ice age than do other people in the UK.
>There are separate genetic groups in Cornwall and Devon, with a division almost exactly along the modern county boundary.

ox.ac.uk/news/2015-03-19-who-do-you-think-you-really-are-genetic-map-british-isles

>t. never left New Hampshire

>Americans
Those are all self hating Anglos

I'm from Illinois, the home of fake >muh heritage types.

>"Dude I'm totally German"-John Thomas Williams IV
>"Dude I'm totally Irish"-James Jackson
>"I'm like so Polish bro"-Edward Brown
>"Ayo senpai we wuz kangs and shit"-D'Angelo White

>Most of the English are of German ancestry
>They speak English
It's a mystery

Also they have English names and English ancestors. But they're "German" because great-great-uncle Hans came from Hamburg.

this shit probably isn't even true, my mom always told us our family was almost 100% german, then i got DNA tested and it said 60% english, 30% irish lol, out here in the midwest no one knows or cares about their former heritage, they just say they're german idk why

Same in Australia, about 400 schools were closed because they taught in German, mostly in South Australia, with some in Queensland.

The only place I heard German surnames was in parts of North Texas and the Midwest everywhere else was predominantly Anglo or that one weird Italian name.

>I've met less than ten people besides me with a non-Anglo surname.

wtf, do you rarely encounter human beings in general?

If you look at the most common surnames in the US, they're overwhelmingly Anglo. Assuming that this user plays in a very white part of the US, it's not hard to imagine that he's met almost exclusively people with anglo surnames.

Midwesterner here. My grandfather spoke Deitsch, mother kind of understands it, and I know very little. WWI & WWII were the nails in coffin for German-American identity. Most people don't realize that there were bilingual schools all over, especially in the Midwest. However, it ended with the world wars. Only the Amish speak it now where I'm from. It's the most common foreign language. It's always funny to hear it in McDonalds when I decide to go out.

>people still going on about muh surname despite the common knowledge that German immigrants changed their names and anglicized them during the wars

Yes! There are two forms of written Penn Dutch. One that reads like German and one that reads like an English speaker writing German. Kind of like Yiddish.

There are so many instances of a Karl Heinrich changing his name to Charles Henry.

This is probably some kind of weird Polish bait but this is how it happens

>Hans Weber moves to USA in 1830
>Hans Weber learns English
>Hans Wever marries an American girl
>Hans Weber has a kid Jeff Weber
>Jeff learns some German but uses it mostly to talk to his father
>Jeff marries and has some kids
>Those kids don't learn German
>One or more of them change their name if it's a more "German" surname
>WW1 is the height of this as more change their name and bury German heritage

>Deitsch
It's Deutsch now quit the muh heritage crap we are by default Americans.

Fuck off, m8. It's your fault you live in a city and your women have forgotten their culture. :)

>my grandfather spoke deitsch
>deitsch

This sums up the entire "german" community in the US so well.

I doubt they spoke pure and modern Standard German.

That's what it is called. I don't understand why this is a big deal

>American "education"

I've heard from a German friend of mine that they can't understand it at all.

You're full of shit. There are a ridiculous number of Poles alone in IL. Are you in some rich north suburb or something?
t. lived in rural Illinois for 18 years

Most Mormons are British so expect this to change.

Most Germans just wanted to be farmers and left alone in America. The ones ruining industries and making money were Anglos and some Ashkenazi's. That's why alot of farmers have Dutch or German surnames they just wanted to own land and work it. They did the same in places like Canada, Brazil, and Argentina.

That makes sense. I'm from a rural part of Illinois. Almost all of my graduating class in high school had kraut names.

In WWI, there was a lot of anti-German sentiment. Anything with a German name was given a new name. German Americans were widely persecuted, and even daschunds were killed to insult German-Americans. Thus, the Germans living in America had to assimilate very fast to avoid attacks.

user, tell me.

What did you feel the moment you discovered the old, German-language chant books of your gran' at your parents' attic?
The books she couldn't just throw away when they were forced to destroy any trace of their heritage because she could still fondly remember singing all the songs every Sunday with her local parish and it would break have broken her heart?

And she told you that you were Swedish. Hah!

LaSalle County reporting

Do you eat spaetzle over mashed potatoes?

Most brazilians claim to have Italian/German/japanese ancestry.

Most Hispanics claim to have Italian/German/Polish ancestry

It's just what colonies do.
They get butthurt at their former overlords and they try to pretend their overlords had less of an impact in creating them because it hurts their narrative of "we were opressed".