What's your definition of the word meme?

What's your definition of the word meme?

Pic unrelated

Pic related

internet-culture-viral idea spreading.

When 100+ people start jerking each other off to something esoteric

a joke that became dull and can be appreciated by many

The word meme has lost all meaning.

It used to mean something. Now I see cunts using it for ANYTHING!
>Using torb and sym in Overwatch? MEME COMP.
>Liking a certain character from an anime? MEME TASTE.
>Using an extremely effective deck in Magic: The Gathering? MEME DECK.
>Using bacon in a meal? MEME MEAL.

It's over. The word "meme" is a meme now. This kills the word.

internet has nothing to do with it. memes have always existed in culture.

a meme is basically a thought virus. an idea or concept or anything really, and spreads through culture.

memes as a concept did not start with nerd shit.

an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.

Mimicked Theme

I am a conventionalist, and i think that All definitions are conventions. In that sense meme is what we say it is, the definition doesnt hold any relation with the esence of things.

nice feet

Are you fucking retarded? That's what I'm fucking saying! WTF is wrong with you? Holy shit, you have to be the stupidest motherfucker ever to have existed. Fuck you. Die.

haha

pictures + format + adlibs

memes are not something people decide on. that's the opposite of how it works. you can't declare something a meme.

but simply by being something that people are talking about, or sharing, or becomes part of culture, even simply an online inside-joke of sorts, is a meme. it's an idea that's spread. online or offline.

nice feet

people focus too much on trying to define things, labels, etc I agree. it's ironic really.

It certainly is not what Dawkins means when he writes about genetics. It has acquired some deranged meaning on the web.

these are not feet, that's paws

Master, I'm sorry,

but I have to go all out..

just this once.

my life

colture is a given amount of shared ideas whitin local group, so meme is the information unit delivered by a symbol.

Meme is usually something that only that local group can fully understand.

So term "meme" is now used to describe those things on internet you might not fully understand unless you know its story, or you are in the group/site that originated it (that's why "know your meme" website exist).