>M5son

Are the leafs a playoff team?

>flyers are ELITE
lmao

I was told the Flyers are elite

Only in lockout meme seasons that end before their annual crash

>it was only 0-1

>That no-look Backstrom pass

And some of the idiots in /hoc/ call him overrated.

He's been criminally underrated his whole career. He's one of the best Swedes to ever play the game.

>the shitty of flayers

You don't think they can snag a spot in that shitty Atlantic division?

floyers are in a playoff spot with two sub .900 goalers

what the fuck did they mean by this

LMFAO LE GHOSTEH xDDDDDD

LE GHOST BEAR BRUH
HAHAHH EPIC GOOD SIR
GHOST BEAR SAVAGE BRUH ;)

>Caps vs. Flyers

Lads this is rape.

This is the first time I g etc to watch a Caps game in a long time, I'm so happy right now

>He's one of the best Swedes to ever play the game.
and you were doing so well up until this part

Caps breaking the streak would be fun

>he and ovie have never been to a conference finals
kek

>americans taking video of a fat drunk man peeing

Why is it fun to see the floyers get shit on?

The fly5rs were a playoff team last year. Being in the top half of the league isnt much of a feat.
Also
>wienerpeg/nigglanta
>Zero (0) playoff GAME wins

Carolina's going to pass them soon.

>letting yourself get memed on

Don't take it so seriously. None of the autists here watch teams other than their own m8

Best swedish forward since Forsberg. Twins don't count because they're 1 consciousness in 2 bodies

>tfw canes leafs first round
Not quite as exciting as a sens leafs but I'll take it.

The hawks game was a more brutal rape. The Flyers were in the game for 2 periods.

what streak> The Flyers streak has already been broken,.

He is a Ovi assist baby, but a nearly PPG career is hard to ignore

How do you talk a selfie like that, the fact your arm doesn't look raised.
>not taking a photo ripe with meme potential

>Twins don't count because they're 1 consciousness in 2 bodies
thats a pretty lame as fuck excuse when backstrom has had one of the best goal scorers ever on his wing for his entire career

flyers have been riding off that win streak for ages now, they're floundering

quanthockey.com/nhl/nationality/swedish-nhl-players-career-stats.html

He'll definitely finish his career in the top ten in points- he isn't even 30 yet. And barring a concussion a few years ago, he has stayed remarkably healthy.

What metric do you prefer? The fact is, he's on the Caps so you haven't seen him play as much as other guys like the Sedins. He's that good. He's not an Ovie-babby, if anything Ovie is a Backstrom-babby.

youtu.be/o6lAj6QhN8A

Oilels skills competition

obviously going nearly PPG is very impressive, but if one is going to argue they are one of the best all time you'd think he'd have some trophies or something. i don't think he is a bum or anything though.

not him but this post is retarded

What about 2 consciousnesses in 1 body?

At least the sedins made it to a cup finals. Backstrom hasn't even gotten out of the 2nd fucking round with a stacked caps team.

>Great defensively
>Great contract
>Produced at ppg the few times Ovi has been out

He would still be a top center elsewhere, in fact hes probably more of a goalscorer in a reality where someone else drafts him. He has a great shot.

what the fuck is that lmao

must've been one of those fake news

How are the Capitals murdering everyone

>Caps
>stacked
m8

people who know anything about hockey know he's a good player and rate him properly. you can rest easy don't go and have an aneurysm buddy

And they didnt do it till their 30's. Backstrom isnt even 30 yet.

i think he'll definitely make the top 10 points all time, but i still don't think he ranks among the very top all time. he's kind of like swedish ron francis. got tons of points but you can still think of at least half a dozen other forwards you'd take over him

>no hockey for like 4 hours now

>2 presidents trophies
>not stacked
OK m8
I'm not saying Backstrom is shit but he's also not a top 5 or 10 swede.

I'd say the fact that we're in the regular season has something to do with it

the Caps have absolutely had stacked teams that shit out in the playoffs

we've been watching them do this since the 80's

>flyers
more like DIErs lmaoooooooooooo

fucking #rekt

For all our Flyersfriends here.

>the flyers are ELITE

They were just an average playoff team playing in the southleast which allowed them to pile up points.

The Boudreau team really wasnt all that stacked. Look up their defense and realize why they never went far. The Trotz caps yes.

Reeeeeeeee FLYERS U HAD ONE JOB NOW THE JACKETS ARE 2ND REEEEEEEE

>We have hit the halfway point of the 2016-17 season, which means it’s midseason awards time. And for a change, Wild names are strewn throughout this column, a testament to the job the club did the first three months.

>Most surprising teams

>1.Columbus:Nobody— nobody! — could have predicted the Blue Jackets would be leading the NHL at the midpoint, especially in the stacked Metropolitan Division. But they became the toast of the NHL with 15 consecutive wins. 2. Wild: Nobody — nobody! — could have predicted the Wild would have the best points percentage in the West at the midpoint, but 12 wins in a row did the deed. Now, expectations are high heading into the second half. 3. Carolina and Vancouver: Both East and West teams are just on the outside looking in.

>Most disappointing teams

>1.Colorado:The Avs are an embarrassment and now are taking calls on core pieces like Matt Duchene, Tyson Barrie and Gabriel Landeskog. 2. New York Islanders: Last in the East, they lost Kyle Okposo and Frans Neilsen to free agency and signed bust Andrew Ladd. 3. Dallas: Last season’s Central winner is sixth in the division and a train wreck defensively.

>Hart Trophy (Most valuable to his team)

>This is a two-horse race with Penguins captain Sidney Crosby, but at 19, Connor McDavid might already be a top-two player in the NHL. He leads the league in scoring and is a gigantic reason why perennially disappointing Edmonton is firmly in a playoff spot. Runners-up: Crosby; Cam Atkinson, Columbus; Carey Price, Montreal; Devan Dubnyk, Wild.

>Vezina Trophy (Best goalie)

>The fact Montreal has been so good with the amount of injuries it has endured is verification of how important Price is to the Habs, and Columbus’ Sergei Bobrovsky has been sensational for the Blue Jackets. But the most consistent and best goalie in the first half has been Dubnyk, plain and simple. Runners-up: Bobrovsky; Price; Braden Holtby, Washington; Tuukka Rask, Boston.

nfl fans in Sup Forums are dumb as HECK.

thankfully you white /hoc/ers are intelligent and hygienic.

>Price even mentioned

Nice to know people have just not bothered to watch the Habs for two months

This is a good post

>Norris Trophy (Best defenseman)

>Brent Burns has turned into the biggest threat from the back end in the NHL. The Sharks’ offense, especially on the power play, is driven through the hairy, tattooed thoroughbred, and this could be the season he is blessed with his first hardware. Runners-up: Shea Weber, Montreal; Ryan Suter, Wild; Erik Karlsson, Ottawa; Victor Hedman, Tampa Bay.

>Jack Adams Award (Best coach)

>After seeing what Bruce Boudreau has done for the Wild — no long losing streaks, best offense and defense in the West, an expectation level to win the Central — it’s hard not to go with the affable, breath of fresh air. And, perhaps he’ll earn the trophy after Game 82. But after Game 41? Nobody expected anything from the Jackets, so John Tortorella gets the first-half nod. Runners-up: Boudreau; Michel Therrien, Montreal; Bill Peters, Carolina; Todd McLellan, Edmonton.

>Calder Trophy (Best rookie)

>Most consider this a two-horse race with Toronto’s Auston Matthews and Winnipeg’s Patrik Laine, but Columbus defenseman Zach Werenski, at 19, has to be in the running. He has been dominant on the Jackets’ blue line. But goal-scoring is what wows, and after a 13-game slump at one point, Matthews is absolutely on fire right now and a big reason Toronto has marched up the standings. Runners-up: Laine; Werenski; Mitch Marner, Toronto; Matt Murray, Pittsburgh.

>Selke Trophy (Best defensive forward)

>The issue with this award is the writers tasked with voting for this hard to define trophy often get lazy and go with the same guys year after year, like the Bergerons and Kopitars. But it’s time Wild captain Mikko Koivu gets his due. One of the best faceoff men in the NHL ranks 19th among NHL forwards and put up a terrific first half, not just defensively, but piling up points. Runners-up: Ryan Kesler, Anaheim; Patrice Bergeron, Boston; Vincent Trocheck, Florida; Eric Staal, Wild.

Written by the Mild's beat writer so it is biased, but do you agree?

Damn these Oilers first rounder sure look young

>Southleast argument
>Move to the metro and have an even better year than the Presidents trophy team that got Halak'd

i'd agree with most of this though i'd say vancouver and carolina being where they are is much more surprising than where minnesota is.

I think saad is a selke trophy nominee

>they could probably still beat the flyers the way they are currently playing

Selke will be weird this year. All the usual favorites are slumping hard.

very unlikely, wingers almost never get any recognition whatsoever for the selke

>Werenski for the calder
He's cooled off considerably. It's Laine Matthews and Marner at this point.

Just looking at some of their team stats so far
3rd best in possession
5th in GF at 5v5
1st in GA at 5v5
3rd best PK

PP is middle of the pack though which suprised me. That should improve.

>Implying Columbus is still top
>Implying Price is a good goalie

Most of this is correct though.

He has been an amazing defensive forward though

agree with everything else except dubnyk and the whole selke section is garbage

mcdavid should probably win the hart if the oilers make the playoffs and hes first or second in scoring

mclel winning the jack adams is hysterical

I used to watch the NFL a lot but I've really soured on it. 2.5 hours of commercials for 30 minutes of actual action. I think they've pulled slimy shit with respect to concussions, CTE, etc, not that the NHL is faultless here either.

And yes, the NFL is uber-popular but the lowest common denominator of Americans are the dumbasses who live and breath it. It's a stupid fucking sport and I hope it implodes.

it'll go to Kesler

In their last 6 games Caps have:
>outscored their opponents 26-3
>outscored their opponenst 5vs5 22-0
>done all this against 5 playoff teams (and even the 6th team was tied in points to 3rd in their division), 3 of which were leading their divisions at the time the game took place

Another episode of The Capitals Win The Regular Season Stanley Cup.

Too bad it's not a real one. :(:((:(:(:(:(:(:(

Every year I try not to get too hype and then they go on a streak like this.

If Hossa's never won a Selke, this retarded blowjackets bandwagoner should definitely shut the fuck up about Brandon fucking Saad

Have they choked against the Stars yet this year

Last winger to win the Selke was 3 time winner Jere Lehtinen in 2003

Price is a good goaler, the habs are a dead team right now and every goaler has bad games. But he has had a string of them and if it continues will be nowhere in the running.

The author basically said the Selke is a crapshoot.

I'm a huge college football fan and I used to kinda like the NFL but now I pretty much only watch the playoffs. You're right that the people it appeals to the most are stupid and trashy. It's pretty shocking to see the differences in the crowd at a CFB game and NFL game. It's a big reason for my decline in watching the NFL. Excessive commercials, 2/3 of the teams being shit and the Kaepernig garbage are other reasons.

Also the article was likely written midweek, a lot of articles not dealing with recent events or a game recap are written days before being printed in the Sunday paper.

mad as fuck blackcocks fan detected

I tried to give the NFL a shot and am always bored to death 10 minutes into any game. I gave it a shot because when I watched Friday Night Lights I was always riveted by the football parts they showed, and thought hey why have I never given this sport a chance, if it's this good in a fake dramatized setting it must be pretty damn good in real life. I turned out to be wrong.

Price is already out of the running. Vezina will be Dubnyk or Holtby with Bob third.

it's retarded that hossa doesn't have one but bergeron's advanced metrics are out of this world

There is no second or third if you don't win youre last

I thought they were ELITE

I think the rise of fantasy sports is making the NFL even more popular if anything

The PP is the one piece that has taken a step back from the past few years, when they've been pretty much top-3 every year. If it recovers they'll be even more unstoppable.

But I'm pretty okay with this- PP always seems to be fucking useless in the playoffs so if one thing was gonna regress I'm glad it's that.

But yes, I think people might point to Holtby for how good they are at limiting goals, but their two pairings of Niskanen-Orlov and Orpik-Schmidt have been absolutely incredible this year, and to boot have started scoring (2G from Niskanen just today). Surprisingly, Alzner-Carlson has been pretty shit.

How much do Caps beat Pittaburgh by tomorrow? How many powerplays will the refs gift the pens when the Caps begin to go in raw again?

>watching providence plays bridgeport
>anton khudobin punches josh ho-sang in the back of the head with his blocker during the player full strength
>no call

this pussy eating league is for me

>le best regular season team

>Hossa has played his entire career in chicago
Fuck any dogs in Ohio lately?

selke can be a retarded reputation award, but bergeron has definitely deserved his