/Grimes/

ctrl+f = no grimes thread... wtf
Let's talk about the best artist of this decade aka Grimey aka Claire Boucher.
Remember: Be nice to Grimes :)
Recent Video: youtube.com/watch?v=pgfyDlaacz4
Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
roli.com/stories/grimes-electromagnetic-pulse
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/25409916/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/search/subject/grimes/order/asc/
youtube.com/watch?v=fmX0eJ4qQCE
fullspectrum.nl/meet-stahlr/
youtube.com/watch?v=CyIzhG3zGcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Grimes is not a very good artist. Hides her mediocre songwriting and voice under several "eerie" layers of amateurish bleepity-bloops.

fucking disgusting bulimic ogre rugrat troll

STAR POWER

I am Mark E Smith
I got the paperwork to prove it

Ill take your word for it

Grimes is the artist of the decade. Fact.

>Hides her mediocre songwriting and voice under several "eerie" layers of amateurish bleepity-bloops.
>being this pleb
Lame criticism. Her melodies are extremely well made and not hidden behind "several "eerie" layers of amateurish bleepity-bloops". They're in foreground, smashing your face with their power. I don't know what Grimes did you listen to, but it certainly wasn't Claire Boucher if you say such false things.

Her songwriting is top notch; did you even hear her songs like Realiti, Oblivion, Flash Without Blood or Genesis? How could you deny the greatness of such songs that pack so much melody and emotion?

>being this pleb
For the thousandth time, quit with the kindergarten insults. It completely undermines the point you are trying to make.

thoughts?

Will her next album sound more like Geidi Primes?

I highly doubt that she will ever make Geidi Primes Part 2. Her songwriting, producing and singing are much sharper now; her music is also more accessible and less obfuscated. If I'd have to bet the sound of her next album, I put my money on a mix between Halfaxa, Visions and Art Angels plus MANY unexpected new ideas. She will find a way to surprise her fans.

Grimes said that she plans to go back to a more chill sound after the wild Art Angels:
>“I’m really vibing on making something really slow and gorgeous that just breathes, and has room to breathe. I feel like my work has always been fast paced, kinetic, and almost just manic and I feel like for me the hardest thing I can do is make something that’s slow and heavy. I’m so ADD in my work; I really want to push myself into something that would be slower and more reflective.”
vmagazine.com/article/v104-grimes-interview/

Now imagine something like Halfaxa but with Art Angels production values with and many completely new ideas. That would be interesting to say the least.

mangled and smelly

Heavenly.

what even is reality?

REALiTi is a Grimes song, plain and simple. You may want to check this pop masterpiece: youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

it's her best song

I find it really hard to pick a "best song" from Grimes because I find there are different thing I like about her different songs. To me she's made quite a few that I really like. Although some of her stuff just isn't for me and others love it. The mark of a true artist.

Which for 2017 is pretty amazing. Nobody does that anymore.

ITT: triggered snowflakes

She did many great songs. If she would release a Best Of now, it would be almost impossible to shrink it down to 14-16 tracks.

Triggered? People are fairly clam here. Don't try to bring drama here, buddy.

who's hyped for her next album?

see

*calm

This is a Grimes thread, not a Bjork thread. Behave.

grimes is shit now fuck off

I think Kiss and Foo Fighters are shit, but you don't see me raiding your favourite bands threads and crying about it...

>implying their foofighterfags and kissfags on Sup Forums
kys, waifufag

I DON'T BEHAVE

go away, shitposter

Wow, stop shitposting for a minute and learn the difference between their, there, and they're...

Come back once you've achieved a grade three education. Holy fuck.

Most definitely me:

>“What’s weird about what I do is that I started as a visual artist. Until recently I was a visual artist first, and music was still really new to me and something I was pretty uncomfortable with. But in the past year or two I’d say that music is primarily what I do.”
>“When I was making these sounds I was trying to make stuff that I would actually use. They don’t sound like anything I’ve made before, but they have vibes I’d be curious about.”
>There is Stalingrad, an ominous bass that evokes an orchestra playing on the sidelines of the horrific battle. There’s Ocarina of Thyme, a delicate synth inspired by the Legend of Zelda. Talking Dog Bass reminds Grimes of Q, her dog. She wants producers to explore her sounds on BLOCKS. But she will be one of the main users of her own soundpack as she works on her newest projects.
“I wanted to make things that were 3D and felt really good. My first three albums were very digital, and my last album was really guitar heavy because I thought, ‘Oh man, it would be great to play a real instrument in real life.’ But now that I understand production a lot better, I’m in to a whole new world of synthesis, I guess.”
>“Experimental” is another of the labels that is ascribed to Grimes’s work. It’s as imperfect as pop, in that few experimental musicians sell millions of records and headline festivals around the world. But when you see Grimes at work, it fits. She is a young, self-taught artist who experiments with new sounds and new technologies. She wants to push forward to something new. Nothing is set, and everything is changing — indeed each new work rejects attempts to categorize her.
>The thrill of truly experimental music — for both the artist and the fans — is that no one quite knows what is coming next.
roli.com/stories/grimes-electromagnetic-pulse

who dat

A very old lady who used to be relevant to about 17 people.

21 November 1965 (age 51)

This is what she looks like now. Her "fan base" uses pictures from 30 fucking years ago.

Daily reminder that kate bush and björk are the past, Grimes is the present and the future.
they're equally great artists tho

look at this badass dumbass saying crap

her fanbase is aging too.

* a moment to think about your own mortality *

Interesting

>no one quite knows what is coming next.
Especially true when it comes to Claire.

Grimes is the best electropop artist of this decade.

Of course

bump

>Especially true when it comes to Claire.
Yeah. IMO people tend to overlook that aspect of artists when it comes to deciding who is "experimental" or not. Grimes is faaaaaar from the most experimental artist currently making music in terms of pure sonics (there's LOTS of weirder, much less tasteful/edgier sounding shit out there than what she produces.) What's most experimental about her music is the way she goes about combining things that nobody else ever thinks to combine in ways that actually work - almost all the time.

i wish claire elise boucher was my gf

No, no you don't. As much as I like her music, attitude and style. I'd never date her. Friend zone for sure. It would be much better that way.

Just my opinion though. Who knows, you might be her perfect match, but I doubt it.

>Grimes is faaaaaar from the most experimental artist currently making music in terms of pure sonics
True. But most experimental stuff is crap and devoid of melody and anything relatable to humans. To mix experimental elements into pop music is hard to do properly. Grimes succeeded where others failed. There are weird things in her music but they're compensated by some very rich melodies.

bump

What does /Grimes/ think of the first ever Grimes thread on Sup Forums?

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/25409916/

seriously you all need to unironically commit suicide

Sup Forums was so rude to her then. Things changed quite a lot. Sure, there are haters even now, but they're powerless. It seems that Grimes gets more and more respect with each passing year.

Funny how some anons were really triggered by her look.
>this. she is so fucking weird looking. not even that shes ugly, she just looks like a alien in human form

Also this:
>Just think, in maybe half a year or so we'll have our very own "claireanon :3"
That dude knew something. I wonder if he still posts here.

BTW, just how much crap has been written about her during the years on these doomed boards? It must be a huge amount.

kill yourself faggot

>powerless autist writing shit
Are you mad, sweetie?

Were you around during 2012?
>It must be a huge amount.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/search/subject/grimes/order/asc/
Pages upon pages.

I've been told that there have been /Grimes/ generals since Visions.

>Were you around during 2012?
No.
>I've been told that there have been /Grimes/ generals since Visions.
I read some old threads. They were much weaker than the newer ones. They were basically a platform for haters and waifufags to disparage her and there was almost zero music discussion.

grimes confirmed to be the one spamming this board

>I've been told that there have been /Grimes/ generals since Visions.
i started browsing this board in 2012. grimes generals didn't start until after art angels came out.

I always blamed James, post the fucking HQ instrumentals Claire or I'll kill James and Hana.

go to bed grimes

>being nice to Grimes

>you will never walk your dogs with Grimes

This just seems like the sort of criticism someone would give when they make similar music and have yet to find a comparable level of recognition and/or success.

go to bed grimes

yeah

>But most experimental stuff is crap and devoid of melody
Why do you always only ever repeat back, in summary form, whatever I say in posts like this rather than go on to contribute something meaningful to the conversation stemming from what I said?

Yeah... no. Grimes' first language is English...

was that person speaking poor english?

i am grimes, fuckers. be nice to me

go to bed grimes

no u

See for a prime, additional example.
- Archaic/clunky sentence structures
- Highly unusual word orderings
- Uses active verbs/verb phrases interchangeably with reactive verbs/verb phrases
- Tends to omit articles like "the" in strange places only to include them/other commonly understood in context words in other, even stranger places
- Contractions between the subjects and verbs in sentences
- Frequent misuse of prepositions - especially when attempting to repeat colloqial English phrases

All tell-tale sings of a person whose native language isn't English.

t. Former Linguistics Student

>waifufags to disparage her and there was almost zero music discussion.
OH YEAH WOW THE NEW THREADS ARE SO DIFFERENT NOW
Seriously, the world deserves better than to have to continue to bear your existence. Please end your life as soon as possible. Remember guns are quick and painless and are usually a sure bet to do it right, so please go purchase a firearm from fucking walmart or whatever and splatter your brain matter all over your anime posters in your bedroom. Just remember that when your mom comes up to bring you tendies she literally wont even care that you're gone.

>almost zero music discussion
please

anyone here like Grimes for her music, but are turned off by the autistic cesspool her fans create?

oh yeah well that guy you quoted definitely isn't grimes, just some mentally unstable loon

>but are turned off by the autistic cesspool her fans create?
no
why would someone even care?

Grimes music allows me to feel my feelings.

claire is a good girl

i surely am !!!!!

>but are turned off by the autistic cesspool her fans create?
No, because I'm not fourteen.

>just some mentally unstable loon
Perhaps. This is Sup Forums, after all.

timestamp

hi grims

timestamp or gtfo

timestamp or you are a druggo

I ctrl+f and I found this thread, so you're wrong.

Kill V. Maim video is cringe as fuck

and she has pleb-tier tattoo s

oh, really?

>irony

I love claire boucher she's very special to me

Grimes is my life

Just stumbled on this:

youtube.com/watch?v=fmX0eJ4qQCE
> like Cocteau Twins performing a musical version of Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein in a concrete parking garage.
fullspectrum.nl/meet-stahlr/

youtube.com/watch?v=CyIzhG3zGcU

Is she?

Someone prove to me that it isn't the same 2 or 3 fags making these threads worshipping this bitch ever since Art Angels came out. That album is fucking old. Can we all just acknowledge that her next project will either A: not live up to the hype it will get in some way or B: become a major sellout radio pop fiesta even moreso than Art Angels.

I mean jesus, spoiler alert you will never suck your queens toes and she will never take a shit in your mouth. Take your disgusting fap circle elsewhere you fucking animals. These threads are cancer and unoriginal.

>since Art Angels came out
huh
you're new

It's true ive loved her for a long time, i just don't understand why. These threads make feel like a complete fool

>Someone prove to me that it isn't the same 2 or 3 fags
do you want us to post ips?