Roeper: Critics Graded ‘Ghostbusters’ on a Curve

hollywoodintoto.com/roeper-critics-ghostbusters-biased/

>Roeper officially dubbed the “Ghostbusters” reboot a “horrifying mess.” Yet the film scored an impressive 73 percent “fresh” rating over at RottenTomatoes.com from film critics.

>“I find it hard to believe that after having sat through that dreck, that three quarters of the critics out there really saw that as a fine example of a reboot of a pretty classic, legendary motion picture. It was just bad,” Roeper said.

>“If anybody in their review says, ‘it has good intentions,’ and ‘this is progress,’ … how condescending is that to the filmmakers?” Roeper said. “That’s a sexist, condescending review.”

>He also savaged those who claimed he wasn’t the right person to review it. Some argued that, because he’s a man, he wasn’t film’s target audience.

>“Great, then we should have five-year-olds reviewing ‘Finding Dory,'” Roeper cracked.

Rotten Tomatoes shills=BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_man_of_steel/
rottentomatoes.com/m/the_incredible_hulk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do they grade DC movies on a curve too that would grade them more in the negative zone? Seems that way when the Thor movies and IM2 have positive rating

>men can't express their opinion about this film

lel

Roeper and Armond White are the only two legitimate critics left.

wtf I love roeper now

As a rule of thumb, any time you see glaring disagreement between critics and audience scores, it's because the film contains messages and themes that run counter to the "accepted narrative." Many critics quite clearly lean way left in their politics, so a film with leftist messages gets treated with kid gloves while a right-leaning film gets hammered for exactly the same faults they ignore in films of the former type.

Now go read Armond White's reviews and realize that by reviewing films as he does and not obfuscating his reasons for liking them, he's calling out other critics for their hypocrisy and the intellectually dishonest manner by which they'll hammer a film for faults largely ubiquitous in the film industry simply because they don't agree with its message.

Iron Man 2 was actually not a bad movie.

Man of Steel was way better than any of the Thor Movies, Iron Man 2 and 3, as well as Avengers 2 though.

If man of steel was good why did i literally fall asleep in the theater?

Roeper finally graduating from Siskel stand-in to the next full blown Ebert that discerning patricians deserve

How old are you? I'm not looking to bash on you. I'm legitimately curious. I've found that Man of Steel tends to resonate more with an older audience then your typical big budget blockbuster.

>IM2 is bad
>Thor is bad

I want DCucks to leave. same memes over and over

>I've found that Man of Steel tends to resonate more with an older audience then your typical big budget blockbuster.

I'd say the opposite is more likely.

Actually, no. It's a pretty reactionary movie and goes well with people who grew up during Reagan's two terms.

>Thor was good
IM2 is okay but do you seriously think Thor was good?

Thor was good yes. Thor 2 was terrible, worst MCU by far. but deserving of its 60% score.

>Actually, no. It's a pretty reactionary movie

Sure, in the most blunt, braindead Snyder-esque manner possible.

older != in your 20s

Pretty much every older person I know (40s and older, like my father in his 50s) LOATHED Man of Steel. Unless you're confusing MoS with Superman Returns or something....

Jesus

23, was probably 20 or 21 when I saw it?

It was an early afternoon show, and I had a bigass soda. I was just tired of people getting punched through skyscrapers and taking literally no damage. Felt worse tha Dragon Ball Z.

>Armond White meme
When will this die?

That doesn't mean it could work with broader audiences. Quite the opposite, really.

>he thinks Man of Murder was better than Thor

hehe lmao

It genuinely is. I actually like most of the MCU films but Thor is garbage. Feel free to stay delusional though.

>People who don't like the things I like have the wrong politics and people who like the things I like have the right politics

This is what you sound like.

RT doesn't even use the same reviewers every time, they pick and choose. it's horse shit but people still use it out of habit.

I'm pretty solidly in the middle in terms of politics. I find it makes it way easier to spot people who have bought too heavily into one flavor of Kool-Aid or the other.

Check out some scores, read White's reviews for them and see how well they back up my assertions. He's only blatantly doing what left-leaning critics are surreptitiously doing. It's kind of genius in a way.

it genuinely isn't. you got a retarded dad, you got a retarded Superman (hurrr let me fuck this truck up on a post), you got mindless destruction and you also got hilarious product placement on top of product placement.

DCucks are so stupid kek.

I have a deal for you, child. You continue to use low quality bait and I'll feel free to ignore anything else you have to say. You couldn't have made your age any more apparent if you'd actually included a scan of your birth certificate.

Thor was awful. Get over it. I was barely tolerating it then they started adding the shitty spinning hammer and laser light show CGI and I turned it off. It looked like someone made those scenes using CGI tech from 1977.
Haven't even bothered to watch Thor 2 and I don't even know if the third one has been released yet.

The third one might actually turn out to be good. From what I hear, most of the action takes place off Earth, so if they don't puss out, we could finally get epic-scale Thor and Hulk shenanigans.

Thor 2 was great

you failed to disprove his point

I'm actually looking forward to it. Mostly to see gladiator Hulk. Shame we won't get a proper Planet Hulk movie though.

Yeah, I'm with you there. As far as Thor goes, I wish they'd just gone in a totally different direction with him right from the start.

Okay yeah that does sound like it has potential.

>“Great, then we should have five-year-olds reviewing ‘Finding Dory,'” Roeper cracked
Isn't that what happens with most Disney/Marvel movies? I mean grown people can't really believe those shits are good movies, right?

Huh

Thor was pretty much Green Lantern level, its hilarious how much retards defend that dreck.

The gig is up mouseboi

>get shat on
>b-bait

don't be too upset. time to make a switch.

>Man of Murder
>if I keep spouting memes and posting RT screenshots I will convince them that Thor movies, Iron Man movies besides the first ones and AoU are better than anything in the DCEU hehe

Don't waste your time bro, we actually saw those pieces of shit

samefag.

Man of Steel was worse, fans and critics alike agree. :)

I didn't mention RT scores once :) nice asspulling though.

I saw all movies, unlike most of you. MoS is laughably the best of the DCEU, but it is still worse than Thor. not sure why you cucks like throwing Thor in with Thor 2 level.

time to stop :)

>42 posts
>24 posters

the level of DCuck samefagging is hilarious kek, I am out. it's too easy.

>2 posts per poster
>large amount of samefagging

Damn marvelfags are retarded.

I love it when a samefag calls samefag and pretends to leave. I'm replying to your post instead of his because I refuse to give him the boost of the (you)s he so desperately seeks for validation.

>he takes yous seriously

wow dcucks

In Sweden, some reviewer was complaining that the low IMDB scores was because of sexists. Meanwhile she gave it top rating.

We've now reached a point where certain agendas are rated more favorably as to promote that agenda. This is how the art dies.

>Superman 2
"hurr durr let me go back to this truck stop and pick a fight with a guy I picked a fight with earlier. Only this time I have my powers back and can abuse them to feed my own ego"

made even worse in the Donner Cut where he turned back time (again) and so now he's literally abusing someone who's never met him or done anything to deserve it.

You niggaz have no problem whatsoever with this. But superman fucking up an asshole truckers rig during a montage which was one of the action to lead Lois to tracking him down is apparently going too far.

Now try to tell me that it's so different because MoS was too serious because you still haven't grasped that serious in tone isn't the same thing as a film taking itself too seriously.

Marvelfag here. Thor 1 and 2 are the shittiest MCU films. Marvel didnt know how to handle such a high profile off-earth character, so they put him on Earth to humanize him, which spoiled all of his history back home. Even his love interest was shit. Fucking Hershlag? She didnt have any interest in the capeshit element, she only thought she'd have a challenging role. So far, the thor movies are the two worst films in the Marvel catalogue, and both rank below Man of Steel in every way. Not to say MoS was good, but it was considerably better than both

yes, feminism and social justice has killed many forms of art. it's a sad thing friend.

>continuing the Thor and Thor 2 movies are bad memes

meanwhile actual shit like MoS, AoU and Avengers get a pass, just because of high profile characters. wew lads

wew

Stop talking about capeshit you disgusting fucking shills. There is an entire board where you can sperg about childrens superheroes. Now fuck off from this thread.

I can't remember a single thing about Thor other than that big titted broke girl being a pointless comedy relief character and that Marvel thought Hawkeyes brief cameo was enough of an introduction to his character for you to care about him as much as everyone else.

Checked

Do you even math bro?

All superhero movies suck from both DC and Marvel. There's only two actually good ones: Spider-man 2 and The Dark Knight. Everything else is either okay or garbage.

>he literally says that MoS was still shit
>"you're saying Thor is bad but MoS gets a free pass!!"

You're a fucking idiot, no wonder you're defending thor

Avengers and MoS are good. AoU is the worst movie in both extended universes though, based Feige kicked the cucked right on time

The first Thor movie felt like they just got a bunch of actors together in some shitty small town in the desert for a weekend and then put the cheapest possible special effects over the footage in post production.

Do every thread need to degenerate into capeshit circlejerks?

1/2

2/2

/OUR MOTHERFUCKING GUY/

ROEPER IS OFFICIALLY BASED AS FUCK, STRAIGHT TALKING NO BULLSHIT REAL CRITIC, PROBABLY THE ONLY ONE LEFT

Now that's just embarrassing.

A perfect score? Really?

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_incredible_hulk

Why don't they just use the average rating as the percentage, since most people just look at that and not the actual score?

here's my favorite of the year. he's the only critic that fights for us

>our only savior is a black man
Almost poetic

Based Roeper letting these sillay ho's know that it's 2016 works both ways and you don't get a gold star and pat on the head just for showing up and being a girl

DAY OF THE ROEP

>YFW THE SJW LYNCHMOB ON TWITTER TRIES THEIR FASCIST LIBKUCK SHAMING TACTICS ON HIM
BASED ROEP IS NOT HAVING IT, NOT EVEN FOR A FUCKING SECOND

HE COMES OUT OF THIS A HUGE WINNER, GHOSTBUSTERS WAS A LITMUS TEST FOR CRITIC INTEGRITY

THE NONAME SHILL BLOGGER CRITICS ALL JUST OUTED THEMSELVES AS WORTHLESS NEVER TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY AGAIN

>Armond White

Ironic poetry at its finest

>you shouldn't get a gold star and pat on the head just for showing up and being a girl

fixed for you. many people do.