For those of you who were more critical of this album, what turned you off? I'm curious to get your perspective

for those of you who were more critical of this album, what turned you off? I'm curious to get your perspective

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
clyp.it/t4h1g4ww
youtube.com/watch?v=yR8daVXq62I
youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Scream turned me off because of those screams and California because of the super sugary chorus. But I learned how to love those songs. AA is a pop masterpiece.

It's the fans - Nobody who shits on this album actually doesn't like the album, it's blatantly contrarian not to admit that it's good, or better than visions.

The obsessiveness and rudeness from fans of the album.

Nothing turned me off, it's just way more underwhelming than everyone hyped it up to be

Like I was expecting some hardcore experimentation, but it was all very sweet and pleasant on the ears

7/10 might listen again, visions was better

Serious question: why do you let her fans influence your opinion about this album? Why don't you behave like adults?

>Like I was expecting some hardcore experimentation, but it was all very sweet and pleasant on the ears
Who lied to you? Why would you expect some hardcore experimentation considering she announced that AA will be more pop than before? Also, did you forget about that song Go? That was a clear sign that she went pop.

>why do you let her fans influence your opinion about this album?
I don't like electronic pop music anyways so Grimsefans acting like children is a good enough reason to never give Grimes a chance.

I don't closely follow her and her announcements, I heard about it from Sup Forums after it came out, and then listened to visions after that. If I knew what it would have been beforehand I probably wouldn't have even given it a chance, but I'm glad I did I guess. Just not my cup of soup

california and belly of the beat are weak for the most part. the guitars on and "I dont care anymore" on flesh without blood are corny too. Still a good album but i prefer visions

I don't. I specifically said that it's stupid to think that way.

The old
>I'd cut of my nose to spite my face
meme.

Art Angels is trash her most pop/mainstream album to date, boring instrumentals that show how weak her singing voice really is. At least Visions had some decent instrumentals to hide what a shitty singer she is.

>cut of my nose
Is that listening to Grimes? I can believe it.

>I don't like electronic pop music anyways
That means weak chances that you will like her music - which is electronic pop.
>so Grimsefans acting like children is a good enough reason to never give Grimes a chance.
The loss is yours, not theirs. For every person that decides to not check her music (like you) there are at least 4-5 who do the opposite.

>Just not my cup of soup
Fair enough. At least you enjoyed some songs from it, enough to give it a 7/10 (which is not a bad score).

It sounds JUST like most of the garbage played on mainstream radio.

Honestly, that criticism doesn't sound reasonable to me. Even if it's her most pop/mainstream album to date, it doesn't really sound like anything from top 40. Be my guest and show me at least one top 40 album that sounds like Art Angels.

>how weak her singing voice really is
Her voice is quite powerful. Those screams from Scream are anything but weak. She has over 4 octaves range and she uses her voice in a very creative way. Just listen to Kill V. Maim: she sounds like there are at least 4 singers in the song.

>The loss is yours
Not really, I already stated I don't like electronic pop. See, now you are acting like the idiots that dissuade me from listening to Grimes.
>For every person that decides to not check her music (like you) there are at least 4-5 who do the opposite.
Statistically impossible

See this Which "garbage played on mainstream radio" is even remotely similar to Scream, Kill V. Maim, Venus Fly, Life in the Vivid Dream, World Princess Part II, Pin, to name a few?

>Honestly, that criticism doesn't sound reasonable to me.
Because you're a delusional grimes fag, her voice is annoying as hell, I don't care about her octave range i care about whether or not her voice is enjoyable to listen to.
Do compare the instrumentals from both Art Angels and Gemini, if you seriously think it's an improvement you must be out of your mind

I am deeply sorry for your deficient sense of hearing.

>Not really, I already stated I don't like electronic pop.
Even if you dislike electronic pop maybe her music could change your mind. Why? Because it's not pure electronic pop: there are a shitload of other influences in her music. e.g. IDM in Be a Body - youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894

If you have some free minutes, you could spent them listening to this gorgeous partial instrumental (it doesn't even have all the sound layers) of the song posted before: clyp.it/t4h1g4ww

It kinda sounds like early Autechre despite being considered a mere synthpop song. There are surprises like this all over her discography. Some said she sounds like a blend of Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin, Mariah Carey, Wednesday Campanella, Underworld, Madonna, Bjork and Costeau Twins.

Don't be sorry, my hearing is fine - I can hear even 20kHz frequencies. On the other hand you still didn't post similar stuff to those songs I posted before. Did you admit defeat?

tl;dr

I won't listen to it unless Grimesfags stopped acting like children. Is that something you can do?

You're even less reasonable.

>i care about whether or not her voice is enjoyable to listen to.
And that's subjective.

>Do compare the instrumentals from both Art Angels and Gemini, if you seriously think it's an improvement you must be out of your mind
Gemini what?

>tl;dr
So, I just wasted my time writing that honest "essay"? OK...

>It kinda sounds like early Autechre despite being considered a mere synthpop song.
Jesus how wrong can one post be, I like the track but if you're seriously comparing it to Autechre you're out of your mind
>Some said she sounds like a blend of Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin, Underworld
Are you just trying to say she makes electronic music? You know not all electronic music sounds the same right?
>And that's subjective.
Like most music user
>Gemini what?
Are you autistic? Even every post that you've made about how great her instrumentals are have been from Gemini

Yes because I already said I don't like electronic music. Did you really think if you explained that "No, it's not purely electronic music, it's *also* electronic music, influenced by a bunch of electronic music you don't like either!" ?

Only Grimesfans try SO HARD to change people's opinions on Grimes. That's why I will never ever give Grimes a chance,m they are fucking insane. It's like they don't understand "different strokes for different folks" and think Grimes somehow transcends that

her voice in the mix is just too paper-thin for my personal taste, it just doesn't do anything for me and their aren't really any chord progressions that are that intriguing to listen to, I also would like to add that the album itself lacks coherence in my opinion, there just doesn't seem to be anything that ties all the single songs together

>Jesus how wrong can one post be, I like the track but if you're seriously comparing it to Autechre you're out of your mind
You're acting like a triggered elitist. Yes, it sounds like Autechre, like it or not. Pick Doctrine from Incunabula as a reference:
youtube.com/watch?v=yR8daVXq62I
vs
clyp.it/t4h1g4ww

Where is your god now?

>Are you autistic? Even every post that you've made about how great her instrumentals are have been from Gemini
You are autistic. What Gemini are you talking about? Who the hell even mentioned that Gemini before you here ? Ctrl F if you don't believe me.

>think Grimes somehow transcends that
She does.

>That's why I will never ever give Grimes a chance,m they are fucking insane. It's like they don't understand "different strokes for different folks"
How do you even know she's not good if you didn't even give her a chance? Gotcha, madman.

Don't throw "different strokes for different folks" if you didn't even know the "strokes", buddy.

A smaller complaint for me is that Grimes' vocal performances on AA are too much; her changes to shrills and quirks feel ill-conceived and can be obnoxious at times.
It doesn't directly sound like top 40 pop, but it feels just as uninspiring. The purpose of the synth-pop revival is the postmodern analysis of a retro style through a contextually different lens (as Grimes did on previous albums), but with AA, Grimes is just making synth-pop three decades late. The production might be fuller and cleaner, but that doesn't save the album.
It's like what many of the uninspired post-punk revival bands are doing by merely reciting what bands like PiL and Joy Division already did with contemporary production.

That's my perspective, at least.

>Some said she sounds like a blend of Kraftwerk, Aphex Twin, Underworld
>Are you just trying to say she makes electronic music? You know not all electronic music sounds the same right?
No. I'm saying some parts of her music remind me of those SPECIFIC artists I mentioned before. Not any random electronic artists, but exactly those artists.

Oh look more delusional Grimesfags trying SO HARD to convert people.

Again, if you wouldn't act like this, I'd have given her a chance by now. It's literally your fault.

>seriously thinking that sounds similar
Get your ears checked user. I'm genuinely worried.
>You are autistic
Yep lol got Gemini confused with Visions as the album title. My point still stands though, just flip the words around
>those SPECIFIC artists I mentioned before
I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure Aphex Twin and Kraftwerk are some of the biggest influences in electronic music, that really doesn't say much. Also how the hell does Grimes sound like Underworld?

You're wrong IMO. Now:

>but with AA, Grimes is just making synth-pop three decades late. The production might be fuller and cleaner, but that doesn't save the album.
Big synthpop fan here. Show me just one synthpop album made in the '80s that sounded like AA. Even ignoring the production, could you name even one album with the same kind of songwriting, singing, lyrical themes, or at least artwork?

Just because it has synths it doesn't mean it's a mere revival of 80s synthpop. The synths are actually subdued compared to most synthpop; AA songs are guitar heavy.

>ignoring the actual point: "How do you even know she's not good if you didn't even give her a chance?"
>acting like a child and throwing tantrums
You know what? Don't accuse Grimes fans of acting like children when you do the same (even more). Don't dish out what you can't eat.

Tbch, nobody gives a fuck if you will not listen to her music anyway.

>Get your ears checked user. I'm genuinely worried.
You're not worried at all. In fact you don't give a fuck.

Let's go back to business: pay attention to the SOUND DESIGN of those 2 tracks. Of course they're not identical, Grimes is not a hack to rip off Autechre. But she was inspired by their sound design and beats because she listened to a lof IDM when she was younger. The VIBE of her song is very Autechre-like.

Now: show me just one pop song with IDM influences that got the level of acclaim and popularity of Be a Body / Visions.

user we've been over this. I liked the instrumentals in Visions, doesn't sound like Autechre but that's beyond the point. What we're talking about is Art Angels, do you seriously believe Art Angels was an improvement instrumentally? Every single time you've mentioned her great instrumentals you've mentioned tracks from Visions and not Art Angels

>Show me just one synthpop album made in the '80s that sounded like AA.
I see this "name one album that sounds like Art Angels" argument the most in these sort of threads.
I wouldn't put it towards one particular album with the same kind of songwriting, singing and lyrical themes (which is too specific of a request), mainly because I don't listen to synth-pop albums (I've listened to many classic singles, but it's not my area of interest), but Grimes takes obvious vocal queues from Madonna's flamboyant style, and her songwriting follows a very general pop verse-chorus format that I wouldn't pin down on just one artist, let alone just one album.
Also, what does the artwork have to do with the music?

>The synths are actually subdued compared to most synthpop; AA songs are guitar heavy.
Still, synthetic sounds take up much of the textural composure and the guitars are considerably compressed and processed, so I would still call it synth-pop (and I'm not saying that AA is bad just because it's synth-pop).

Well let's start with this:
>How do you even know she's not good
"Good" is subjective. There is no objectively good. I don't like the genre she works in, I don't think it's good. Hence, I probably wouldn't like her.
>Don't accuse Grimes fans of acting like children when you do the same
How am I acting like a child? "I don't like ___ music, I'm not going to listen to it. I'll instead listen to what I like" is what grown-ups think. In 20 years you might understand. Only children so vehemently try to convert strangers into their Grimes cult.

>Tbch, nobody gives a fuck if you will not listen to her music anyway.
kek Suuuuure

>What we're talking about is Art Angels, do you seriously believe Art Angels was an improvement instrumentally?
Improvement? That's subjective. I'd say yes, she's a much better producer and her instrumentals are better definied. As much as I liked Visions, it sounded kinda lo fi and blurry.

AA instrumentals are really good and very detailed. I listened to the instrumental versions of both Visions and AA and I know what I'm talking about.

>I see this "name one album that sounds like Art Angels" argument the most in these sort of threads.
Of course. Because people like you claimed that her music is nothing special, is generic, blah blah blah. Well, prove that claim by provinding a solid evidence that her kind of music has been done before. Oh, you can't?

>I wouldn't put it towards one particular album with the same kind of songwriting, singing and lyrical themes (which is too specific of a request), mainly because I don't listen to synth-pop albums (I've listened to many classic singles, but it's not my area of interest), but Grimes takes obvious vocal queues from Madonna's flamboyant style, and her songwriting follows a very general pop verse-chorus format that I wouldn't pin down on just one artist, let alone just one album.
Influences =/= similar. She was influenced by other artists like any other artist in history. There are some familiar things in Grimes' music here and there, but you can't find other artists who put all those elements together in that kind of way and added their own twist. She sounds like everyone else and like nobody else at the same time. That's why you can feel you heard that before but you can't find anything like it.

As an execise, could you find another song like the poppy Circumambient? youtube.com/watch?v=5oqxz6hpGbs

*exercise

>"Good" is subjective. There is no objectively good.
I didn't ask you about the definition of "good". I asked you how do you know she's not good (good according to your taste) if you never heard her music.

>I don't like the genre she works in, I don't think it's good. Hence, I probably wouldn't like her.
Your logic is flawed because not all electronic pop sounds the same. You hate the genre, but what if you find an electronic pop artist that you like? The exception from the rule.

>How am I acting like a child? "I don't like ___ music, I'm not going to listen to it. I'll instead listen to what I like" is what grown-ups think. In 20 years you might understand. Only children so vehemently try to convert strangers into their Grimes cult.
You acted like a spoiled child. Just read this post Don't you see how cringey it is? I didn't even tried to convert you like you claimed, I just called you on your bullshit.

>Only children so vehemently try to convert strangers into their Grimes cult.
Don't go overboard with your assumptions. Nobody wants you to be converted, just to give her music a fair chance. If you will not like it, fine, but at least you tried. To insult her music without even listening to it is frankly ridiculous and pathetic. Don't be a poser. Be reasonable.

>I didn't ask you about the definition of "good"
But you asked me if something was good or not, so obviously you don't seem to understand what "good" means, or that it's not concrete.
>Your logic is flawed because not all electronic pop sounds the same.
My logic that I don't like something? Are you being willfully ignorant?
>but what if you find an electronic pop artist that you like?
That has yet to happen
>You acted like a spoiled child.
Not really. I don't like something, and a fanbase is off putting. It's like metal. How do you feel about a typical metalfan? Does that off put you from metal? Answer honestly.
>Don't you see how cringey it is?
Not really. Explain it.
>I didn't even tried to convert you
Oh this isn't you >To insult her music
Ah! This is the crux right here. Pay attention: where, ever, in this thread, have I insulted her music?

This is key to understanding the childlike mindset of Grimesfans. If you can show me where I insulted her music, I will give whatever Grimes album you suggest a complete listen.

>Does that off put you from metal? Answer honestly.
Not at all. I like certain metal music and their fanbases has zero impact on my enjoyment of that music.

>Not really. Explain it.
If I need to explain that you're hopeless.

>Oh this isn't you
Except that your post was a reply to The latter post was me calling you on your bullshit, not trying to convert you (you really fear being converted). Don't mess the chonological order, buddy.

>If I need to explain that you're hopeless.
If you can't explain, it wasn't true to begin with

Are you going to show me where I insulted her music? Or is this part of your delusion?

>My logic that I don't like something? Are you being willfully ignorant?
Your logic is that you say you don't like something without even listening to it. That logic sucks.

>That has yet to happen
Of course. But if you don't try it will never happen. Because logic.

So, you already made up your mind: don't listen to her music and better leave this thread. There's nothing to argue anymore if you don't even know her music

Do you expect me to read again the whole thread to spot your comments between other user posts? Tough luck. Let it go.

Stop responding to the mega autist, his posts are easy as fuck to spot

>without even listening to it
Do you think I've never listened to electronic music before?
>But if you don't try it will never happen
I would have tried it by now, but I'm not because you people are so persistently insane. if you would have been reasonable, I would have. Just take responsibility for your actions.
>better leave this thread.
Oh did you not see OP?
Sounds like your problem for choosing a position that was, at heart flawed and unprovable.

Yeah wtf

>discussing music: mega autist
>shitposting: ok
Your logic sucks, hyper autist.

>Her voice is quite powerful. Those screams from Scream are anything but weak
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Do you think I've never listened to electronic music before?
I didn't mean electronic music. I meant her music. Not all electronic music sound the same; you should know that by now.

>I would have tried it by now, but I'm not because you people are so persistently insane. if you would have been reasonable, I would have. Just take responsibility for your actions.
You're still acting like a child. If you wanted to listen to her music you could have already listened to it. You're wasting time arguing over something you have no interest rather than doing something productive.

I didn't like the songwriting or the attempts at more bubblegum-style pop. Its cool that she tried to vary her sound up a little, but it didn't sound good most of the time. Sometimes it was a guilty pleasure, but usually it was just plain obnoxious.

I liked Visions a lot, it was really focused and cohesive and spacey and had the whole occult angle going on. I really don't understand why Art Angels gets posted more. Is it ironic?

>Not all electronic music sound the same
But they generally operate under the same ethos and aesthetic. otherwise it wouldn't be separate form other umbrellas of music such as rock, jazz, blues, etc. You should know that by now

>You're still acting like a child
How so? I just don't like it. It shouldn't be a big deal, but you are literally having a tantrum because I don't like something you don't.

>I really don't understand why Art Angels gets posted more. Is it ironic?
No. It's more accessible --> more people like it. Even if you dislike the fact that it's too pop you can't deny that it's catchy as fuck. And it has a lot of staying power. There are still people listening to it countless times.

>But they generally operate under the same ethos and aesthetic. otherwise it wouldn't be separate form other umbrellas of music such as rock, jazz, blues, etc. You should know that by now
Despite operating under the same under the same ethos and aesthetic, it's wildly different. You can't confuse Air with The Prodigy, as an example.

>How so? I just don't like it. It shouldn't be a big deal, but you are literally having a tantrum because I don't like something you don't.
You reacted hysterically. Especially here It's about HOW you expressed your thoughts.

>You can't confuse Air with The Prodigy
I dislike both these artists, so your point is irrelevant
>You reacted hysterically.
How so? I just don't like it, and you won't accept it.

Why is that? Does it bother you that someone doesn't like your princess?

>I dislike both these artists, so your point is irrelevant
Disliking them have nothing to do with the fact that they sound different to each other. You seem to operate on a very flimsy logic base. It's hard to communicate with you because you change the goalposts very often.

>How so?
Read your comment. It's hysterical.

>Why is that? Does it bother you that someone doesn't like your princess?
Again, nothing to do with that. As a matter of fact it's not even my princess. By acting like a sperg and calling her fans "delusional Grimesfags" you don't do any favors to yourself. You seem more autistic than all her fans put together.

The thing is: before accusing others for acting like children be sure you don't do the same thing yourself. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.

I wish they weren't guitar heavy. She can't use guitars in songs for shit man, why didn't she jus t stick to synths?? there is actually no excuse, it hampers the album significantly

>Disliking them have nothing to do with the fact that they sound different to each other
Incorrect. That same sound is what I dislike about both.
>You seem to operate on a very flimsy logic base
See we already covered that. Are you out of arguments?
>Read your comment.
Yep, seems reasonable. Not hysterical, sorry.
>By acting like a sperg
Calmly stating I don't like something is being a sperg? Or maybe an hour of you trying to tell me my subjective opinion is wrong is more like a sperg?

Think about it.

>delusional Grimesfags
This is more in reference to the assertion that she's a modern day Mozart and the artist of the century, things this Cult of Grimes have claimed every day on Sup Forums for the last 4 or 5 years.
>PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH.
Show me where I've told you 1) your opinion was wrong/not logical and 2) you need to listen to something you don't like because you are spoiled.

Again, who's really acting immature here?

>Again, who's really acting immature here?
You.

How so?

what a response
grimesfag btfo at his own little autistic game

Visions' biggest strength is how its stylistic cohesion and its candidness, it draws its influences from some of the same material tumblr culture and vaporwave were tapping into around the same time (namely otaku culture and 90's/early 2000's camp) but while those were mostly faceless, Visions being inseparable from Grimes as an individual makes it come across as a deeply personal effort. Ultimately she reminds me of Trent Reznor giving a face to industrial music and its aesthetics in the late 80's.

Art Angels fails because it's all over the place in comparison, it tries too hard, and if it wasn't enough, the production is a complete fucking mess (the album version of REALiTi is the most damning evidence of this.) When Grimes makes a Dark Souls reference in Kill V. Maim, it feels like a shallow wink to "people who get it", it doesn't feel like the same creative girl trying to slide some of her most heartfelt interests into her music. None of those little quirks feel sincere, they feel like Grimes trying to be Grimes.

It just tries too hard, one more than one level. If there's anything to take away from it, that's what it would be. Art Angels tries too hard.

It didn't feel like grimes. The whole album felt like pandering. She went from being potentially an amazing groundbreaking electronic artist with her very own sound, and then instead became a pop star. Grimes friends like to defend how "different" her pop music is, but different doesn't always mean good. The quirks she applies seem to really just focus in on one song per a quirk, making the album in consistent other than how bubble-gummy it is.
To top it off, she got less complex.
A lot of grimesfags like to boast about "scream" but why can't we all just admit that the song was awkward? Some one talking in a foreign language over a pretty simple beat is kind of cringey. And then to seal to deal on this mess of a song, we have a reoccurring part in this song where there's screaming and then this skeleton of a beat fading out. Not once, but over and over again.

Kill v maim is pretty good, and realti gets stuck in my head often, but there just pop songs. Realti doesn't even sound remotely original. It sounds like 80's pop. Kill v maim is a fucking bop but it's still not that complex.

I didn't proofread this wall of text and there's a lot of errors but oh well

>A lot of grimesfags like to boast about "scream" but why can't we all just admit that the song was awkward? Some one talking in a foreign language over a pretty simple beat is kind of cringey. And then to seal to deal on this mess of a song, we have a reoccurring part in this song where there's screaming and then this skeleton of a beat fading out. Not once, but over and over again.
I was fine with your analysis (honest opinions will vary) up until this paragraph.

>the song was awkward
The song made YOU FEEL awkward. Great music isn't just all smiles and sunshine (ie. why most pop music fails to be great music.) It has to have some unpleasant grit to it in order for you to get the full emotional experience. And that's what songs like Scream are - the grit that makes the non-grit sound that much nicer.

>it's shit on purpose
classic

The incredibly amateurish production.

>classic
Literally yes.

classic: remarkably and instructively typical.

Great art comforts the disturbed and disturbs the comfortable.If something can't cover BOTH bases for people, then it can't truly be great/classical. There are things I love about Art Angels and other things that I hate - which is how I know it's a really good album, for the type of album that it is (top-40 pop.)

this music makes me cry

it sounds like radio pop but more annoying. also it's mixed/produced so poorly that it actually hurts to listen to.

>dumbass not paying attention to details
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! The one who wrote this is the actual Grimes fan. You BTFO yourself, autist.

What are you talking about? AA sounds way richer and detailed than all pop albums released in the past 10 years.

I mean more of that scream was just a shitty song. It doesn't have a whole lot of depth. It didn't make me FEEL awkward or weird. It doesn't invoke emotions. It makes me think "geez this is garbage."
It isn't even gritty. What makes it not gritty? How edited her screams are. That the person talking in a foreign language has a sexy voice.
This is my opinion, though.
But honestly, you're telling me more thought went into it other than grimes making a beat and getting her friend talk over it?
There isn't a huge message.

(You). Are. Pleb.

It sounds just like my soul..

"there are things other things I hate"

I think you're problem is that you worship the ground she walks on. You do realize that it's not going to be a big deal if you don't like work she puts out. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to say "well i didn't like that and that's what makes it amazing."

You're following this narrative that invoking emotions = good, and that can be true, but invoking emotions is radically different than thinking something is literally bad.
If the point of Art Angels was for it to be bad then anyone who says it's good doesn't get it.

>you don't like something I like
>WHAT A PLEB

Maybe you're just literally autistic and can't imagine people have different likes and interests than you.

You have ONE song to sell me on this album. I think that I tried listening to it some time ago, but I quit a few seconds after hearing her voice.

Her voice is a grower. Trust me. Anyway, her voice is far more pleasant than say Joanna Newsom.

>user says that it isn't his thing
>you write a novel explaining why he should like it anyways
>then get upset that he didn't read it
wtf is wrong with grimesfags?

>She does
>grimes transcends the subjectivity of music
>literally everyone needs to like grimes

And you somehow wonder why people here hate you..

I've heard it multiple times, it's definitely her strongest work by far. Is it a pop masterpiece? ehh i think there's a masterpiece in there somewhere and Grimes is definitely on the right path. These songs are her most memorable, but what's absent on this album that's present on Visions and Halfaxa is that she sounds like she's trying a little too hard to appeal to a larger demographic.

But you win Grimesfags, its a solid album. just stop shoving it down everyones' throats please.

I've listened to it nearly 30 times.

I have no fucking idea what the lyrics are about.

>It doesn't invoke emotions.
If listening to the song Scream didn't invoke strong emotions in you, why is it the only song in your write-up (found and
) that got its own paragraph? And was also the only place you started slipping into the bad habit of using meme insult terms for things?

>It isn't even gritty.
Have you read the lyrics?

>getting her friend talk over it?
Are you aware that Aristophanes is a Taiwanese rapper in her own right?

>There isn't a huge message.
Once again, have you read the lyrics?

>I think you're problem is that you worship
You've got the wrong user, user. You're looking for this guy With that said, this post of yours makes absolutely no sense.

What are your favorite artists/genres currently?

>grimesfags?
user both those posts were obviously written by the same person...

Her music has no depth.

every song is a simple melody repeated with forgettable vocals lost in the background and rudimentary drum loops thrown in at some point.

Swans, Grouper, Joanna Newsom, Ground-Zero, GY!BE

Just your shitty opinion. Nice try.

are grimesfags always this touchy?

>I'm curious about your opinion
>Just your shitty opinion. Nice try.
Are you tarded?

>The song made YOU FEEL awkward. Great music isn't just all smiles and sunshine (ie. why most pop music fails to be great music.)

Oh please

No, u