Why did the PS Vita fail so bad Sup Forums? I think it is a great handheld console except there are no good games

Why did the PS Vita fail so bad Sup Forums? I think it is a great handheld console except there are no good games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=REaUzHef9h4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

cause 3ds is also for kids, and there are tons of kids so games are sold easily

you just answer yourself

>Non standard, expensive sd card
>No games
>Underpowered, when it came out there were phones much more powerful than it.
>Hard to hack and extremly limited compared to the PSP, therefore no homebrews (which is what made the PSP great)
>Expensive

With a 3.60 it a must.

Yeah Sony really fell short.

I think the backside touchpad sucked, but other than that it shouldve been good if it just had more games. I still played it enough when i was in school so it did a decent job.

But there's a pretty decent amount of games that are now "hacked" and are free to download

Underpowered?? It surpass 3DS.
Smartphones updated every year so its obvious that will surpass that 2 consoles in no time.
The rest you're right sir.

Link?

Maybe he means Henkaku.

Couldnt play ps2 games on it even tho it was powerful enough would have been an instant buy for me had that been possible

It didn't fail, you bought it. You're the one that failed.

Because nintendoes what Sony doesn't.

The handheld market is owned by Nintendo and it's Pokémon.

^^^Because everyone already had this^^^

answer:
youtube.com/watch?v=REaUzHef9h4

>except they are no good games

awesome emulation machine. I'lls ay that

It failed because Sony knew that it couldn't maintain two consoles at a time.

They had tons of support in the beginning, but they gave up after about year 1.

Vita came out around the time that Sony was losing a ton of money. They were selling tons of assets like their TVs and they had to sell their headquarters. At the same time the 3DS was doing extremely well so Nintendo was absolutely dominating the handheld console market.

PS4 was really their opportunity out of the little hole they dug for themselves and since it had such a great launch they just said fuck it and gave up on the vita.

The vita did really badly in terms of games. None of the mainline developers were working on it and they figured they could just do cheaply done ports on the thing and maybe it would sell. Uncharted was probably one of the best looking games on it, but the framerate was horrific at times. Then came killzone mercs and by then the vita was already dead. The final nail in the coffin was borderlands which was a complete shit show. Almost 15 frames per second at some points it was an absolute mess.

after that point it was just dead.

Sony had the ps4 and they were happy with that so they just gave up on it.

I'm going to get a Switch.

but the 3ds has good games...

It wasn't marketed at kids enough

Because
>proprietary SD instead of mSD, a HUGE moneygrab on their part
>homebrew community didn't happen fast enough. This includes emulating older consoles like gameboys and PS1/PSP, and pirated games
>Sony failed to deliver PS2 games on it as they've promised
>weak specs and a shit "remake"
>made making games for the Vita a pain in the ass
>didn't deliver enough games within the first 6 months

What they should do now is release a Vita 2 without those issues and enough power to outperform Switch. There are speculations they will actually start working on "Vita 2" since they've already made patents for it.

>I'm going to get a Switch
The GPD WIN (or an alternative) seems like a much better investment for now. Switch will aparently have a pay to play multiplayer subscription next year.

just go to emuparadise.me they have all the resources you need

>GPD WIN

lol wut?

no. just no.

I personally have more reasons to buy it rather than Switch.

Are you guys idiots it has a ridiculous amount of Japanese games it's just that no north American companies did anything with it

Japanese games suck, they're all dialog no action. Say what you want, but there is no reason why they didn't have more shooters or mainstream titles.

> ridiculous amount of Japanese games
>Japanese games
>North America
As if all north Americans play Japanese games...