What the fuck is causing these bumps?

What the fuck is causing these bumps?

Two days ago it was just a few on my arm and neck, and I figured mosquito bites. They itched at first and left the raised bumps. But I couldn't see any actual bite marks at the center of the bumps.

Then yesterday my arm was practically covered. Itched like hell at first then subsided once I scratch it. Today it's both arms and legs and a bit more on the neck. So I was thinking maybe bedbugs but I haven't found any signs (feces, bloodstains, sheddings, etc), and again there are no discernable bite marks at the center of the bumps.

Since you're all experts, I figured I'd ask you Sup Forums.

Fleas

Looks like aids

i get things like that if i shower

so i only shower like once a week

this. ya got aids kid.
source: 10000 hours in medical school

But I'm not gay.

Building where I live doesn't allow pets. I guess they could be from rats or whatever, but I keep my apartment pretty clean and have never seen one inside the building apart from the underground parking.

They look exactly like mosquito bites. Itchy, but harmless (unless you're in a third-world country). Is it humid outside, OP?

I shower every day and have never had this issue before.

It's driving me nuts trying to find out what it is. Of course using Google is no help. The bumps themselves don't really itch after I give them an initial scratch.

100% bed bugs

im not fucking with you

the diameter, the redness, how close they are to each other, frequency

i assume they go away within a day and reapear in new places right?

check the corner of your mattress and prepare to burn your house down

good luck, they are a bitch to get rid of

bed bug

Live in Western Canada. It's been hot the past few days, but I wouldn't say it's been very humid. But it is the time of year for mosquitos.

It's what I figured at first, but I see no tiny marks at the center that I've normally seen with previous ones. I've also seen no mosquitos. I always kill the little bastards any chance do get.

yup bed bugs, i puked when i found them inside the matress
now i'm paranoid as fuck and wash the matress every week

First ones appeared two days ago. They haven't gone away. New ones just keep popping up. They're not all that red until I scratch them. Also they don't look like most bed bug bites I've seen online. And like I said, I've found no signs whatsoever of bed bugs thankfully.

Also your picture is of flea bites according to the filename.

Bollocks. It's heat lumps

They're called heat lumps. If it's got some people get them. If you squeeze them enough a bit of blood will come out and maybe puss. If you have sudocream slap that on them they'll stop.irritating you instantly

i had bed bugs myself and i guess everyone body reacts differently but my bites looked exactly like yours and the ones in the picture. They never ever had a point in the center and were closer to mosquite bites than the std looking shit you find in google images

Hives. Possibly fleas or bed bugs. Wash your bedsheets.

OP here. If it's bed bugs, wouldn't the bites be all over my body? I sleep naked and since it's been fairly hot recently I haven't even been covering myself with a blanket. The marks stay below the knees and below the biceps, with a few on the back of my neck.

its simple you got a huge case of faggot

thats actually exactly where they would be and as there is more they will eventually start biting in other places

bed bugs

Also I've searched all furniture and curtains and other areas for signs of infestation and couldn't find any. If there another way to find out for sure if it's bed bugs? Like, would a doctor be able to tell what is causing the bumps? Would really like to know for sure before I call pest control.

do you have any that form a line? like 3-4 in a row?

they are always in creases of stuff

My chest and neck break out in raised bumps when I shower too
And my eyes turn bloodshot.
I used to drown my sorrows with hour and a half showers, just laying and having the shower hit me, but now I rarely ever shower.

Its really awful, not sure exactly why it started happening. It stings and burns really badly.

Also not showering for an extended period of time is a lot easier than I would have anticipated. And when you are NEET and never leave or work up a sweat it really doesnt even matter that much.

remember the black death

yep,

very obvious sign of bedbugs

Every week? The entire mattress?
Are you retarded?

yes the entire mattress , sheets and pillow everyweek , i havetwo of each to use until the others dry

This sounds like bug bites, could be bed bugs, carpet Beatles, chigger bites or some other bug bite.

I'd do a deep check of the bed. Might be something simple as using too much laundry detergent, but pray to god it's anything but bed bugs.

thats not how you get rid of bed bugs, they arent dirt. They lay eggs that could be all over the floor, bed frame and any places where it would be convenient for them to lay eggs and continue to going back and sucking your blood. The only way you can get rid of them is to kill ALL of them with chemicals and extreme cleaning of the entire room or even house.

Heat treatment would work too but they're expensive as fuck

Could also be chiggers.

ofc i do clean the entire hourse every 3 or 4 days , small apart so i dont mind washing it all
since that accident i became so paranoid about it

ive had chiggers before and they are extremely itchy and eventually turn purple and leave discoloration that can last for like 2 months. Op said its not that itchy

so do you still see them and get bites? They spread exponentially and hide in creases. You might just be getting the lazy ones that dont want to travel that far while you still have the veterans in the deep crease between the wall and floor

Yep that's the give away

You have temp induced urticaria.

You have to get rid of the whole bed. They live between the boards where they meet

Looks like hives. It's urticaria. Comes from changes in temperature. I used to have it bad.

OP here. I've accepted the consensus that is probably bedbugs. So how fucked am I? I probably have 20 or so bites on each arm and leg that basically appeared in a two day period. Wouldn't that mean there's a fuckton of these cocksuckers feeding on me?

As I'm having trouble finding evidence apart from the bites, where exactly should I be looking and what exactly for? I know to look for feces, bloodstains, and moltings, but I'm not really seeing anything that fits the bill.

scabies. treat it with permethrin

i was able to get rid of them myself with home depo chemicals. I always kept a clean house but it was the fucking neighbors downstairs that were these obese disabilty fucks. After getting rid of the ones that colonized my own apartment we would find one or two a handful of time that would seem "sick" or dry, I assumed that after spraying EVERY SINGLE CREASE EVERYWHERE they couldnt go anywhere without being affected by the chemicals. Now that i think about it i wonder what sort of effect that had on my own health, Fucking white trash.....

Those are called hives you twat.

In that case it sounds a little bit more like carpet beatles that I had a few years back, they were less itchy but left weird bites all over my body at random times.

I found them in my bed and around my house when I freaked out about it possibly beong bed bugs. Their hairs are poisonous and they eat wool and other fabrics, I believe I brought them in with a old couch I was given.

it shrunk your hand too? fuck Sup Forumsro, go to the hopspital

Scabies, goto doc. Don't Google it or you may freak out.

Do a double check, If you're not finding bedbugs, are tou finding any bugs?

I'm surprised you haven't found anything.

actually you might not be fucked quite yet since a single one bites multiple times (thats where you get the lines from). And it just started. Its possible that you have 3-10. Every time they feed they malt. It takes about 5 feedings for them to reach adulthood and start laying eggs. You gotta take care of this NOW and 100% because once one reaches adulthood they will just keep biting you and laying more eggs which are clear and hard to find, Also the babies are smaller and harder to find. Preetty much every single night you are more and more fucked and you have to unfuck yourself before the tipping point of where there is enough eggs laying around that you havent found that you have to keep cleaning for a period of time. What you gotta do is take all the stuff from around your bed and remove it. There cant be any stuff around your bed because the more stuff you have the more creases there are for bed bugs to hide, By removing objects you are limiting the places in which they can hide. When you move all of that stuff you gotta get a spray it everywhere where two surfaces meet. Think about every place that would keep water droplets if you sprayed the item with water. Well once you do that you gotta do it again and again for a period of time. Logically you "could" kill all of them in a single go but its unlikely you will find all of them. You gotta keep killing until they no longer start reaching adulthood and laying eggs.

OP here again. Just curious, if it is indeed bedbugs like I'm starting to believe, wouldn't I have been bitten before? I moved into my apartment about a month and a half ago and this is the first occurrence and it seems a little excessive. I mean, I go from no bites whatsoever when I moved in to like 80 bites spread across my arms and legs in the span of a couple days a month and a half later?

Only bugs I've found so far are fruit flies, that's about it. Not even a spider.

The carpet beatles I found looked kinda like this. I found them under the bed and under furniture.

One of them must have hitched a ride while you were outside. That's how it starts most of the time

If it's just starting and I already have about 80 bites spread across my arms and legs, I'm just going to go ahead and kill myself right now.

You can get some "anti-itch" creme at the .99 cent only or dollar tree. Or Cortaid at like CVS or walgreens.

Only place I've been to recently that sees a lot of traffic is Wal-Mart. If anything I bet they came from all the fucking dirty natives that shop there.

yeah 80 bites is alot, You might have a full blown infestation atm. Its possible that it took them time to find you after you moved in. They go to the heat and once they discovered the source of food they started colonizing the surrounding area

80 bites with zero sign sounds odd.

I had a job at an extermination company years ago and we always found obvious signs at that point. There are thousands of different pest that cause this kind of stuff. Heck, we had a squirrel nest in a wall of a house that was giving the family fleas.

Bedbugs usually bite in groups of three in-line.

To get rid of them, use diatomaceous earth. Diatomaceous earth consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae, it actually is safe to eat (food-grade), it works mechanically, that is the particles get imbedded in between the hard shell plates and "cut" up the bedbug. If it gets damp, it will not work and you must re-apply. Stuff is cheap.

Diatomaceous earth is the cheapest solution. You can get a giant bag from home depot, for like $7, made sure it's food grade. Sprinkle it everywhere. You'll need a plastic bottle that's able to puff it into small spaces in the bed frame. Put it down on the carpet, bed frame, folds of mattress, around night stand, baseboards of walls, and leave it for a day vacuum it up. Repeat for about a month, you have to be very religious about it. Diatomaceous earth will probably wreck your vacuum as it did ours because it dries everything out. It takes about a month or two depending on how bad it is. But do NOT sleep on the couch or another room, they will follow and you'll just spread the infestation. Also raid bug barrier helped,we saturated the bed posts that touched the floor.

yeah it is odd user.

whats the bump disappearance like? do they completely go away and go quickly?

It could be some sort of allergy but it does look like bed bugs

You sure you're not having some werid allergic reaction to youre skin???? What does it feel like?

OP here again. I realized I've been sleeping on the couch mainly the past few days. Going to give it another thorough search, but there's some areas I can't really check. It's a leather couch and nothing really comes apart on it for me to check really deep in.

they dont go into the insides of the furniture unless there is a hole. They cant bite through materials. Check in the creases tho. Lift up the pillows and check on the sides and edges. There is plenty of places for them to hide on a couch but its never on a flat surface in the open.

Don't change sleeping areas, they will follow you there and lay eggs/bite you there.

It could be in your clothes. Are you sure you haven't been to a hotel or something like that? You did say that you moved into a new apartment, bed bugs can live months without feeding.

I just moved to a new area, staying at Motel 5 1/2 and I have been bitten. I can tell you those are bed bug bites, itchy as hell, right?

Like I say, go to dollar tree or 99 cent only and get some anti-itch cream, it really helps.

I've always sort alternated between my bed and couch. Usually doze off on the couch for a few hours then retire to my bedroom. Last few days I've just been staying on the couch, as it's less hot.

Only itchy when a new one comes in, if that makes sense. Once I scratch it the itch seems to subside. The majority of them starting coming in last night and today. Day before it was just my one arm. And the day before that it was a spot on my arm and neck.

Ive delt with bedbugs before staying in hostels and i dont think thats what you are dealing with. When i got bit the bites were like fleabites except bigger and a trillion times more itchy. They also, as others said, happen in groups of three usually and in lines/clusters.

The bumps you showed look more like mosquito bites - big and puffy with minimal redness.

Because bedbugs are legit a DEFCON 1 type of pest (many people end up moving to escape them they are that bad), i would treat it as such anyways until you can confidently rule them out. Better safe than sorry. But again, i really dont think thats what you have.

Btw unrelated but does anyone remember that thread like 2 weeks ago of the retard kid who brought a couch into his house from the side of the road that was infested with bedbugs?

Basically the only time it itches is when there's a new one and that seems to be about every 30min or so that a new spot is popping up.

Also no, haven't stayed at any hotels. I did spend the night at my grandfather's earlier in the week but his place doesn't have them.

Bed bug infestations spread easily in connecting units and have negative effects on psychological well-being and housing markets. In response, many areas have specific laws about responsibilities upon discovering a bed bug infestation, particularly in hotels and multi-family housing units

There's places where you can buy a shit load of ants online. Buy a metric fuckload of them and let them loose in your room. Way easier to deal with and than bed bugs.

Actually scratch this, just looked at your pics again and i can basically garantee you have bedbugs. Get your landlord to gas the place ASAP. They will fuck your life up. Move all your clothes out if you can and have them professionally cleaned and stored elsewhere. Consider everything you own to be infested.

The last tenant probably moved out because of this. Ream your landlord the fuck out, put him on fucking blast.

None have disappeared yet. The oldest ones from two days ago are now like the size of a pimple, instead of the puffy mosquito-bite lump. Still red though, but they don't itch.

Don't have any known allergens. And I haven't really deviated from my routine in that I would expose myself to potentially new ones. If it is indeed an allergic reaction, why is it only my arms and lower legs?

Some apartments a few blocks away have been known to have bedbugs. But this building, while not in the best neighborhood, has usually been well-maintained. The landlord vets tenants fairly well and always turns down any greasy or scummy fuckers. I don't think the neighboring units have any, least none have reported so. My unit was sitting vacant for months and the previous owners never reported any either. So I'm not entirely it even is bedbugs, though based on what most people are saying, it's the most likely culprit. But again, only evidence is the bites/marks/lumps. I've found nothing else yet, but I'm still looking.

According to the Centers for Disease Control,it can take up to 14 days for a bite to appear. Some people may not notice bites at all, while others may see signs of a bite within hours. Q: What does a bed bug bite look like? A: Bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito or flea bites

Last tenant moved out because of his wife left him and he moved to another province.

Moving into a new apartment in about a month.

Is there any way for me to check or reduce chances of these things spreading or coming into mine? No reports online or any reviews about the place having them but if I can prevent it from starting i'd like to.

you can be the cleanest person in the world, travel to a known destination, say Las Vegas, because of the thousands of travelers from around the world, you can pick them up. A lot of times, people put their luggage on the carpet of their hotel, they can then crawl into your luggage.

I stayed at the El Cortez (hidden hotel "random hotel") priceline.com, it was the cheapest. I slept that night, three days later, my whole bottom of my neck was puffed up and bitten with bedbug bites.

So yeah, your apt vets people, but what about if someone takes a trip or a cruise, etc..

Seal your clothes and put them in the freezer. Extreme high heat for luggage, clothes, bedding. I would really consider disposing of bedding, furniture, shoes, socks, luggage if you can.

I meant it more in the sense that if the bedbugs came from an adjoining unit, the landlords would have been notified by the tenants.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

you are getting them from just sitting around and they are just popping up???

They are expert hiders. They will not feel safe until 80% of their body is touching something - meaning they will hide only in the tightest, tiniest of cracks. They may have been dormant from the last tenant and only just woken up to discover a new host to feed off of, which is why you went from zero bites in a month to a gorillian in a few days. They can go for literally over a year without feeding. They are the fucking nightmare boss level of pests.

If your unit has them, your entire building has them. They can travel throughout the walls to escape a unit being heated/gassed and go to another. The whole building must be treated properly, with every tenant following procedure to avoid recontamination. All it takes is one pregnant bedbug to hide in someones belongings to restart the entire infestation from scratch. They lay like 7 eggs a day once they hit day 21 of life, and continue to lay 7 eggs a day for the rest of their life, which is years. They are fucking hardcore as fuck. Again, this is why many people choose to simply move - they are extremely difficult to get rid of and almost impossible in a sharwd building because it only takes one stupid lazy retard to fuck everyone else over.

Talk to your landlord asap. Ask your neighbors if they have any bites. You shouldnt have to pay for extermination fees, typically lease contracts will have the landlord cover this shit.

You should probably start looking for a new place to live though. Because again, once a building is infested, chances are it will remain that way. Even if you exterminate most of them its only a matter of time before they repopulate and start fucking your life again.

>Some people may not notice bites at all

Here is a picture of your next door neighbor, says he doesn't feel anything at all.

You seem to know a lot. Maybe I missed it but how does it become infested in the first place? Previous tenant just never cleaned??

It can take up to 14 days for the bites to appear, so he may just be now noticing them.

Yep. And I don't sleep much at all (~4 hours), so they don't have much a window to bite me I like to think.

Well, like I said, you travel to where like a convention of people from overseas come to a popular hotel or take a cruise, they have the eggs or bugs on their luggage or clothing for example and then you travel there and lay your luggage on the floor of the hotel, the bedbug migrates there, you (or your neighbor) brings it home, etc....

Like I said, I am just getting over being bitten, because I have moved to a new city and I have been staying at cheap motels. Check out bedbugregistry.com

That's what I've got

All it takes is one female bedbug to hitchhike in someones belongings to start a brand new infestation elsewhere. Id swear that they do this intentionally if they werent little bugs.

I stayed at a hostel in london a few nights last summer, woke up the second morning with bites on my legs. Thought it was flea bites or mosquitos or w/e because i had zero concept of bedbugs at the time and i was in the park the previous day. Next morning i wake up and i have even more bites and im itching like fucking crazy. Assume the place has fleas, because again, i had no idea bedbugs were a thing - i only knew them from "dont let the bedbugs bite!" thing you tell kids when tucking them in.

A day or two later, when im in a different hostel, i find a fat little bug squished inside the pages of my travel journal with a big bloodstain around it. I googled until i found a picture of a bedbug and it matched - thus began my knowledge of bedbugs. Little fucker got unlucky and hid in the one spot in my travelpack where he would get squished. Had he hid anywhere else, i would have never found him, and unknowingly spread the infestation to another hostel.

From that point on, because the bites were so fucking horribly itchy that i scratched til they bled - i checked every hostel i stayed in for signs of bedbugs and read reviews to ensure i wouldnt encounter them again. Only found them once more; i told the front desk and they gave me a full refund for the 5 days i was supposed to stay there on the spot even though i already used 3 of them.

They are a fucking plague. It sucks for hotels/hostels because they are absolutely powerless at preventing them. All they can do is spend fuckloads of money to exterminate them when they show up.

medfag here, it's superaids, chop off dick to cure

Looks like the bubonic plague OP

I'm tracking your IP address right now and contacting CDC with your location you are fucked, pray to your god.

This sounds like carpet beetles.

HOLY FUCK YOU DUMB SHIT WALMARTS EVERYWHERE ARE SWARMING WITH BED BUGS JESUS FUCK NUGGETS WHY DO YOU GO TO THAT HORRIBLE SHIT CAKED BUG PALACE KNOWN AS WALMART ALL THREE WALMARTS IN MY AREA HAD A MASSIVE BED BUG INFESTATION ALL THEIR BEDS ARE FILLED WITH THEM AND THE STORES ARENT DOING ANYTHING THEY JUST KEEP SELLING THEM CAUSE THEYRE RETARDED SHIT DICKED COCK GOBBLERS

are you retarded?

bed bugs dont just go to fucking beds cause its a bed. How the fuck would a bug even do that. They live near a place where they can feed so unless there are people sleeping in those beds nightly you are the fucking fuck nugget here

Wal-Mart doesn't even sell beds where I live. And I had to go because it's the only store open after 10pm where I live, and I needed duct tape.

Maybe. I don't notice any actual bite marks or whatever that pierced skin like bedbugs do. Any ways to determine if you have carpet beetles? I haven't seen any, but then again I was never looking for them.