You're in the woods and a bear is coming for you. You can choose to fend off the bear with either a steel baseball bat...

You're in the woods and a bear is coming for you. You can choose to fend off the bear with either a steel baseball bat, or a standing hunting knife.

Which is your choice and why.

Bat, reach. If I can bash and break the fat bastards snout at a charge. He shall be so stunned at my manliness. I will mount the bear and ride him back to civilization.
Thus I win.

Wonderful answer.

/thread

Knife. I want to die doing something badass and stupid. Plus I could get lucky

But are you implying you'd stand a greater chance against the bear with a bat?

Filthy dex user

Each are fine. I feel like I could get lucky with the knife and end it fast, but the bats safer. Bear skulls are thick as fuck though

Throw the knife into his eye. Bears eye.

What kind of bear?

Just your standard grizzly bear

Don't have to kill it. Just convince it to leave.

>Bat

Have to get too close to use the knife, would be game over.

Bat you could maybe strike it in the head and that would be enough to send it running.

All I need is this

I feel like this is the only logical answer.

against a grizzly it wouldn't matter

Okay lets say it's against a fucking black bear than.

I'm going to go with the knife. You need swinging distance and built up power for the bat to be effective. Not going to happen when the bear swats off the first attack and you're on the ground.

I think you have a better shot at survival with the knife, you can go for the eyes and the face even while on the ground.

I'll just stay out of the woods

By the time the bear is close enough to stabbing range it's already going to be on top of you clenched onto your neck. With a bat you could probably smash it in the snout hard enough it backs off.

Agreed

I'd have no chance if the bear had a bat

You need the knife, that way you can cut yourself. Get the smell of blood in the air. That'll attract the wolves, and everyone knows doggos are mans best friend. There bound to help

Depends on the bear. Black bear: Baseball bat will scare it off Grizzly: Just pretend to be dead

Touche

Surprisingly good answer, although I wouldn't cut myself.

You can swing a knife and stab much faster than you can swing a bat.

Stab/slash bear a few times, hope wolves come to your rescue.

Or try to stab it's butthole or something. I bet a bear wouldn't like that.

Knife cuz you can sharpen a stick.
Then you have pointy stick and a knife.