What's the area like where you live?

California here

what part are you in?

Where can I find orange groves? In SoCal? They look nice.

not much happens here

Florida has oranges too.

>great weather, perfect climate, great beaches
shhhh, don't tell them. we're full

a fucking panhandle
otherwise its like texas but smaller

there's a local park/garden that got quite a handful of orange trees and they let you pick one off the trees per visit. the rest the community makes orange marmalade out of it, sell it at local farmers market, and all the proceeds goes into maintaining the park

Nice. My university is starting a community garden this year. Could be interesting.

What's with the nickname?

which one?

i think he's talking about the nigger

>Central valley
>practically desert

Fool have you even been here? It's all grapevines and orange orchards here.

oh that,idk i just thought it would look good

Yeah, and it's grown in a desert. Hasn't anyone told you CA is an environmental disaster? Where else will you see sprinklers shooting through 100F air during a drought over alfalfa?

More accurate map incoming.

Don't believe the bullshit. The drought was only in northern California around Sacramento but our leaders, in their infinite wisdom, declared the drought to be statewide. Btw it's been declared as over now, you do realize that right. And no, the central valley is a natural grassland. You can see that if you look on google earth on the area that are not taken up by farms over near Yuba City. Environmentally California was never a disaster, there were problems but they're almost all solved.

IE master race reporting in
Riverside, I used to drive by them all the time.

Not accusing you of this, but the map just reminded me.

What is with Oregon and trying to claim Northern California? The only reasoning I get is that "it's forested and low population, that means it's more like Oregon than California". As if California has no forests or rural people and that Santa Monica is all there is and so anything else must be "Cascadia stronk".

Conservafaggot SoCal faggot with a hard-on for the Red Curtain detected.

Humboldt Fags are basically Southern Oregonians even inland it's all just rural lumber towns and such so they are more aligned than different

Then couldn't you also then consider southern Oregon to be an extension of northern California? Since the eastern 2/3ds of Oregon aren't lumber towns and once you go too north you just reach Portland and the areas it's poisoned so that whole southern area could go either way.

This makes me want to have a regular /cali/ general. Though I don't know how many Californians are on Sup Forums. We could obviously include Baja California and most likely extend it to include people in western Nevada and southern Oregon.

/dixie/ can keep one up and alive, why can't we?

Suburban Hellscape

2/3 drought conditions have been solved, but the third will take years to fix even with proper precipitation

* reservoirs full
* snowpack healthy
× groundwater low

It's important to note that the rainfall for all of California rarely if ever falls anywhere near the mean. This means that we cannot consider this drought to be an aberration and even though we got rain, it's far from over. It's going to come back, and may be even worse. We can't keep considering California to be wet with dry years, but a completely erratic climate that will be dry more often than not.

What we need is a change of culture. We need to alter our expectations of life to meet our environment. Water is vastly more precious than anybody is treating it, especially shown in the way everyone saw the emergency drought measures as only temporary when they should have been permanent. As "California Imperial" said, even though the reservoirs and snow packs are filled our groundwater is almost gone an a lot of agriculture and cities rely on that for survival. We need to work as a people to be more conservative with water and exist more in line with the climate rather than fight a losing battle against it(yes even northern california, its wetter but it shares the same erratic rainfall patterns as the rest of the state).

Californians as a people need to get their shit together.

Most Californians are suburbanites who will never willingly change their ways. Most rural California in the valley and SoCal wish to drill, drill, drill to get more ground water for their crops.

They will continue to has the worse air quality in the country and poison everything around them.

Probably boring compared to the rest of the world, but being irrelevant feels comfy.

>Sacramento
>cold and rainy
>pine trees

Who the fuck made this?

Though I like to try to see the best in people, nobody ever said the wake up call had to be a nice one. At some point shits going to go down, and we can only hope that the Californians of the next generations are better than ours.

I've considered trying to get organized around the idea of transforming Californian culture into one which is more robust, pure and united but I don't have any experience or idea of how to organize, and even then I don't know if anyone would listen.

Why don't you start one?

It's not possible. I tried for five years, the only people who make drastic changes are city people in liberal places that are fringe to most folks they live around.

Catastrophy will happen for people to leave and the remaining will learn.

Just finished!

I never know when to time them so they don't die immediately. Do you think a new thread in the morning would work?

Maybe it's in the approach? I know sometimes when an entire society has to change, it resists even in the face of obvious danger because it has nowhere else to go. Like the shit is all they know, and to get them out of it, you have to provide a vision on what the new society would be. Like the Aztecs couldn't fathom a society/religion that didn't involve vast quantities of mutilation and human sacrifice until Christianity arrived and they had something more palatable to replace it. I almost feel our main problem is that we have no conception of what a California that isn't ruled by wastefulness and mass media would look like.

That, I think would be the main thrust of getting organized. Not informing the public on the precarious situation they have placed themselves in, but attempting to formulate a society which is preferable.

Though honestly I'm still young enough that I haven't had the optimism beat out of me, so this could just be the next generation of failure and it will be as you say "up to the remainder to learn" after shit hits the fan. Though I'm not opposed to the idea of a large exodus, this place is pretty comfy when there's nobody around.

No map but this is pretty damn accurate

Including a "here be dragons" area on your map is required by international law, fyi.

i'm in southern oregon according to the map

I almost feel like the pic for Lake Havasu would work for all of those places except maybe Flagstaff.

>your county/area is just covered with a description of Sacramento

t-thanks

>born in bakersfield
>literally the 90's still
>just got back from easter party
>shot muh guns
>drove around in 4x4s
>drank
>ate
>talked about emporer trump with my guido family

so how's life Kern Kounty Kiddos?

I visited balboa park in san diego. Comfy af desu senpai