Only God Forgives 4/10

Midnight Cowboy: 9/10
Julieta: 6/10
Mechanic: Resurrection: 1/10

i'm currently going through the influential films phase, no bully
Breathless - 9/10
Rashomon - 10/10
El Angel Exterminador - 8/10

Hurt Locker, Margaret and Run All Night.

Liked all three, probably even loved all three.

[from Margaret]. Really wanna see Manchester by the Sea and the new film from RAN/Non-Stop director.

Woman in the Dunes
El Sur
Performance
I'd say they're all masterpieces.

It says a lot about a director when even when he makes a relatively shallow and gimmicky film like Rashomon, he still nails the execution perfectly.

Yeah, Lynch loves curtains. iirc they appear in several of his films actually, just like a bunch of other themes and motifs.

Joy 5/10
Carol 7/10
The Exorcist spoopy/10

Lost Highway and OGF are both 10/10. At least you got the rating for Enemy right.

Enemy was second rate psychological thriller ripping off Lynch, like Incendies was an edgier Nolan film. Villeneuve is such a fucking empty director.

Sow as Only God Forgives.

Sling Blade (Directors Cut) - 10/10, this was perfect, all around terrific performances (Dwight Yoakam really stood out for me, that guy is great at playing nasty sons of bitches judging from this and Panic Room),
Jackie Brown - 9/10, why doesn't tarantino make movies like this anymore? the most nuanced film he ever did but since it was picked apart by critics he returned to making meme movies with bloodsplatter and cringy dialogue to please his mostly ADHD riddled fandom... sad to see what kind of director he could have become if it weren't for his mostly retarded fanbase. It also helps that Tarantino's writing style and Elmore Leonards neo-noir characters really merge together perfectl; the soundtrack is god-tier, definitely the best out of his 90s movies

Glengarry Glenn Ross-10/10, basically a play in a feature film form, forshadows the disastrous dog eat dog climate in our economy, enough has been said about David Mamet's godlike dialogue writing capabilities so no need for me to elaborate. watch this immedeatly if you haven't, i regret that i put it off for such a long time. God-tier performaces, Pacino is a silver tongued devil in here as always but it fits the tense atmosphere where you have Alec Baldwin as a salesman from hell.

Top five 8/10
Where the wild things are 5/10
Let the right one in 6/10

The Leopard - 8/10
Certified Copy - 8/10
Water Drops on Burning Rocks - 6/10

Started watching Coen brothers' movies that I haven't watched before

The Big Lebowski 9/10
True Grit 7/10
Fargo 8.5/10

>Only God Forgives 4/10
10 years later and OGF is still one of the best pleb filthers

Good films in this thread.
Why is the catalog filled with garbage threads and films.

Jan Troell is a pretty comfy director by the way.

Interstellar: 10/10
Inception: 10/10
Dark Knight Rises: 5/10

Well didn't take long for the shitposters.

do you not know how to properly reply to someone?

>2013 was 10 years ago

He doesn't deserve a (You)

i like your thinking

I think he does but replaying to that post directly is a waste of a good (you)

Before Night Falls: 8/10
The Sting: 8/10
The Sweet Hereafter 9/10 (true kino right there, can recommend to anyone who loved American Beauty, Six Feet Under and Ice Storm)

You could say the exact same thing about refn and ogf. Enemy is a better film than ogf

Only God Forgives is the definition of mediocre. Only someone so far up their own ass who likes the smell and taste of shit could actually like this. People think this is a masterpiece. The people who respond to you on Sup Forums and call you a pleb are Only God Forgives fans. This has to be one of the most pathetic auteur circlejerks I've seen. Dedicated to Jodorowsky? He doesn't deserve vapid trash with his name slapped on it.

Don't Breathe 4.5/5
Deadpool 3.5/5
Suicide Squad 1.5/5

>interstellar 10
>inception 10

>ogf 10

What a fucking joke board

>that image
>liking deadpool
Cancer

>disliking suicide squad
>liking deadpool
ayy

Seven Samurai 5/5
Once Upon a Time In the West 5/5
High Noon 4/5

Stray Dog 3.5/5
Rashomon 4/5
Stagecoach 3.5/5

been pretty good

>Lynch loves curtains
I just finished rewatching Mulholland Dr. and it also had red curtains in it

Ex Machina: 6/10
The Green Mile: 10/10
Se7en: 8/10

Holy Motors (Leos Carax, 2012) 8/10
Natural Born Killers (Oliver Stone, 1994) 9/10
Medea (Lars Von Trier, 1988) 10/10

Good movies. Medea destroyed me.

>I still don't get OGF
Embarrassing pal

10 Cloverfield Lane - Very enjoyable. MEW and Goodman were great. 7.75/10

Evolution - Need to watch again but provisionally a very atmospheric 8/10

Amelie - Really enjoyed this for about half of the film then kinda lost interest. Maybe worth a revisit one day. 7/10

They live 7/10
How i live now 5/10
Look who's back 9/10

>10 Cloverfield Lane - Very enjoyable. MEW and Goodman were great. 7.75/10
stopped reading most overated film om the board and a 5/10

>implying
I get it, its a shitty film though

Suicide Squad: 3/10
The Salvation: 6/10
Miami Connection: 4/10

Eternal Sunshine 6/10
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil 8/10
The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans
Kraj: USA 7/10

sleuth (the old one) 7/10
after hours 8.5/10
the legend of 1900 5/10

Sicario 8/10 (7/10 for the movie and 1 extra because bluntfu)
Neon Demon 6,5/10 making a visually opulent yet vapid and brutal movie about a visually opulent yet vapid and brutal industry to criticize said industry for being visually opulent, yet vapid and brutal seems awfully redundant, but it was so artistically done. Also maybe not the best movie for a first date, i felt like the dude from taxi driver.
Star Trek Beyond 7/10 could've been much better if the ending didn't drag out so much, also i did not like the tweest.

>taking a first date to a refn movie ever
what was he thinking when he did this?

>Stay still in your room and stare at a monitor
nah I'd rather live

She asked me, what i was doing tonight, is said, i'm gonna go to the movies by myself, 'cause my buddies were fucking incapable to agree on date and time. So she basically invited herself. I told her it was gonna get violent and weird. The violence and the cannibalism didn't faze her, but the necrophilia wasn't her kind of thing. She really dug the aesthetics and the makeup though and said it was all so surreal that the gore didn't really register as gore.
tl;dr: i did get to fuck her and she is open to the idea of watching more refn kino.

The Bourne Indentity 4/10
The Bourne Supremacy 3/10
The Bourne Ultimatum

These movies suck, some of the blandest action I've ever watched.

Try the other variable you fucking dunce
you can watch a refn movie anywhere it's still not good for a first date

well that's cool then, wouldn't recommend ever actively taking that risk though, but you already know that.

Identity is cozy, but everything after it is hot garbage

Well, best case you get sex, worst case you get a fucked up story to tell your peers.

libtards doing their masters bidding

I believe there good be a good quality board here, but I just can't fathom where the capeshit and twitter spam comes.

It's just so fucking much

blunt cant act and ruined sicario for me

>Holy Motors (Leos Carax, 2012) 8/10

Please explain this crap to me. I pretended to like it to fuck a european girl but to be honest it was a complete hack film.

There can never be a good board here

/lit/, Sup Forums, /ck/, /out/, /o/

Nigga, fight me irl!

No country for old men - 10/10
Dont breathe - 8/10
Beasts of no nation - 9/10

The Darkness 2/10
The Nice Guys 6.5/10
The Duel 5/10

Slim summer pickings, everything disappoint

>Yeah, Lynch loves curtains.
Emerging from the red curtains is a metaphor for birth.

i mean Sup Forums as in here. there can never be a good Sup Forums

Manchester-by-the-Sea looks like it's going to be a masterpiece.

Margaret might be my favourite movie so I hope Manchester lives up to the hype its generated so far.

And The Shallows is pretty fun, beautifully shot too. One of the only Hollywood releases this summer that was any good.

>Wake in Fright
8/10
>Boogie Nights
7/10
>Sicario
8/10

Any recommendations?

After Hours

Man, I'm so fucking excited for MbtS. I saw the not-3-hour-cut of Margaret and loved it. Have you seen the extended?

You got letterboxd or mubi?

>The Nice Guys 6.5/10
pleb, it was great

>Only God Forgives 4/10
Found the pleb

see
you shitty little faggot

The Godfather 9/10
Murder My Sweet 8/10
The Big Steal 5/10