I used to love playing videogames, it was something I was passionate about and something that caused me joy. Now-a-days...

I used to love playing videogames, it was something I was passionate about and something that caused me joy. Now-a-days, I simply can't enjoy games in the way I used to, no game can get me hooked up or makes me feel happy or exited.

I hate this, I wanna love videogames again but I simply can't. What should I do? Have I been playing the wrong games?

Idk what to do, I feel like if a part of me was taken away.

I lost interest in a lot of gaming when they changed from selling complete games for a set price at release and started selling deliberately incomplete titles to sell you downloadable content to add to the game that should have been complete to begin with... also, in the massively-multiplayer world, the communities of most older titles suffered a lot after going free to play and adding pay to win features. I really hate what they've turned it into. You probably are feeling the same way. All I can say is stick to your roots, and play what you know and liked from your past and stick with them.

Yeah, maybe. Everything feels soulless to me

I wanna have sex with the back of your mother's kneecaps.

All computers programs should be open source

Her armpits are moister and more enjoyable

I went back and played originals to games I hadn't played before, i.e. fallout 1 & 2, The Witcher, Mass Effect

Plus MMORPG's can be a good way to stay in touch with people you don't see that much, downloading Secret World atm, looks alright. Ghost Recon Wildlands is pretty good when you go in with no hud and at least one other person you know

If you've only been playing online multiplayer games recently, try going back to something single player with a story.
I got bored of just playing overwatch etc and thought the same thing, but then played Nier:Automata and enjoyed it
You just need to find the right game

this

If I had stupid amounts of money I'd buy a Warthog, an Oculus and a better GPU and play Elite Dangerous high on shrooms in this thing

I feel u bro. I'd love to die and relive my life during the burning crusade and wrath of the lich king.

What kinds of games did you used to love to play? What kind are you playing now?

Halo, AOE, Pokemon, GTA SA, Shadow of the colossus, etc.

Right now I don't really play anything. I buy a game, play it for around two hours and that's it.

Cont.

Like, playing halo splitscreen was the best. Discovering cheats, easter eggs, and places and doing stupid stuff in GTA SA was awesome, talking about pokemon and being excited along with your friends was incredible, and SOC was just great.

Having to get books or magazines with cheat codes, guides, and news was the shit. There was always something new to discover and share. With the internet everyone knows everything, there's no excitement, no new stuff.

Same here OP. It's because you've reached the point where you know all the archetypes, story, gameplay etc. it's all too predictable and you think on a higher level than consumer. You think of games as a producer and what the creator did right or wrong etc

You're right, it's because everything is too predictable.

This.

But I happen to enjoy one videogame every 4 years or so. Laster years are World of warcraft (vanilla on elysium today), fallout 3, Europa universalis 4 and fallout 4. Those I play for days or years.

I buy games in case i might miss a few ones, but i simply cant put more than an hour in.

A good point is having more joy finding a good book (way easier than an enjoyable videogame) or doing sports.

I still shelter with these videogames, but it is not worth a book or sports, or working. A good thing imho.

Already got the books part, now I need sports.

None emntioned Skyrim.

I think videogames is not a thing we enjoy, period. I am jealous of those twitch players that seems to enjoy games like there was nothing else in the world, but other activities fit better imho.

Meh, Elite Dangerous on a 3 screen setup isn't that impressive sadly.

7680x1440 master race here.

Sport is an endogenous drug, it really is the best thing in life.

Also, videogames nowourday recquire beautifull graphics, ie huge development costs, ie they must be mainstream to be profitable and have the biggest playerpool possible.

I'll find one I enjoy when I get back to school. I need a hobby or I'll be lost.

Did you get laid or something?

You should check out smaller indy titles. They're usually pretty rich in story and give you something more than just the same old stuff. I have been loving games like Child of Light, Inside, Undertale, To the moon, and just games like that.

Also, there is a new generation born with the internet as a mainstream thing, and these people want (and get) easy thing which are enjoyable at once. ie videogames are easy and beautifull, but soulless for older players.

Weed.

Also achieve something in the day first.