I want to start learning programming. Which programming language is good for the start?

I want to start learning programming. Which programming language is good for the start?

Python
Java
Apple swift
Php
Html

C

>listing those "languages" in the same breath

people who can program are highly intelligent self-starter self-taught learners. you haven't bothered to research what the things you're asking about even are. you will never, ever program. do something within your limits.

Python is pretty good for beginners. Also good to start with because there are so many beginner courses for Python online.

Stay away from Stackoverflow tho.

C#

Really hoping you're only pretending to be retarded.

Python html5 and java

>as slow with as much over head as java
>not cross platform
no

react js for job

This

Python is a good place to start too but may turn you off because of the forced indenting which would be annoying for a beginner.

I started with python. Its really high level so you dont need to worry about the smaller details, you just get the idea about logic operaters and teach yourself something lower level.

Also, source code is always available, so you can always figure out how shit works.

>Python
Easy to get started with, but might teach you bad practices

>Java
A pain to get started with, but is still industry standard, and teaches you good practices.
Consider C# instead.

>Apple Swift
Just don't.

>PHP
More of a scripting language. If you want to end out with making interactive websites but not much more, then go ahead.
Also teaches you toxic practices.

>HTML
Not a programming language, but a markup language (that's the ML-part)

What do you want to use programming for OP?

>I started with python.

Where are you now? are you working with programming? I'm 19 and unemployed and looking for a better way to spend my time than playing runescape, so i'm wondering how much time i would need to put in before i can start applying for jobs

c++ is best for begginers,quite simple too

Actually, getting a proper grip on computers (I. E. Learning your way around Linux) might get you further here in the beginning

C, i think, than when u learn some basic stuff u can pass to some OOP language

Well, for the development of applications, sites, etc.

>programming language
>Html
sure, learn HTML
show me how you program something in HTML

If you want a job just focus on Java. My brother studies computer science & engineering and he gets a job offer like every month. 90% of the wok they need new people for is Java.

BASIC?

If you're into that I suggest Python to start with, then Java. Also you should really check out Processing. It's an application / language(ish). It's a bit of a mix between Java and Python, but with a really big emphasis on the graphical aspect, so you can easily create your own GUI's n shit.

This.

Mhmmm, no

Javascript (pros: free, easy to play with, lots of examples; cons: prototype-based programming systems, scoping rules are rather different from most languages);
C (pros: THE must-know language for professionals; cons: unforgiving)

ASM is the only language you need

I hear that linux is good for programming, just how essential is it though? I've only ever used windows

Linux is good for the easy acquiring of languages such as Ruby and Perl ...
personally I use it for server hosting, it takes up considerably less prosessing power than windows

Start with JavaScript HTML and CSS to build basic websites. That way you can start making money in just a few months

nice trips

Linux is good for programming, but to use Linux it really helps to know C.