Will there ever be a band more punk?

Will there ever be a band more punk?

>implying they weren't phony industry plants designed to sell punk fashion

Yeah, literally every other punk band.

G.I.S.M.

Skrewdriver, GG Allin and a lot of the Japanese hardcore bands come to mind.

/thread

This board never fails to not know anything about punk. Jesus Christ listen to records outside of the Sex Pistols and Dead Kennedys.

>implying

>Sex Pistols
>Punk
I don't think so pal

I'll never understand this notion, the Sex Pistols undoubtedly made punk what it is. How can they be phony when they pretty much made the fucking thing?

Because it wasn't genuine. They were put together by clothing designer to sell his line of clothes. He advised them on the music, how to dress, how to act, everything. They were complete fuckin frauds

fucking neck yourself

Also they didn't pretty much make punk. The Stooges did everything they did but better.

Considering Suicide coined the term punk rock, I'm guessing them and the velvets and the fugs are more formative to the development of punk.

PiL is more punk than the Sex Pistols and it's not even punk. With punk the "big names" like Clash Ramones Sex Pistols etc. are all pop trash. Real punk is abrasive

The only two people who listened to Malcolm was Steve and Paul though. Johnny and Sid hated Malcolm, Johnny even sued the guy for not ever paying him.

Stooges music was nowhere near aggressive or controversial. The Pistols risked being hung by the government just for insulting the queen.

>muh "real punk"

Choke on a turd you cretin

Yes

only utter children (such as )
are concerned about "authenticity" - the fact that there are bores still harping on about shit like this makes me wonder if it's all by mclaren's design

sex pistols, phoniest band in the universe, is coincidentally one of the greatest and most subversive rock groups ever, with or without the songs. luckily those are spectacular as well

and obviously only dropped in to share his cool wikipedia facts since the pistols and stooges sound almost nothing alike

i didn't know bilbo was in a punk band

The bands don't have to sound anything alike. The Stooges did what the Pistols did. But better and earlier.

>punk is
And that is where you are wrong

cant get punker than this

Again this board knows nothing about punk

ok fag

this

Go listen to the Sex Pistols and convince yourself you know what you're talking about some more

>only utter children are concerned about "authenticity"
It's literally the only import thank when discussing punk, or art in general.

because people with two brain cells think they can have an opinion on stuff they can't grasp.

music is sold and marketed and that's VERY BAD. it is a huge, complex thing for the average music listener. they rather have some projections of starving kids and burning cities at their Clash concert so they can feel good about them selves.