Has anyone seen a psych type doctor for depression or anxiety? If so, what medicine did they prescribe you...

Has anyone seen a psych type doctor for depression or anxiety? If so, what medicine did they prescribe you? Has it helped?
I have bad anxiety and a racing heart rate.

Bump. So close to quads.

This is the answer to world piece and shit, my niggaz!

Doubtful.

I took Prozac for depression. It also helped with anxiety. Talk to your doctor.

my doctor gave me a hard slap to the face and yelled "SNAP THE FUCK OUT OF IT"

Do you still take it? Did it effect your sex drive?

I worry about that. I need something to calm me, but the side effects scare me.

Amitriptyline for migraines/depression, and Ritalin to help get my day started.

I have a double-whammy of depression AND anxiety.

Most docs will start you with Lexapro, Zoloft, or Prozac. I've taken all three plus a handful of other SSRI's, add-ons, and even MAOI's, nothing's made a dent so far.

I've been treatment resistant but both of my parents have responded well to antidepressants so maybe it's just finding the right key

Have you tried Adderall?

I've been taking viibryd and welbuttin for a few years works well ask ur dr

What were the most common side effects that you had when on them?

I have heard the first med causes extreme hair loss.
Also, in what ways does Wellbutrin make you feel different?

Klonopin on a daily basis for more constant anxiety -or Xanax to take as needed for situational anxiety - also i takee effexor which has helped my anxiety and depression hugely - I feel great and normal now - I don't like ssri's like lexapro it makes me gain weight and have a large appetite, makes me sleepy and kind of an airhead also btw I have bipolar 2 and add as well

SSRI's will have some effect on your sex drive, no matter what. Zoloft was the worst, I literally had to beat off until I was sweating before I could cum. Weight gain and increased appetite is also common among all of them. Lexapro has a weird effect of making you yawn more. Prozac makes you fidget a lot.

My shitbag parents put me on Zoloft from ages 10 through 13. OP should stay the fuck away from all ssri's if possible. They fucked my development up.

Ok holy shit but i remember being but on ADHD drugs years ago, and Im not a doctor so I dont know if these are SSRI's (or what SSRI's even are), but that stuff made me uncontrollably horny to the point that it actually scared me (i stopped taking it because it was just scaring me and not helping)

I also became less emotional for a time during and after that. Shit sucks bigtime.

Why would you seek out medicine when your picture is the best cure for mental anguish?

There's a reason Buddhism stuck around. I took pills for 4 years. I began healing when I stopped looking outside for answers and began looking in.

Fuck psychiatrists, and fuck their medication. They don't know what's really wrong with you and they never will. Don't use meds to cover up the underlying problem of why you're anxious.

What's making you anxious? In what scenario are you more anxious than not? You post a quote by Buddha but have you studied the four noble truths and eightfold path?

You know what cured my 'depression', 'anxiety' and other made up conditions my psyc told me I had? Go to a trance party. Drop acid, drop shrooms, find a quiet place and watch this anxious, depressed person you think you are slowly melt away and you realize all these issues you think you have are made up in the mind and that it isn't actually you; you dissociate from your anxiety and depression and this change is permanent.

This is the 'enlightened' state buddhists talk about, but instead of spending decades in meditation trying to reach it, psychedelics can force you into that state. It sounds like a load of shit, but if you actually try it, it's the most liberating experience you can have.

ADHD meds are very different from SSRI's, just Google it.

Some antidepressants won't effect your sex drive, Bupropion is the only one that might have actually increased it a little for me.

>Don't use meds to cover up the underlying problem of why you're anxious.
>Drop acid, drop shrooms

Don't you think that's kind of disingenuous? We know even less about what acid and shrooms do than antidepressants

Ah well it must have been something cause i didn't imagine breaking out and humping the table at 16 when I had never done anything like that before

Any negative side effects with Effexor?

You are being hypocritical. You say prescription drugs are masking issues, and yet your solution is psychodelic drugs like shrooms and trance parties.

Because there are some things that no matter what you do, you cannot change/alter. Coping and figuring out how to be happy in this world is a real issue for a lot of people. And so is anxiety and depression.
What makes you happy, user?

Buddha has some amazing quotes, but, a lot of it is too close to other religions and dumb.

Exactly correct on this one

What he's saying is don't use prescription drugs for the rest of your life to cover the problems you have. Psychedelic drugs like LSD and Shrooms can either wash away the made up problems you had, or bring the actual ones you're avoiding up to the surface where you can't ignore them anymore.

it's completely different to prescribed drugs. You don't take it daily to 'feel' better, you take it once, and it shows you your problems from a different perspective, which is what many people I feel need. It cured my depression and anxiety. It doesn't mask anything like anti depressants do.

I am the only one that think that unhappines start to rise when you start to see the world around for what really is ?

Agreed.

I just got prescribed Zoloft around a week ago for Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I haven't been on it long enough to feel the benefits, but the first few days were pretty shitty. Bad exhaustion, headaches, diarrhea, increased anxiety, orgasming is much more difficult, brain fog. At almost a week, most of the side effects (besides sex issues) have calmed down, but the first 3 or 4 days were hell.

Fuck that. And yeah, I hear it really makes ejaculating/orgasming difficult.

> Has anyone seen a psych type doctor for depression or anxiety?
Yes i have, and currently are
> If so, what medicine did they prescribe you?
I live in sweden so the brand names might not be the same, but whatever.
Venlafaxin for depression and low energy
Atarax for when the shit hits the fan
Circadin for sleeping problem.
> Has it helped?
Venlafaxin helps the most, helps with energy, and im not havin panic attacks as often. I am taking larger and larger doses, so hopefully i hit that sweet spot soon of dosage.
Atarax is shit, doesnt help at all.
Circadin also is sort of fucking weak, but i asked for a non adictive sleeping pill, so i guess the blame for that one is on me.

I've been drinking tbh

How many mg of the venlafaxin?

Drink of choice? Brand?

in order to escape depression, one needs to make a serious lifestyle change.

happiness is not acheived over night, just as depression is not made over night. it takes years of hard work and struggling. happiness is not a state of mind that once reached, remains with the person.
happiness is fleeting. it comes and goes just like any other emotions. general happiness about life does not exist. everyone has struggles.

Yes, multiple times. Prozac twice, strattera once. Exercise is a better option.

Double jack and coke

the best advice is by starting to change things in life music and ect small thing and after awhile fast for 3 days to show you have control of your life

So how does one find and hold onto happiness?

You have fasted for 3 days before?
No food and no water? Or just no food?

This works really well. Big Pharma does not like this solution because it doesn't make them any money. However I highly recommend it.

i've been smoking for years but honestly it makes me feel quite shitty because it shows me all my flaws, makes me question whether I can achieve my goals and makes me extremely anxious. But that's just me, could help others with depression/anxiety I bet.

That stuff messes with your brain and reaction time in a bad way.

At least pills don't cause diseases and death.