Michael Gira - The Consumer

What other artists have written novels or short stories?

youtube.com/watch?v=RLX3lPxmAH4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5ysyB_rhAWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Giras best work

youtu.be/5ysyB_rhAWs

The Consumer is so fucking cringey it's almost pathetic to read honestly. I love Gira and all, but some of his work just comes off as "w-woah is me" at times, and Consumer takes the cake, it's just unnecessarily edgy and some points is just pure drivel. I feel like it's almost a right of passage though in general. But I wouldn't under any circumstance recommend it. Better than food reviews it simply because he enjoys that weird sex shit.

I know this is supposed to be dark and disturbing but I laugh every time I hear his deadpan descriptions of the day NEET

I was taken by surprise by how fucking good this one was. A shame that the Death Of Bunny Munroe ended up being a tepid turd.

>god-tier musician
>solid novelist
>great screenwriter

Is there anything Cave can't do?

For what it's worth, the dude's life from his teenage years to his late 20s was pretty fucked up. It's only in the recent stuff where there's no dark shit at all because he seems to be living a much happier life now, calling his recent iteration of Swans the best times of his life so far. That being said, I am not a big fan of The Consumer either, and I even like The Burning World.

>"woah"

fuck off cliff you fucking red-wine drinking, fingerless glove wearing, 60 year old women fucking, surface-level analyzing, intellectually posturing pseud we all already told you on /lit/ we hate your guts

>anything he can't do?
Make a good album in the year 2016 after his son dies.

Yeah it's legitimately good from a writing standpoint, and yeah the follow up was a big disappointment

I found out about this cunt through this video. It took me four years to hate Fantano, but this guy earned my disgust in six months flat

why? i'm still a total /lit/ newfag who only loves reading mishima. Why is this dude shitty?

You're the worst booktuber.

I like some of it, some of it's not so good. I don't really mind it being dark because Gira has really been though some shit, it never feels like it's trying hard. His music is still better.

no he's not, /lit/ is just retarded

/ourguy/

Literally no one is surprised by this

for the same reason you are

anyone else read this piece of shit?

I think it's hilarious timing how he published it at the end of the Bunny era, start of TGA.

why does /lit/ hate this guy

he's a pseudointellectual posturing yuppie fuckhead

also a trump supporter

Patti Smith wrote a lots of poetry and even won a National Book Award for his memoir Just Kids

they all would love to be like him but they can't

Hasn't John Darnielle from The Mountain Goats written at least two novels?

>"Irony and cynicism are the killers of possibility" - Michael Gira

Wtf? this is a terrible statement. being ironic or cynical doesn't make things impossible, they are just rhetoric

what the fuck i hate that quote now

It's a quote that just doesn't make any sense.

It's a collection of words that sound "Wise" without actually being wise

what the fuck i hate that quoteven moree now

Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden wrote a few books

He was a poet before he was a songwriter.

“At this, Eliza and Ezra rolled together into one giggling snowball of full-figured copulation, screaming and shouting as they playfully bit and pulled at each other in a dangerous and clamorous rollercoaster coil of sexually violent rotation with Eliza’s breasts barrel-rolled across Ezra’s howling mouth and the pained frenzy of his bulbous salutation extenuating his excitement as it whacked and smacked its way into every muscle of Eliza’s body except for the otherwise central zone.”

The ironic and cynical you allow yourself to become, the more detached from reality you become, and the more complacent you feel with the world being a shitty place. You should always have hope and you should always be sincere. If you don't that makes you a pathetic cuck who's only hope for happiness is hedonism, not hard work to make things better. You sound like a liberal pansy.

I hate this guy so much. I've only seen a few videos by him but he's just so bad. His reviews are so empty and inconclusive. He's also a loser who lives with his parents because he sucks at English iirc. Kind of the a bad person to be reviewing books.

thats Pat Smith faggot
its a fair statement go fuck yourself

>woah is me
What did he mean by this?

this is the gayest thing ive ever heard. these people think theyre so deep and dark lol

Good job staying away from the central zone ezra lad, women hate the central zone

>WOAH is me
baka

The Consumer is edgy garbage and literally kill yourself for posting that gary cooper with aids goblin pseud

don't lie, you want him in your boi pussy

It's disgusting and cringey edgelord stuff but that is exactly what I love about it. It's fun to read such degeneracy and malevolence, from some dark tortured, "deep" self-indulged individual.

Using irony and cynicism doesn't make you detached from reality. its just rhetoric. there is nothing wrong with it

No it was not a fair statement, it was a dumb statement

laughably horrid