youtube.com/watch?v=nUja5B8ei2U
youtube.com/watch?v=8yDarQW7UZc
youtube.com/watch?v=v0gkFD5k1sY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

his wife is cute to me

> be weird
> music that doesn't necessarily fit into a particular category

here ya go OP

damn user, if i had stuck with the chart it would have taken me 7 albums to get there

I really can't
Either you love him or you hate him, you just kind of have to accept it
Listen to We're Only in It for the Money, Hot Rats, One Size Fits All and The Yellow Shark
If you don't like any Zappa by the time you've finished, you probably never will

i may be biased as it was the album that redpilled me on zappa but i do think its a great place to start to see what he's all about. its fantastic

>3 hour album
>great place to start

I already like him, but it's a daunting catalog

i fuck with pic related on the regular so i doubt it's a problem

I'm not even near half way there.

just listen to the first half. that's the beauty of it, pt 1 is a perfect zappa experience. the second half should be heard but you can skip it if you're new to fz. you should listen to watermelon in easter hay and a little green roseta on part 3 though. watermelon in easter hay is probably his best song

youtube.com/watch?v=nUja5B8ei2U

jealous, i have a bunch of his CDs but the old school records are better.

A filthy fucking semite. Also reddit-tier.

Is he putting The Beatles on blast with that Sgt. Pepper album cover?

zappa isn't even genetically a jew

He definately is an italian though, look at that fucking hair

He likes em' squeaky.

youtube.com/watch?v=8yDarQW7UZc

he's literally every other big-nosed ethnic group besides jewish. well besides turkish also i guess

youtube.com/watch?v=v0gkFD5k1sY

sheik has really been growing on me lately

> user sucks mad Telefunken U-47

It's not just the cover, and it's not just The Beatles.
Listen to the song Oh No.

Zappa was actually not a fan of the Jews, or religious people in general.
There's a bit on Playground Psychotics where they're discussing (I think) Mark possibly wearing a yarmulke on stage, and Zappa tactfully refuses to allow it.

Frank Zappa doesn't make music, he makes parodies of music. He's a critic of art more than he's a maker of it.

I don't get how you can say his entirely instrumental prog jazz fusion albums are a parody of music.

I mean, he did write Pound For A Brown.
The thing about Zappa is that he's a master of the humorous line cliche, even when referencing his own composition, and the vaudeville of his band is an artform in and of itself.
Sort of like Cirque du Soleil, but rancid.

I loved Hot Rats. Where do I go from there? Seems like a real chore to sort through Zappa's catalogue

I'd recommend either Waka Jawaka, The Grand Wazoo, or the instrumental version of Sleep Dirt.

Waka/Jawaka, The Grand Wazoo, and Sleep Dirt for more jazz fusion stuff
If you want to branch out, maybe try Burnt Weeny Sandwich (like a proggier Hot Rats) or Chunga's Revenge (good mix of instrumentals and humorous rock songs)

Thanks a lot m8s

shit chart, the first albums that you have to listen are Joe's Garage and Absolutely Free

what a qt jesus