"What kind of music do you listen to?"

>"What kind of music do you listen to?"
>"I listen to everything"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EePERxhu_MA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they are literally just saying they are open to every genre. are you so retarded that you find that annoying?

>everything except country

A person who doesn't play music on their own except what they hear other people play.

it means that the person listens to everything they know about, not everything that exists
there, autism defused

Is it bad if I just say "psychedelic and experimental stuff" or does that sound pretentious

>"what kind of music do you listen to?"
>implying I would be a pleb that restricts the music I listen to to a certain "type"

it's fucking retarded since those are not genres lmao just fucking leave this board

i mean i would suppose your right because the following question would be, oh so do you listen to ______? and then they would be like huh? i only listen to (insert generic band or artist here)

oh so you'll like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=EePERxhu_MA

Just say, "I like the Beatles."

I usually say this because I listen exclusively to heavy metal and don't want them to think I'm some sort of school shooter.

Duh, entry level. Kids music.

I think I can listen to any type of music and get enjoyment out of it if you find me the right song.

the question isn't 'what genres you listen to'

I like punk rock and post punk.

do not say that, you will lose potential friends.

see this

>I like everything except country, rap, hip hop, metal, pop, jazz, electronic, folk, reggae, and blues

There's two kinds of people who say this. First kind is the normie that doesn't care for music any more than what's popular on the radio. They won't get mad at you for playing stuff that isn't actively abrasive (eg. Death Grips). Second kind is a bitch because they actually do care what you play, and usually you have to keep switching songs until they tell you one they like.

But what if they actually DO listen to everything OP?

This is really cool.

I'm mostly this because I can't pinpoint what genre is my favorite. Can you help me out? I'm a pleb, I don't know anything outside of listening to songs, so I don't have a favorite album. I mostly listen to

Frank Ocean
Radiohead
Iron and Wine
Kanye
Snow Patrol
[spoiler]Usher[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Ne-Yo[/spoiler]

Patricianize me, Sup Forums.

Yeah Radulescu is interesting. I'm uploading an album of his flute music to the sharethread in a bit if you want to check it out too. it'll be 10 minutes

You're a fan of the "utter trash" genre

What he said

Pretty much what someonenis saying by that is that they have a wide music range and they dabble in many music genres

Either that or they don't know much about music. But you can easily figure that out by like two seconds of conversation

No need. You're already top level

>mfw my shop teached asked me this when i was 13 and i answered 'art rock, avant garde and alternative'
>he just nodded his head like i was vapor
>would never say something this cringeworthy ever again

You like pop
More specifically, you like hip hop, alt rock, neo soul and indie folk (which isn't actually folk)

Can you recommend some albums to get me started? Been thinking of abandoning video games and focusing on some other hobbies.

He was probably in awe of you

Good tip, thanks guys

I just say "rap, electronic, and rock", it's not that hard.

i just say what i actually like and if they dont know what it is i dont care.