Murricans, tell me:

Murricans, tell me:
how many creationist actually live in the usa?
like, how many of my friends are likely to actually believe earth to be 6000years old if I ever move there?
Is it really taught in schools? if so, what are teacher's attitudes toward this kind of content?

pic almost unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiislam.net/wiki/Neil_Armstrong_(Conversion_to_Islam)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

This is taught by parents that home school because home schooling is usually the most attractive option for religious nuts that want to control how their kids get information.

I see
how popular is it?

It's really rare to find someone like this

Fairly common to meet people who believe creation guided by God but without any strict timeframe

that's a pretty reasonable belief

so is it just a media bullshit, that you are taught some nutty idiotisms in biology and religion classes?

Implying the devil didn't hide a bunch of dinosaur bones to trick us into thinking its older than 6000 years old

if the devil could do that, why wouldn't he fake the old scripts for us to believe that jesus was actually a clown plumber, had eleven toes, afro and was a faggot?

checkmate

You're on the right track this religious bullshit people believe it in one form or another all you have to do is find out the right combination to exploit it.

It's overblown

Not as bad as Muslims and the just plain retarded shit they wholeheartedly believe in.

The problem is, their bullshit gets a pass as "cute" and "brown people adorable" because they don't know any better.

Mostly this.

If even one person thinks that shit is true then that's what I'd consider too popular. Mostly in places like Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, etc.

Where are you from?

im not but i live in the midwest where that kind of thing is arguably the moat prevalent, and on the upside, this kind of stuff is dying out thankfully. with the kids that are capable of intelligence, but heavily sheltered by oppressive religious shit (my wife when she was younger), the "pastors kid" stereotype is as real as niggers being thieves. the second theyre out of sight of the christfaggotry, they detonate from the sensory overload of years of life expwriences being missed out on. my wife was one of the fortunate ones to bot get completely consumed by it, but ye. zealotry is killing itself.
the ones to be worried about are the stereotypical "catholic" style christfags. the ones that cherrypick which flavor of jesus they like for the day. theyre the ones smart enough to hide their bigotry/etc on zeal, but theyre not bound by that zeal and are incredible pieces of shit that embody the cardinal sins to a T literally to a man.

tldr - westboro baptists and the like are at least honest in their hatred and youll see it coming a mile away. treat every other christian like a priest and youre an altar boy.

poland.
I just want to know if what they tell us here about usa is true

You're kidding yourself if you think creationist Christians are less stupid that Muslims.

I see. that's informative, ty bro.
can you provide me with any numbers?
how about the part about this being taught in schools?

its literally illegal to teach "creationism" in public schools. only chance of that happening is a religious school.

see my post here

but I read about those stickers that you are obligated to put into biology textbooks saying evolution is just a theory, etc.
is it just untrue bullshit?

every textbook ive encountered from kinder-zoo/bot-college bio/anatomy courses inherently describes it formally as the theory of evolution. people have tried to pull shit like that, or force creationism be taught alongside, but it always fails. inbred hillbillies thankfully dont get good lawyers.

to be fair, though, our country DID elect an angry pumpkin as god-emperor, and his administration is mutilating our country, so.. i mean.. ye.. we might basically be romania by the time you get here :/

Usually only old people believe in strict creationism, is pretty spot on about this. Some people also believe in things like deism (god created the world and let it evolve) or that god created the universe and watched over the evolution of his creatures. And it is illegal to teach creationism in public schools, obviously private schools and religious schools are exempt from these, again another user got it, . And this is untrue and would probably cause a lawsuit. In schools everybody just just kind of accepts evolution and the teachers usually just say something like: "I don't preach it, I just teach it". Religion isn't usually talked about unless its like about terrorism or history, and most (not all) schools still participate in religious holidays that became a part of popular culture, like Christmas and other things like that.

Poland. I have only been in Płaszów and Krakow, but I liked it and the people.

Yes, there are a LOT of completely out of touch religious crazy people here.

This guy is basically right.

The problem is: The creationsists are a tiny minority of people.

ALL Muslims believe in stupid shit. ALL Muslims believe that it's perfectly fine for Mohammad to fuck a 9 year old.

Fun fact: In Muslim countries, they think Neil Armstrong landed on the moon and converted to Islam

wikiislam.net/wiki/Neil_Armstrong_(Conversion_to_Islam)

Its my understanding that as many Americans believe in creationist Christianity as British folks believe the King Arthur legends are fact.

They can all die of the plague as far as I'm concerned. God will save the righteous.

If anyone at all believes things from religious texts they ALL believe stupid shit. Not just Muslims, every last person.

But Islam gets a pass.

People are quick to ridicule, mock and make fun of Christians.

Those same people wouldn't dare do it to Islam.

hey, keep Suffis out of it
they are fucking chill

je suis charlie, my friend.

I guess this clears it all for me.
thank you kind user, and all the other posters as well.

now I wonder why the fuck have I been told all those untrue things

high five then, I'm from Krakow

Yup. And firebombings and attacks aftewards.

PissChrist? Enlightened leftists celebrated it and chortled. No attacks.

Here's another stupid American belief:

American democrats and leftists believe Islam is a race.