The plot progression resembles that of a video game and I'm only 20 minutes in. Why should I keep watching?

The plot progression resembles that of a video game and I'm only 20 minutes in. Why should I keep watching?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L9Mf5UBFvH4
youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah it's no masterpiece but it's a good an unique time. Get the fuck off your computer, kill the lights, crank your soundsystem or headphones, have a few cold ones and get immersed.

I'd like to play some video games like that then.

It's Nolan's worst movie by far. Don't fall for the lies of "but but muh feels!" when in reality it was Nolan's attempt to avoid being criticized for his cold, emotionless directing. The movie was needlessly overstuffed and complex. It should've been more streamlined like its original script.

Soundtrack.
Great atmosphere.
Fantastic visual effects.

Salutations, Reddit!

Daily reminder Nolan is one of our guys but neo Sup Forums 15 year olds took over and declared him reddit

>kills his female characters
>almost no blacks and when they're in his films, they die
>is best buds with James Cameron and other Sup Forums favorites

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=L9Mf5UBFvH4

>soundtrack
I agree. I love going deaf

You shouldn't, it's an absolute piece of shit from start to finish. Reddit-tier forced emotion, which just comes across as an
an actual autist writing what they think sadness must be like

It had some good visuals, good moments & decent soundtrack. The plot ruined it though; it was trying far too hard to be a 2001 for the 21st century & the plot didn't explain anything. It could have been fantastic hard science fiction film, instead it was generic shit.

I thought this was about the Martian at first

It was horrible in IMAX. The music/sound was blasting so fucking loud over the top of everything.

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

i stopped watching by the third time i heard "dont go gently into that good night"

it wasn't a complex movie at all though. the spielberg script was crazy as fuck and had zero g sex in it.

Should watch this movie instead.

Krauss is unbearably smug.

an amazing set piece towards the end

So you only watched it for 3 minutes?

Watch solaris

You fucking people. You just hate on films that EVERONE likes just to feel oh so fucking special

>You fucking people

What the fuck!?

you could go to some popular hugbox website, if it pleases you. here, we have all sorts of opinions you might not find elsewhere. it's up to you whether the arguments are convincing or not.

if you don't like having your opinion challenged, you shouldn't express one.

so how the fuck did they save the earth exactly?

3 things really. What the fuck do the equations that he sends Murph actually mean? The giant fucking space station that they are on at the end. And with all the stupid time shit that doesn't make sense. How the water planets scientist probably landed minutes before they did and Anne Hathaway's planet not being found yet by the future space station.

You get that Sup Forums used to be liberal af and it's neo-Sup Forums that's racist, right?

Hey Chris, how's Dunkirk coming along?

>imax staff play sound too loud
>blames Nolan

please die

They didn't save the Earth, they saved mankind.

Not earth but humanity, they were able to send large amount of people into space with that stations they had build

>eureka

>Sup Forums
>ever not racist

"Neo Sup Forums" is significantly less racist than old Sup Forums.

This. Sup Forums's basically been Slightly Edgy Facebook since 2007.

Tell me where in that post I blamed Nolan? The movie was horrible in IMAX because of the sound.

It's assumed earth was consumed by blight and became one uninhabitable dustbowl.

>Videogames are about dusty corn

>Interstellar
>worse than Insomnia
At least DUDE BOOKCASE LMAO had something interesting about it

Insomnia was a great movie, one of Nolan's best.

This was my girlfriends favourite flick until she died

no, my autism didnt give her cancer

>pauses a movie to post on Sup Forums

Why even watch a movie?

Was it overdose of bbc

>Was it overdose of bbc
pills, she killed herself

lmao embarrassing

Sup Forums here. Great soundtrack. Top ten albums of 2014 no doubt.

Still can't believe I paid for No Mans Sky. Fucking hell

Majority of the movie was 1 song. While it was a good song, it doesn't make it a top album of the year.

This.

great movie, not so great ending.

Did you listen to the soundtrack? As in the official one? I did. It uses the same theme throughout a bit of it, but that was common in classical music back in the day. I don't fault the soundtrack or Zimmer for that.
I'm still there.

You need to let the menory of that crazy woman go so you can move on with your life.

>What the fuck do the equations that he sends Murph actually mean?
environment data from within a black hole, presumably she was able to advance the understanding of space/gravity with that data.

>The giant fucking space station that they are on at the end.
at the beginning of the movie Michael Caine's character explains this: the NASA place they were in was built as a space station but the technology to launch it doesn't exist yet, we are to assume that the engines to lift it off into space were created after Murph deduced that stuff

>How the water planets scientist probably landed minutes before they did
the only real plot hole with that part is why they would even bother landing on this planet because if she was only on it for a few minutes then you would assume there would be a way to tell how long her pod thing was broadcasting the signal, thus the crew would have known that it just landed and there wasn't enough time to assess the planet's worth

>and Anne Hathaway's planet not being found yet by the future space station.
what does this mean?

I liked it

>liking good movie is a reddit thing
>post TDKR BvS and Ryan Gosling movies is Sup Forums

I

Bootstrap paradox?

It's implied that human beings ascended into some sort of 4th or higher dimensional existence, then used their time-bending abilities to create Gargantua (that's what the wormhole was named, right? too lazy to Google) and relay the information to Murph via her father.

Did they ascend after earth worsened and then try to rewrite the past? Why? It seems like they'd have a much better life as higher-dimensional beings. Or is that lifestyle hellish? Why would it be?

Did they ascend after humans reached the Ann Hathaway planet? If so, how could anyone have reached AH without help from higher-dimensional beings?

if blight is so pervasive they couldn't save earth with like a greenhouse or something, aren't they just going to bring it with them to the new planet

Why should you keep watching? That's easy. You unplug from everything else, and you watch it from start to finish, and really watch it. Unless you're denser than lead, by the end of the film this is how you will feel:

"That ending didn't really make sense, and there was a long boring build up to it... actually, the whole thing seemed really subpar. Bad, even. Yet it's rated so highly and everyone seems to love it... did I miss something?"

Then you take one of two routes. Either you succumb to the crowd and come to the conclusion that maybe you just didn't really get it, and it's another Nolan masterpiece that you wish you were smart enough to get. Or you stick by your judgement of the film, and start down the road of realising that Nolan is a complete hack and The Dark Knight was his only good film (and even that is massively overrated).

Good luck user.

... why do people keep confusing the wormhole with the black hole?

REGARDLESS WHATEVER YOU THINK OF THIS MOVIE THIS SCENE WAS BADASS

youtube.com/watch?v=a3lcGnMhvsA

This movie is pure genius. I'm actually glad most people don't like it

>> it reminds me of 2001
>> I don't understand the plot
>> it must be generic shit
you're fucking retarded

I only saw one hole.

But that doesn't answer my question.

I like the movie, btw. Just left pondering this, and it still bugs me:

I loved the way the relative velocity of the docking spacecraft was captured. Looked so good. Though from an engineering (read: sperg) standpoint I can't imagine the docking clamps, and the whole docking tunnel for that matter, were designed to withstand the torque required to slow down the spin of the station. In reality I think a structure like that would get sheared apart in that type of maneuver.

Cooper and the robot reach the inside of the black hole, the robot retrieves data about the black hole from inside with it's instruments, cooper uses bizarre time warping characteristics of the black hole to transmit this data to earth in the past, his daughter receives data and uses it to devise method of getting the massive ships into space, people live on the space stations for a time eventually receiving Hathoways signal through the wormhole, start leaving to go colonize new planet but cooper station waits in saturn's orbit for cooper to show up.

>and Anne Hathaway's planet not being found yet by the future space station.
They mentioned that it was going to be the last station to go through the wormhole.

i thought it was written by jonathan nolan? that script was pretty cool though. lot of bullshit stuff in it, but i would love to have seen it on the big screen. if i'm not wrong, a planet gets destroyed by some gravity device and there's some lego organisms that can change their shape.