Animal Collective discussion

Discuss Animal Collective-related topics (can include solo work of AnCo members.

To get this thread going, feel free to discuss any of the three topics.
-What is the best Animal Collective album?
-Whose solo work is the best among the members?
-Live show experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SzzqPnhHpw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I met Panda and Geo after a show in Jacksonville
Also, Eucalyptus is god-tier

Panda Bear definitely has the best solo work imo. Person Pitch is possibly the greatest album of the decade, if not top five, and his solo work has always been consistently good. Even back when Animal Collective was just Avey Tare and Panda Bear, all of the great ideas that STGSTV had were clearly all Panda's ideas. Even this far into their career, Panda has always had the best creative ideas, and it shows in their discography.

why was this so underrated

I was at their Portland show last night and I was at the front row on Avey's side. I was singing Taste and we made eye contact for a few seconds. I almost wanted to cry. There was also this gay interracial couple behind us (chubby white dude kissing and hugging a skinny black guy) and they were so fucking adorable. Had an awesome time, screamed at Panda Bear that I loved him and he waved back during the live banter (which they sampled actually, I believe. They were able to sample their live recordings somehow, like with vocals). Avey was a funny guy. The opener was really weird though, respected that he's chasing his dreams though.

How mad would you be if I told you I hugged them?

>pic related is me rn

i will never be able to even touch Panda Bear

>Animal Collective thread turns into a Panda Bear dickriding thread after the third post

never change, Sup Forums

AnCo is for white virgins

libertarian_left.jpg

Good melodies but I'm not a fan of a lot of the production and song structures. Fingers crossed for panda's next album which sounds like it'll be a nice change of pace from tomboy and pbvsgr.

On the other hand eucalyptus is amazing, really growing on me.

I always imagine a bunch of people from South America in these threads. They tend to over hype shit.

i dont know it has the light hearted church-ishness of Person Pitch but with some of Tomboy's downer qualities and awesome sounds and timbres and stuff throughout. I like every track except maybe Come To Your Senses

ehhh I'm of the opinion that they're all not as good as when they're together like Panda is no doubt important to the chemistry but they're all so essential. As for whose contributions you like the most that's preference. I do think Panda probably has the strongest solo discography though but to be fair AnCo is mostly Avey songwriting focused.

All Panda did was drum. That was an Avey solo album.

reminder that this is one of their best albums

Sleep Cycle is easily on par with Person Pitch and it blows the rest of his discog out of the water. Panda has really gone downhill lately, all of his songs on PW were complete garbage.

New Deak when?

>except maybe Come To Your Senses

bruh...

why does it have to be 7 and a half minutes though is my thing like it's a good song for like 3 and a half

Panda wrote FloriDada tho

i was at the portland show too! i waited 2 hours in line for front middle barrier spots. such a good show

That's the point imo. It's really hypnotizing.

that was avey dumbo.

This

dude... that opener was Steven Malkmus. Dude's a legend

Really? I've never heard of him. Give me a good album from him.

his solo stuff is pretty meh but his band, Pavement, made some incredible shit. check out their albums "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain" and "Slanted and Enchanted"

For sure my second favorite behind Person Pitch, Come To Your Senses is incredible also Faces In The Crowed is probably my favorite song atm

to my guuuuy.... til i dieeee

JUST NOW I SEE IT SO CLEAR
TOTAL SHIFT IN THE UNCONSCIOUS
WHEN AT THE START IT SEEMS LIKE FATES
HAVE SET IT UP LIKE SO MUCH MAGIC

JUST A RUSE TO GET YOU IN THERE
SEEMS
A
SPELL
AND ALL THEY TALK AS IF IT'S COME TO
FILL
THOSE
SPACES
ONLY YOU CAN
FILL
THOSE
SPACES

bump

I'll say it because nobody else will.

this is their best album.

it's their second worst after PW

Geologist solo album when?
youtu.be/SzzqPnhHpw4

Danse Manatee is basically Geolosist solo album

Feels is confirmed pleb filter

shit posted the wrong pic

I am hyped for whatever is lined up next after listening to Eucalyptus and Meeting of the waters.

That's not STGSTV

Anyone like campfire songs?

Is the rest of the Anco fanbase composed of flaming faggots?

Ah fuck, you posted the wrong one again!

literally how
it's their first sell-out album

i lick my girlfriend's sweet sweet taint like any other faggot would lick a bunghole

I think Danse, Hollindagain or HCTI would be the pleb filters friend.

>What is the best Animal Collective album?
MPP or Spirit
>Whose solo work is the best among the members?
As much as I love Avey, Person Pitch takes this one
>Live show experiences?
one time shortly after MPP came out, I was too late because I took the wrong train and came in to the synths of Summertime clothes, shit was great

Easily the best band of all time

ANCO IS SHIT!!!

>what is the best animal collective album?
Here Comes the Indian and MPP
>whose solo work is the best?
this question is damn near impossible. both panda and Avey have spotty discographies as far as I'm concerned. as much love as I have for stuff like tomboy and eucalyptus, shit like PBVSGR and Slasher Flicks is pretty poor imo. I'll give Panda this one, mainly because I think he's really fleshed out his own sound outside animal collective, where I think Avey's finest work is still on the band's albums (which is, admittedly, way better than even Panda's solo best)
>live experiences
I've seen em like five times. Last time was pretty fucking incredible but to be fair I already liked Painting With (sue me). Also Daily Routine was glorious as a closer, Panda was just showing off. Weird lil moment in the night when Avey wouldn't stop saying "experimental guitar" over and over. Got a bit uncomfortable.

because it's dreadfully bland
I'm pretty sure in an interview one of them talked candidly about how Panda doesn't use drugs anymore and wow does it show

he and his band Pavement were the biggest names in indie rock in the 90's next to mbv and ylt shit like that. if you read some AC interviews about the automine days, they started off as a Pavement copycat.

pretty insane to think now their idol is opening for them.

>What is the best Animal Collective album?
Strawberry Jam but Sung Tongs is my runner up.
>Whose solo work is the best among the members?
Panda has the best solo album but Avey has the stronger discography. Sleep Cycle however is also excellent, so they are all great on their own.
>Live show experiences?
I saw them in Columbus last year. Waited outside the venue for like 6 hours in the freezing cold, but I did manage to snag front row as a result. I smoked a joint toward the end of the opener Ratking (great group, the audience were complete fucks to them though), so when AC came on I was feeling great. Panda Bear stood 15 feet from me though I had a great view of the whole trio, and man were they going in! The visual noise they projected onto themselves was very dazzling. Incredible show all around.
I think it was pretty well received for what it is. It's a great Panda Bear solo project, and I do enjoy how hypnotic and maritime the whole thing feels.

>all of the great ideas that STGSTV had were clearly all Panda's ideas.

Panda literally drummed over things Avey wrote. It's an Avey album with Panda's name on it because he dug the percussion so much he wanted to credit him.

>goes for an unconventional sound
>sell out
user...

why are they named Animal Collective if only one of them has an animal nickname

Autism: the thread

>Panda did most of the work on STGSTV

copypasta worthy