I honestly think music is the greatest proof we have that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I honestly think music is the greatest proof we have that God loves us and wants us to be happy
It makes no sense for us to like music but I want to play and spread the word of the Lord
George Harrison had the right idea 100% as to where he took his solo career
Music is a gift from God so that we can enjoy the world together in times of peace
I love being a musician and every time I jam I think about how thankful I am to be blessed with the gift of music. I think there is a no greater spiritual moment you can have between two people than a jam session.
God be praised

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z3CMdOxPKW4
youtube.com/watch?v=wVZUBMUekck
youtube.com/watch?v=QSv7SkXmhFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it sucks that 97% of all christian music is shit

youtube.com/watch?v=z3CMdOxPKW4

I LOVE YOU. PRAISE THE LORD OUR GOD, WHO LOVES ALL SO MUCH THAT HE GAVE HIS ONKY BEGGOTTEN SON.

srry for the caps. God bless you all.

>it sucks that 97% of all christian music is shit
>97%

desu 97% is a low estimate

zao is good

fag

We have Sufjan tho. youtube.com/watch?v=wVZUBMUekck

music is the art of sound. we are cognitive and very soicable animals. we've evolved past mainly using instict for survival and can explore extravertedly and be able to create art for entertainment. we can look at a picture someone painted and appreciate it for the atmospheric visual setting it gives. we can read a book and appreciate it for the thought process behind anothers mind and earn insight into their ideas that we hadn't thought of. we can appreciate music because we comprehend that humans made these sounds with the intent of harmonous emotion behind them. that's why different types of music make us feel different emotions, because we recognize the emotion the artist is expressing through sound. thats why we can't just listen to the sounds of outdoors and appreciate it as music. music is pretty fucking great though man.

>George Harrison had the right idea 100% as to where he took his solo career
George Harrison was a Hindu though. Why do you think the backing vocals say "Hare Krishna" in My Sweet Lord?

>I honestly think music is the greatest proof we have that God loves us and wants us to be happy
If this is the greatest proof you have then all I can say is no wonder the Christian religion is shrinking.

I'm a Muslim fundamentalist but this must be bait

>who is Hildegard von Bingen
>who is Leonin
>who is Perotin
>who is Guillaume de Machaut
>who is Guillaume Du Fay
>who is Johannes Ockeghem
>who is Josquin des Prez

I could go on, but you got the point. And I haven't yet named even one musician who wasn't born before the start of the 16th century.

>20th and 21st century pop
>>>>>>>>>>>music
git gud
youtube.com/watch?v=QSv7SkXmhFI

I guess that's why the best music is created by the dissatisfaction of god.

Fuck this post, sage.

Krishna is the same as Jesus.

this angst smells

>the best music is created by the dissatisfaction of god

The number of good musicians who believed in God is significantly larger than the number of good musicians who didn't. In fact, you can count the number of good atheist musicians with fingers of your two hands (Shostakovitch, Varese and Xenakis are the only ones I can name without using Google), and their music was certainly not created by "the dissatisfaction of god".

Johann Sebastan Bach

Wrong, a lot of musicians grew up believeing in god and then ending up becoming an atheist.

It's just them leaving the social norm, the amount of good atheist musicians is subjective and I won't even take the bait.

great christian band!
FACT!!!

>mormons

>christian

>Wrong, a lot of musicians grew up believeing in god and then ending up becoming an atheist.

Yes, but most of them are shit. Try naming 10 good atheist composers and then try to name 10 good composers who believed in God. You will immediately notice that it is significantly easier to do the second task than to do the first task.

I'm not Christian. Rather believe in a God but no text and I unironically agree.

Good for you, hon.
Keep the faith up.
Be a good boy.

Sufjan doesn't really make Christian music though. He just happens to be Christian.

>mormons
the fuck?

one could also argue that art (music in this case) is somehow as fundamental an urge built into the brain to keep us from an hero and to keep us reproducing, ie like the pleasure of fucking, thus there is no god, just a genealogical chain of the most fucked up shit winning the darwin race

ie, fuck you god

i hate skid row