Blade Runner

Reminder that in 3 years time, our world is going to look like this

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYMpKiOt8JU
youtube.com/watch?v=GVz96aT9-Hs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>when it hits you real life is more cyberpunk than actual cyberpunk media

This film predicted the future pretty well with a multicultural vision of all living together in a poorer environment

im fucking ready!!!!!!

HE SAY YOU BRADE RUNNER

>And then he wakes up.

If we had women who looked like this

Sweet, delicious data mining.

Reminder that there's already a Pris out there, pegging some fat man.

>tfw no comfy house

>we were supposed to get robot sexdolls
>instead we got a phone

What are these hairstyles called?

New Wave

What you talking about? Japan has designed a robot that acts like that google robot that can answer simple questions.

Not for sale though. A lot can happen in 3 years so there is hope

>What you talking about? Japan has designed a robot that acts like that google robot that can answer simple questions.
but can I fuck it

I wish I looked just like him

That's one of the only things I dislike in that movie. The interior walls. It's sort of supposed to look like intricate infrastructure, but it's not. It's repetitive and shitty looking, and would be a nightmare to clean.

Realistically, the world won't look like that until the human population becomes so vast and extreme, we'd have no other option but to build upwards because there's virtually no space left to build on. According to my rough calculations, that won't happen for about 1,000+ years. And even then it won't, because we'll just end up expanding artificial landmass out into the oceans.

So yeah, enjoy that little dream.

>mfw no Louis Theroux sex doll doco

lol

I can't wait to hear this music at a club

>No rap
>No pop
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YYMpKiOt8JU

>tfw enriched now

Dystopian futures in movies make me feel some kind of way, like it's depressing, but I kind of want to be an average joe in one of the cities, there's that saying where living in a city is more private because of the sheer amount of people makes you anonymous

>reminder that there is a video camera and audio receiver in your phone
>reminder that there is a cellular phone in every home and office in the country

A future where we all live on low cash and all the races are together as one isnt so far off.

>I've made edgy jokes about killing the president so much online its probably some poor NSA agents job to listen to everything I say

no physical space is a meme, everyone on earth could live comfortably in rhode island, its the lack of resources that mean everything has to be in one place

Looks like a nightmare when cleaning after a good night of cooking.

Why the fuck would you post a picture of Hong Kong when could just as easily post a much more impressive picture of New York?

new york is smaller

we live in dystopia, not cyberpunk

>tfw this film predicted those giant advertising screens that we have in the city

>7 billion people could live comfortably in Rhode Island

Are you actually stupid? I don't think you understand the amount of space required to house 7 billion human beings. Those people have to move around freely also, so you're gonna need roads, sidewalks, subways, etc etc.

A Cyber city is seriously the comfiest place to live.

Times Square and Piccadilly Circus had those long before Blade Runner.

>>we were supposed to get robot sexdolls
>>instead we got constant access to the entire breadth of human knowledge as well as constant social connectivity to every single person we know and millions we don't know, all on a device small enough to fit in our pocket that has 100+ times more processing power than literal supercomputers from 50 years ago

Yeah, man, the """future""" fucking sucks. Where's my future technology? I can't believe that all we have are these stupid phones!

We do. An employee at First Avenue in Minneapolis named Caitlyn. Look her up.

>taking some stupid shitpost I made this seriously
Nice.

It looks like that because of your Chinese animes and shitty deviant art pictures. In reality it would be like Beijing but a million times worse.

>grimy, polluted, depressing
>comfy

pick one

Fan art for what Ryan Gosling may look like in the sequel.

I AM HYPE

us non asians better get used to it. funny office scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVz96aT9-Hs

the first season of the us office is the best. this is so awful and hilariously awkward. i love the pan to the asian girl toward the end. if they would have kept the more unlikable, awkward vibe for the rest of the season, it would have been a much better show. it got way too cutesy, way too quick.

>environment
i'm probably alone in this, but i've never found darryl hannah to be attractive

>YLN live in NYC circa 2260

Missing out on experiencing future megalopolises is the shittest thing about dying.

In China, the air is kipple.

Perfection

>megalopolises

Sounds like hell on earth. Metropolises are shitty and awful enough as they are today. I'd kill myself if I lived in your picture.

How can the air be so polluted?

So I've never seen Blade Runner but I have read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, the novel on which the film is based.

What struck me when reading the book is that it has none of the architectural aesthetic that the movie seems to encapsulate from the images I have seen from it.

Therefore one of the most celebrated aspects of the film, the incredible environment, is entirely a creation of Ridley Scott?

I imagined the landscape in the book to be a lot more dystopian and desolate.

For people who have seen the film and read the book, which one do you prefer?

>Perfection
you can have her

>not wanting to live in a city like this

No, of course not. It's a nightmare.

>which one do you prefer?
The book, as far as the story is concerned. It's way more fleshed-out.
But some of the visuals in the movie are fantastic, so I like the movie as well.

looks like hell

>There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW who would rather live in some futuristic neon hellhole than in the lush green countryside of the Shire

Explain yourselves...

where can i find this outfit?

>no fast food stores
>no clothing stores
>no dark clubs with vaporwave like music
No thank you

Nigger I'm over six feet tall I'd have to crawl around any house hole.

Which future city would you rather live in: LA of Blade Runner or NYC of Fifth Element?

For me it's Hengsha of DX:HR

Almost a total lack of regulation on what factories are allowed to pump into the air.

Can I just say the Pokemon universe and be done with it?

bruh, i live a twenty minute drive from Hobbiton.
its neat to begin with but its just a modern part of life now.
i wanna live in F U C K IN G N E O - T O K Y O

>kipple
wtf is kipple?

>all the weed you could ever smoke
cyberpunk is for cucks

Most of the pollution comes from cars and motorbikes. L.A, while nowhere near as bad as Beijing, is still pretty smoggy. It's from all the carbon omissions.

>Sunshine

No

lol
reminds me of a UT mapper whose name was Nexus, until he changed it to Lexus

>Neo Tokyo

What does that even mean? And let me tell you, living in a city where nobody, and I do mean NOBODY, speaks even a lick of English, is one of the most frustrating things you'll ever experience.

>DUDE WEED LMAO
Out of this thread you go

Neo means new, so it would mean New Tokyo.

>he doesn't like weed
how's preschool?

how about 2 rhode islands

>i wanna live in F U C K IN G N E O - T O K Y O
Didnt the Japanese recently say that they dont want whites living there? Could have sworn I read that in an article

>According to my rough calculations

When I think of "Neo-Tokyo", I think of the one referenced in Akira, after the nuclear(?) destruction of the city.

I've spent some time here and there in Japan and I can tell you that having even just a bit of Japanese (I only studied it for two years and forgot a lot of it between studying and actually going) helps a lot in those situations. Getting lost in the Italian countryside, on the other had, was difficult for me.

is that a plastic o-dachi?
am i a weeb for asking that?

Neo-Tokyo.

The Japanese are ridiculously xenophobic. They don't mind you visiting for a little while, but they don't want your white ass living there.

t. Anglo Scum

Don't worry. Look at this face, look how fucking smug he is.

Fuck off, mehmet.

in three years the world will look like this

Nah I agree desu.

I watched one Japanese movie where a black guy was living there. Felt weird to see him be the only black guy

Odds of Blade Runner 2 having Alien references?

Only a sizable chunk of the US when Yellowstone finally erupts.

Those intolerant bastahds! Do they not want Joey and Bill dating their womens and taking their jobs? Damnit I DESERVE free money and to live in Japan!

Zero. Absolutely zero.

My experience in Japan was that I was a wild-card in the average day of any Japanese person I had to deal with. The look of "oh shit" on their faces was pretty normal eventually. They would definitely tighten up and get nervous, but were all helpful or at least polite. There were a handful of occasions when I was refused service or insulted (on a nearly-empty train, so there were no other Japanese there to see him behave in that way).

Anyway, they are, as you point out, xenophobic and still largely homogeneous as a society. Their own population is dwindling, but they also don't want to admit too many foreigners, either. It's a weird place.

WB owns it although Ridley Scott believes they are in the same universe, it legally can't be.

kek

manly jaw I agree m8

From what I've heard the Chinese are similar, especially if they live in the mainland