Why the fuck do these movies keep getting made Sup Forums...

Why the fuck do these movies keep getting made Sup Forums? When they're so formulaic and lowest common denominator that they could literally just slap a new number on the title and show the exact same movie to people with no production cost?

Is this the same thing as those retarded haunted houses where American college kids go when they get drunk and some retard chases them with a plastic chainsaw? Have everyone's brains really rotted so much?

Its edgy devilbait for teens, you're looking way too hard into it

>for teens
So pretty much like the haunted houses then? I thought it might be something like that, is there a "grownup horror" subgenre anymore or is it totally dead?

It's completely dead man.
There are 0 good horror movies

>The Babadook
>It Follows
>The VVitch

Horror is doing just fine. You just need to know where to look.

Because being scared by jumpscares is enough for the general masses, if it works, don't fix it.

We're all miserable contrarians who voice our opinions on an anonymous message board.

Why do you have an opinion now? Is it because yify just uploaded it poorfag kid?

>yify
I watched Sparks, faggot

Is it really true that people lived in moldy dilapidated houses with stained peeling wallpapers and shit in the 70s? It literally looks like Chernobyl.

>The Babadook
Kill yourself.

Horror movies are for sub 80 IQ shitstains and teenagers to have playing in the background during halloween parties.

People literally live like that today. That's Britain for you.

It Follows is the worse movie there
Why do people love to hate on The Babadook?

It's trash and praised the fuck out of by 13 year old boys because babbi's first metaphor, etc etc. It Follows is clearly no perfect movie but the idea of the monster is cool. It definitely shits the bed with the pool scene, when you find out the monster literally fucks it's victims to death or even the beach scene desu. It was still competently made and had some interesting ideas. In this day and age kudos to Paranormal Activity for fucking up the horror genre It Follows delivered with more than you expect from horror movies of this cycle.

The Babadook is just trash, praised by retarded normies who are understanding for the first time what a metaphor is. Not to mention the Babadook itself is laughable. The only good scene was when she was reading the book.

I hate people like you.

Does the main dude in this wear a wig or is it just really bad hairplugs?

>movie about religion

dropped

he's right on all accounts though

what was up with the kid who didn't stutter i feel like he only had one scene near the end and the rest of the time it was like he didn't even exist . one thing i enjoyed about this movie was it didn't spend half the movie with the parent in denial about what was going on in their house

>tfw no ghost hunting wife
:(

>tfw you will never get another ghost bj like the one you got when you slept over at your friend's haunted house

Horror has always been pretty shit desu. Conjuring 2 wasn't even that bad. Way better than Insidious 2 which retroactively ruins the first movie

Horror has GOAT potential that is rarely actualized.

>tfw that ugly bitch is Franka Potente from Run Lola Run
Wow.

>When they're so formulaic and lowest common denominator that they could literally just slap a new number on the title and show the exact same movie to people with no production cost?

You just answered your own question, you stupid cunt.