You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

really makes you think...

did he die?

He never became the villain, though. He just got angry and started killing criminals.

I remember being 12 and seeing the movie and thinking "whoa that's profound!" but when I grew up I realized that it's such a poorly written line. It is meant to sound "profound" and be foreboding, because we all know what's coming to Harvey, but it actually makes no sense because it applies to no situation except for his own. It's so stupid.

it applies to any once good tv show run into the ground. Like The Simpsons or Spongebob.

I still don't know what he meant specifically by that statement. Was it a reference to an earlier scene in the film?

>12
>watching the dark night
Jesus Christ, these people are old enough to browse Sup Forums now?

I guess, even that's a stretch.

>You either die CIA, or live long enough to see yourself become the big guy

What did they mean by this?

Why did the hospital just leave his face like that?
How is his eye still intact?
How can he still properly control his jaw?
How is he not in constant, horrible pain?

>20 year olds can browse Sup Forums now??????

Obamacare

It's his superpower

we need to go back.

his insurance wouldn't cover the reconstructive surgery

you can actually see his fucking skull, Nolan is fucking retarded

>Superpowers: poor insurance, missing eyelids, painkillers

Dude just turn your brain off lmao xD

This is a very good point. The first thing to do with any burn victim is cover their burns (after neutralizing the heat of course) because it's very weak and damaged tissue that is ripe for infection, especially when half the fucking face and skull is exposed, but Nolan doesn't give a shit about accuracy and is a complete, complete hack.

wtf I hate hospitals now

I find it funny how so many dumbass teens think this is so deep. Bravo Nolan you managed to make dumb Americans think they're smart by watching your movies

It's at that point where you realize that Nolan's "grounded, realistic approach" is more silly than some asshole painting his face purple or dipping it in industrial villain-creation acid.

>see
>yourself
>villain

>C
>I (personal pronoun form of myself)
>villAin

Jesus, they were dropping big hints years back

Corruption of idealism is pretty common family

>implying CIA was ever a villain

The issue is that he's not saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely" or anything like that that leads to corruption of idealism. He's just very, very blatantly foreshadowing his own transformation in such a specific way that it barely applies to other situations. If he said something about the corruption of idealism and how it can come about, it probably wouldn't have been as easy to notice, the audience wouldn't then feel smart, and Nolan would lose his only merit as a director which is that he can make millions of people feel like they just watched an intellectual second coming.

I rewatched this film recently and you know what I've come to realise? Nolan is a hack, plain and simple. Allow me to get into specifics.
Many of the themes covered such as predetermined fate, luck, chance, chaos, unpredictability was covered with much more care and vigilance in No Country For Old Men, released one year prior. It seems like Nolan simply skimmed a little bit of the surface of No Country and sprinkled it sparingly throughout this dialogue expo shitfest. And how about that fucking pace. Why is it when every scene we see take place is always followed by some sort of critical analysis as so fucking offensively candidly told by either the old wise Alfred or the old wise black science man? It feels like Nolan wrote every scene as some sort of short story and decided to inject his own interpretation LITERALLY after the events had taken place. Does Nolan not trust his audience to come to their own conclusions? Is Nolan trying to say that each personal iteration of the story is incorrect and only his vision is the correct version? Why does this fucking disgusting HACK treat his audience like fucking children. I'll tell you why: his audience caters to fucking children. There's no depth to his films. It's all surface level pseudophilsophy with no room for personal opinion or deconstruction. God forbid you bring this up with his rabid fanbase, they'll be stuck in a state of denial until kingdom come. Brave Nolan, you hack.

>he thinks Bane was in charge

>implying CIA even had the feeling of being in charge