ITT: Pleb filters

ITT: Pleb filters

>le it is so boring. le nothing happens on it. le i can see why it is a classic but i hate it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8xAMc5kFxSI&list=LLKPF_xZojGAu0OcqgAl326Q&index=4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Only Nu-Males and P L E B S dislike Def Leppard

This

Kind of Blue is accessible to plebs though, it's only contrarians who say it's a bad album

Fuck off

t. pleb

get rid of this pleb

Is thinking Tool and Opeth sucks plebby?

You forgot "Le token jazz album that rockfags pretend to like to seem cultured."

Why do people seem to think that Jazz and Rock music are so far from each other when in reality they're really close
they even share subgenres

Thinking Opeth sucks is, they have a style that basically no other band can replicate

Because a lot of the fans of each refuse to listen to the other

I don't think a lot of real Jazzfags categorically refuse to listen to rock though
usually the most talkative people are the least cultured ones

My favorite jazz album is On the Corner by Miles Davis and it is pretty rocky desu.

In all honesty, what Opeth does isn't even complex and awesome genre fusion. Their music literally alternates between rather standard death metal sections, rather bland soft acoustic sections and the occasional generic prog metal melodic guitar solos. Granted, a band that switches between all these genres in one song is unique but not the interesting kind of unique.

Their death metal sections aren't standard, that's the entire point. Ã…kerfeldt is an actually good vocalist who can sing both clean and harsh and doesn't just squeal like his nuts got slammed by the toilet seat, the production isn't grating on the ears and the riff writing is centered a lot more on complex chords and melodic licks and not just single note tremolo picking.

>le it's short
>le it's repetitive

So you're saying its mellower and better produced than bad death metal. That still isn't saying much.

>le

unique =/= good

Yup, because it's progressive death metal and there's very few bands that can make it work aside from Opeth.

Just from the top of my head i can already think of 15 bands that do it better

Good thing Opeth are both then

No, it's just bad.

Progressive means more than just non-standard song structure

they're massively overrated
I would know, I really like progressive music in general

pleb

Maybe their old and new stuff but the streak from The Moor to Ghost Reveries and to an extent My Arms, Your Hearse and Watershed are flawless

*plays random noises*

wow... this is jazz.....

>(you)

The opposite is often true.

>there's very few bands that can make it work
You were right with this statement, but them you fucked up

What's even going on in this thread? I would like to believe that most of it is ironic.

TIL: if someone dislikes an album you like, they're a pleb.

Thanks Sup Forums!

If you don't like this you are a pleb.
youtube.com/watch?v=8xAMc5kFxSI&list=LLKPF_xZojGAu0OcqgAl326Q&index=4

Opeth has never been good, the death metal is mediocre, the prog laughably basic and the acoustic passages boring. Also Akerfelt is the most overrated person in music aside from that Ziltoid fag whose name I've conveniently have forgotten

this is almost universally true. People who hang out on the jazz threads are often loudmouths for a good reason.

*Tips fedora*

tasteless fag

No, liking progressive metal is plebby

Kind of Blue is one of the most popular jazz albums ever. As that other user said, plebs like it too, only contrarians hate on it.

I love jazz. Miles, Davis, the list goes on.

Well yeah it's the genre of jazz that specializes in random noises

Surprisingly listenable because they are all so good at their individual instruments