Why are people trying to pretend Suicide Squad wasn't successful?

Why are people trying to pretend Suicide Squad wasn't successful?

>Iron Man - Budget: $140 million, Total Domestic Gross: $318 Million

>Iron Man 2 - Budget: $200 Million, Total Domestic Gross: $312 Million

>Captain America: Budget:$250 Million, Total Domestic Gross: $176 million

>Winter Soldier: $170 Million, Domestic Gross: $259

>Suicide Squad: $175 million, Domestic Gross after 4 weeks: $275 million

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i5Si6H46aHE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People like to make fun of the DC.

To me: SS is in the right direction. Way better than BvS and was very entertaining.

I'd rather see an SS sequel and Harley/Joker movie than Justice League film.

I heard that it needed $2 billion domestically just to break even.

Because of MoS and BvS

Well of course it was successful. It's a hollywood blockbuster that's been advertised like crazy. How could it not be?

Now was it good? Haha...hahahaha

>>Captain America: Budget:$250 Million, Total Domestic Gross: $176 million
Legit laughed.

>Now was it good?
I give it a 7/10.

I hope we see the deleted scenes

You heard wrong.

I'm a licensed meme accountant. It needed 3 TRILLION dollars domestic to prevent bankrupting the studio.

It was better than BvS and CW.

I heard that too
Butthurt fanboys trying to pretend their film wasn't a flop.
PROTIP Critics decide what was and wasn't a flop. And Suicide Squad has been deemed a flop. And no amount of numbers or graphs or comparisons will change that. DC is finished. Now let's talk about how to reboot the DC universe to be a copy of the MCU with Batman and Superman instead

>comparing 2008-11 and 2016 dollars
>not factoring in marketing cost

1) Winter Soldier came out in 2014.
2) are you saying that SS has marketing costs, but the MCU does not?

>looking at literal costs instead of ratio between budget and gross
are you intentionally being retarded?

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>Reported budget: $170 Million

>"In January 2015, Disney revealed that the film came in "slightly over the agreed budget" at $232.3 million, with Disney receiving a rebate of $36.4 million from the British government. It was previously estimated to have hada $170 million budget."

>Actual Budget: $195.9 Million
>Final Domestic Budget: $333 Million

interesting

>Suicide Squad
>right direction

Half of this is right.
Half of this is retarded.

>Half of this is right.
>Half of this is retarded.
Are you trying to say BvS wasn't shit?

Because it needs approximately 1 billion to even break even

No

>some poorly edited music video better than Civil War

fucking retard, there's only so far your idiocy can go.

Civil War was trash

>1 Billion

you mean 500 gorrilion

It was entertaining because of wb. If they never interfered, it would be grimdark

lol, no. All the bad stuff was due to reshoots.

>hurr durr if there's not a quip every second it's grimdark and therefore bad
Newsflash:Real movies aren't quip based.

MCUcks

You're both wrong, while the studio messing it up made it worse, the film was doomed anyway. The script was written in six weeks and instead of being an interesting film from the villians point of view it's a generic: save the world, the characters are bad guys until the story calls for their motivations to completely change so they can be in the right and save the day.

Because literally the only pro of being a film critic is the illusion that people care about how good you think movies are
By acknowledging that SS is doing/has done well, that would require a bunch of film critics to recognize and accept that either they were wrong or everyone is stupid except for them
The former will never happen, and they haven't reached the Brexit-levels of sour grapes needed to do the latter

Huge fan of BvS and this movie was shit.

>Huge fan of BvS

You're stupid then

At this point I just like how angry critics make mental midgets.

but the critics ARE the mental midgets

Saw this movie for the second time last night

This movie is when you put a beta C-level director Ayer with a bunch of stars like Robbie, Leto, and Smith.

All of the leads' acting was out of unison. They were acting like their own version of the character and it was clear they had little to no guidance and supervision from the producers and director. Character introductions were hamfisted yet still took up half of the film.

It seems like in keeping what's going on a secret from the villains turned heroes they forgot to tell the viewer what's really going on. The main conflict was extremely haphazard and it felt very chaotic. There was no real conflict it was just each villain taking turns doing normal capeshit.

Leto's joker was decent. It was hit or miss from scene to scene but I really liked the new gangster kind of take on the Joker. It introduced a lot more believability to his character as opposed to Nolan/Ledger Joker which had me wondering why his henchmen worked for him in the first place. Robbie, while missing a lot of Harley's personality, killed it with the voice and the scenes where Harley and Joker were together were some of the best scenes in the entire movie. I'd love to see a Robbie/Leto movie with Batfleck.

Smith's Deadshot was straight on. It was obvious they wanted to get their bang for their buck when they heavily developed his character (or they just cast a star as the character they meant to develop either way). It was a cliché sort of backstory but it still humanized him in a way I would've liked to see with Diablo or Killer Croc or really any of the heroes of this movie that weren't Harley or Deadshot.

The ending of the movie was just as hamfisted as the beginning but I have to admit I fell for some of the capeshit. Overall I'd give it a 5/10

>they forgot to tell the viewer what's really going on

uh, what? Were you not paying attention?

Enchantress gets mad about being used, releases her brother, and they try to take over the world. The Skwad goes into the city because they're supposed to clear the path to get Waller out.

This isn't hard at all if you actually listened to the words the giant people on the screen say and don't have the memory of a goldfish.

Easily one of the best capeshits.

Don't see why retards like you can't seem to understand it.

Something something Guardians of the Deadpool something something

god I fucking hate this board and the fucking epic trolls haha lol/fucking shit taste faggots

fuck all of you

>thinking BvS was good
>thinking CW was good

memecuck pls

>Civil War: Budget: $250 Million, Total Domestic Gross: $407 Million

That's successful.

youtube.com/watch?v=i5Si6H46aHE

mouseketeers are anally anguished

does 175 included marketing?

>SS
>Way better than BvS

Bro ur a little too young for this website

No, and neither do any of the others.

I certainly hope you don't think that Winter Soldier or Captain America didn't have any marketing.

SS was shit and it being successful shows Warner's brass how to adapt to avg joes and their tastes.

>only counting domestic gross
>pretending studio gets 100% of domestic gross