ITT undisputed masterpieces of a genre

ITT undisputed masterpieces of a genre

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c4Kven5hSEA
youtube.com/watch?v=5ejyo9XfgiQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's not Antichrist Superstar

what you people don't understand is that what makes edgy shit cringeworthy is that the people who do it are inconsistent and confused. Literally nothing wrong with a piece of art being "edgy" if the negative aspects of the people we think of as edgy are not there.

Edgy

literally the other way around

Pretty Hate Machine is better.

it's also in a totally different genre

t. 15 year old emo edgelord who uses usernames such as "D4rk_Sasuke666"

youtube.com/watch?v=c4Kven5hSEA
i dont think he will ever top this

Worshipping TDS as a NIN fan is the equivalent of worshipping OK Computer as a Radiohead fan.

Eventually you grow out of it and find another entry in the discography that resonates more with you.

Pic related and Ghosts are by far the most patrician NIN releases.
Also don't listen to PHM purists, they're halfway down the road and they think they've already reached the destination.

explain please

Sadly.

15 year olds don't do any of these nowadays, grampa

TDS is industrial influenced metal, PHM is an industrial influenced synth pop release.

The two albums are extremely far apart in terms of how they're executed.

TDS and PHM are by the same artist, but not in the same genre. OP's statement was about the latter

Oh ok I'm sorry, thanks.

what genre though? edgy pussy-"metal"?

This is my favorite NIN album as of now

it's not even trying to be metal though

ahead of the curve

fans and the world will catch up someday, don't worry

There's a lot to love in MH, but objectively speaking Still and Ghosts are still more patrician.
Yes, even taking into consideration the context of HM within the discography and personal emotional context of Trent himself when making HM.

Still and Ghosts are so patrician their full understanding will help you become a wizard that can bend space and time itself.

Shoegaze is a pretty limited genre anyway.

>nothing wrong with a piece of art being "edgy"
you could and should have stopped there. there's nothing wrong with edginess in art

that's not maxinquaye. group four is a god-tier song though

I disagree.

sorry wrong picture

I pretty much love all NIN albums, could never get properly into Ghosts but I adored what I heard.
I love Still much more though, And All That Could Have Been and Leaving Hopea lways make me cry like a baby.

yeah it was a pretty dumb choice for undisputed since a lot of people prefer dummy as well

different genre entirely

>genre meme

>ITT undisputed masterpieces of a genre
what exactly were you trying to say by posting that album if you don't believe in genres?

I'd say TDS is the other way around. It is metal influenced industrial and not industrial inflenced metal. Which is why Sup Forums who despises metal lovmes this album. It isn't metal.

>implying if it was "ITT undisputed masterpieces" anything would be different

it isn't

Talk to any Industrial fan and they'll rip you to shreds if you suggest that TDS is industrial.
Or that NIN is industrial.

And that's why most NIN fans these days just say "NIN is industrial influenced".
It's not actually just "industrial influenced", but we say that so industrial autists don't go into a sperg rage and start REEEing.
If you've got a problem with it, go complain to them.

>Skinny Puppy
>industrial

SP is electro-industrial. Industrial is stuff like TG/NWW.

Fair enough, that was a mistake on my part. Should have know better than to use the term "indstrial" when reffering to anything other than o.g. industrial like T.G or SPK here.

My point is that if you talk to any metal fan (that isn't one that's 15 years old and just got into the genre through Jared Dines) and they'll have a similar reaction as the industrial fans if you call it industrial. Because TDS objectively isn't metal (or industrial to be fair).

Just telling it like it is, SP fans are ALWAYS the first to get triggered the fuck out, historically.
Every time.

>SP fans are ALWAYS the first to get triggered the fuck out, historically.
>Every time.
That's because SP fans have always had a rivalry with NIN fans and feel jelly over him.

NIN is too absent of metal tropes to be metal. It's synth rock.

OKC is by far their best you pleb. If you even try to say In Rainbows you're a fucking mong

>forgetting about amnesiac

i'd say downward spiral is really a masterpiece of its time and for rock in general, but not industrial music. most industrial music doesn't sound like nine inch nails.

>Shoegaze is a pretty limited genre anyway.
Kevin Shields brought it to its conclusion very early on.

This. The Fragile era stuff is the shit. I prefer The Fragile though. Feels more finished.

I got called an edgy manchild neckbeard virgin for years on this board for posting about NIN, trent appears on twin peaks once and now there's a dozen reznor threads a day

I know, it's frustrating.

You're still an edgy neckbeard virgin though.

the last panel is the first half
the first panel is the second

best album of indie folk..? no

BAABABABAAAAAAAA BAABABRA AAAN

You're an edgy manchild neckbeard virgin anyway. But I like Trent Reznor threads. Most of people are just being cunts and I enjoy being a cunt with them.

>Most of people are just being cunts

you're reading the wrong tront threads, most of the time they're comfy

Sure it's not as danceable like their old stuff, and sure some of the songs are barely on the fringes of what one would consider DnB, but I'll be dammed if this album isn't a work of art in its own right.

no, it goes like

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-BAAAAAAAA
BOOOOOOO-BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BOMMMM-BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BOBO BA-BABAAAAA

they're all just 2 embarassing autistic reznor fanboys posting cringeworthy memes

I mean actual discussions. Tront threads are cool and nice.
hey fuk u building

hit me with the best new wave/synth pop album

I like gary numan and the human league a lot

youtube.com/watch?v=5ejyo9XfgiQ
larks is better
not prog

Trent produced that album.

Kraftwerk. Everything post Autobahn.

I want more witch house desu

Have you tried Braids?

No, but I've tried 30 different shoegaze albums and nothing even came close to the ambition and cohesion of Loveless. Does it even come close?

>Pic related
>Live album
Just kys kid

I think its really good, however it sounds like you have a really high standard so its up to you to find out. They're among my favorites. Especially the more sadder/melacholic Flourish/Perish album.

it's not the live album, it's the bonus halo that came with it, dumbass

Massive Attack > The worst Massive Attack song > Tricky

Are you actually retarded?

Jesus christ, please be bait.

what slays me is people freely post

>HURRR TFW NO GF
>WHAT'S THE POINT Sup Forums WHY LIVE ANYMORE
>THESE LYRICS ARE SO DEPRESSING

but nobody calls them edgelords because it's fashionable to be a sad faggot with depression, anxiety, and maybe a little tism on the side.

Darkest timeline. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

I'm listening to this for the fist time when I saw this post.
So far you seem to be right

idk i've been an industrial faggot my whole life really, and iv'e always considered NIN industrial influence and always have fucking hated skinny puppy.

that's not my damnation

Nothing I ever heard before prepared me for the dimensional weight of this. Been listening almost every day for a month.

still a good choice though

do you also still dress like people from "The Matrix" ?

Kek at username

Loved this album growing up, but I tried to listen to it last year and it's just too cringy

This and The Slip are the only NIN I really listen to much anymore

t. user who is 15 years old

Nothing to this day tops it.