Stranger Things

What did you think? You can spoil it, I'm probably not going to ever view this program.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/stranger-things-theme-airborn-remix
periscope.tv/jackgrazer4ya/1OyKAvzrWBDGb?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>making a thread about something you're not going to watch

Why?

>I don't actually care about this or am going to ever watch it but want to start a discussion about it

I've been off Sup Forums for about a month so I missed the initial discussions for this. With uni going on it's unlikely I'll see it, but I still would like to know your thoughts.

I saw the first episode. Wasn't bad.

I haven't seen it. But based on the people who like it, it's trash.

>With uni going on it's unlikely I'll see it

Yet you have the time to post on Sup Forums about a series you've never watched?

If something's important, you find the time

It's complete and utter garbage. The writers keep a character alive who really should have been killed. It was an insult to the audience.

how long does posting on Sup Forums take? how long does watching 8 hours of tv take?

>not putting at least 8 hours of thought into every post

Sweet, the evening /froggo/ thread.

It needed a full 8 hours of Mike and Eleven cuddling next to each other whilst sleeping. Other than that it was perfect.

8 hours isn't very long. Do you not have a single hour alone a day that you don't work or study that you can relax and do something you enjoy?

Binge watched it this week... pretty fucking good, I thought

Lots of homages to 80s sci-fi/horror, and most of the acting is pretty decent. The kids definitely feel the most genuine but I also liked the sheriff character a lot.

If they do a second season do you guys think they'll stick with the same story line or do a different one?

yeah I was like what the fuck they would have just killed him. It literally made no sense. The show did that constantly, convenient writing I call it. Where things happen in a way that is just really convenient for the plot/characters. Other than that it was alright.

>you will never have phone sex with froggo over an open channel on a walkie talkie, knowing full well your friends are listening in on you

jdimsa

Really good, but not great. The characters and the performances outshine the story for me so it's not a huge deal if things get a little derivative now and then.

>they would have just killed him.

What are you basing this on?

Nailed it

I enjoyed it, I probably will watch a second season, but it's nothing I'd ever watch again and it won't have a lasting impact even comparable to other unique shows like twin peaks.

Loved it. Can't wait for season 2.

>That jelly memelord.
They should both pls come2brasil

>that face

She really don't like him.

Great show. Really looking forward to season 2.

So for season 2 : anthology or sequel?

I'm on episode 5 and this is pure mysterykino so far.
Blows LOST out of the water since there's no fluffy filler and you forget about the 80s gimmick midway through episode 2 so that's not that much of an issue like Sup Forums says.
Now I'm gonna leave the thread before I get spoiled.

trash pedo bait

posting fruggos

That's a boy. And he unironically wuvs Finn as much as Sup Forums does.

Is that from Supernatural?

My (platonic) love of Froggo is supernatural.

Anyone else watch the most recent Finn kino on periscope today? I honestly think Jack Grazer browser Sup Forums. He calls his castmates jews, weaboos and stops just short of saying nigger.

That's because his level of charm is supernatural.

Disappointed with the lack of El in this thread

They also always reder to Wyatt as "memelord," which is Sup Forumss nickname for Star Lord.

That's because Mike is best thing.

since the story line isnt resolved I am sure they will stick with the same one.

I prefered the THICC friend, not that sack of bones.

I've noticed that the kids form the show keep getting older, how is this going to work in season 2?

She's not spicy enough.

For you

>papers please, Finn
>What does that mean?
top. fucking. kek.

It takes place a year after season 1

BUT THE SNOW BALL IS THIS YEAR! WHAT WILL BECOME OF THE SNOW BALL!

Winona poor acting
Bad movie tropes
Too many plot interrupted moments
Too many explain it like im 9 moments
Too many I now know exactly what to do/what youre talking about moments

Its overrated all as hell and woulda made a better movie

Winona Ryder can't act, she ruined the show.

And all was right in the world

>you will never eat Eggos with El

>Cue Moby's music from the sopranos
>Flashbacks of Hops daughter dying in hospital
>''Goodbye Mike''
So many feels user, the tears flowed hard during that scene. Top show

Her acting is fine, its just that the direction was poor.

Just look at those muffs

The sheriff saw everything. He was also a drunk they could have easily killed him off.

froggo faggots should kill themselves, dustin is the best kid character in the whole series

why is she always showing her legs off
she needs to stop, shes too pure
also delete this

For real tho Nancy looked like a ant from Bugs Life lmao

Skeleton head ass bitch lmao

Thought she was a YouTube whore?

That's Eddie from the new IT, right? His friend Jack?

>unironically looking like a middle aged model for Macy's

My /fa/ is getting triggered.

shut up

He's taking Dustin we already discussed this!!!

soundcloud.com/airbornmartin/stranger-things-theme-airborn-remix

a remix i made of the main theme

Thanks for the virus

Dang, Eleven really looks like that?

YOU JUST NOW

reminder that she is pure and you need to DELETE THIS!!

>white female past the age of 11
>pure
Choose one

I want to pollinate elevens girlpucci

She's 12 my man

Most overrated thing of the year so far? Sure.

But still pretty damn good. Not at all.

o-oh I didn't know she was only 12..I totally don't want to do that anymore

Y'all. I have, like, an actual question. Did they shoot the longer scenes of her in the wig (like that one episode she wore it the whole time) before shaving her hair, just dyeing it? I'm not talking about the scenes where we fucking see her take it off, so don't use those as example. It just seems both wildly amateurish, and brilliantly devoted, to have actually stuck her shaved head in a wig for those long takes.

MELINATED

DARKMEAT

OILSPILLER

ENRICHED

TRIBALISMED

BROWN SUGAR

NUBIANED

COCOPUFFED

HORSE FLUED

COCO BUTTERED

MANDELA EFFECT

Lel made me laugh more than it should've.

A DYKE'S FACE

Poor little whit girl

>allowing a show to cut into masturbation time

why?

yes

literally just finished this shit 5 mins ago. heres my thoughts

>started out great, only went downhill over time
>characters for the most part were pretty annoying and not too well acted
>CGI was terrible, and its really a shame that they decided not to use a guy in a rubber suit for it. Budgetary constraints don't really fly as an excuse on that end.
>The gov't organization was run by complete idiots. kill the innocent restaurant owner for feeding 11 but give cop a free ride home when he infiltrates your fucking base? no sense. and giving hop access to the shadow world was fucking nonsensical.

honestly, not terrible but def not the 5 stars netflix posts it at. The story was overall pretty meh but the way the information was doled out made it entertaining to watch unravel. I really think a second season may be a mistake unless they just do a completely new story with new characters and everything and only keep the themes and homages. I think the story couldve been a lot more interesting if they added less steven king homage and more lovecraft. Could've made for a deeper story and mightve made a second season more warranted.

but those are just my initial reactions. 7/10 blogpost over.

>rubber suit for it

meant for the monster.

I'm not gonna read all of that, I just wanted you to know ;)

Daily reminder that if you liked Stranger Things that means you're an uneducated pleb and your whole existence is meaningless.Enjoy your mediocre TV shows and ''intense'' video games ignoramus scums.

y-you too :^)

lad...

Also just finished a few minutes ago.

Biggest suspension-of-disbelief shatterer was the government not killing the police chief. They shot a clueless diner owner in cold blood and tried to ridiculously half-ass it off as a suicide, but then when they catch the guy who has literally seen the portal to the other world, they let him go free immediately? They don't even question him?
As a Trek fan it also felt a bit strange that nobody even vaguely referenced the morality of what they were doing. The 'monster' appeared to be a normal predatory animal like many here on Earth whose habitat they intruded on, but everyone was perfectly happen to hunt it down, maim it, and kill it without seeking an alternate solution like patching the spacetime rips or even finding it some natural food source from its own dimension.

Solid child acting, could have shaved 1-2 episodes off the story, Mike is best Strangerfu

> T-that's ok guys! I'm totally not a pedophile

Can you post a link?

Bump

This. Except I think it's a 6. Tops.

Only the pilot was good though.

I got six eps in and can't bring myself to finish it.

I think you're underestimating how common wigs are in big-budget stuff
Case in point: Daenerys in GoT wears a wig 24/7

>They shot a clueless diner owner in cold blood and tried to ridiculously half-ass it off as a suicide, but then when they catch the guy who has literally seen the portal to the other world, they let him go free immediately?
You answered your own question. Staging one unconvincing suicide in a small town was enough, if they'd killed the chief of police there'd be no plausible way to prevent a full scale investigation. And by the point Hopper was heavily involved with them, they were trying already at the scrambling point to find El and set their operations straight, without drawing any more unnecessary attention.

Not to mention 99% of viewers would've been royally pissed if Hopper got whacked. The Duffers explained that the diner owner's purpose was to keep the audience uncertain about the survival of every character for the rest of the season. I'm kinda glad they didn't go overboard with killing them off, except Barb of course.

it has a little girl as the main character, what do you think the reaction was ?

periscope.tv/jackgrazer4ya/1OyKAvzrWBDGb?

It's the most iconic kino I've seen in a long time. Poor Jaeden though

Since you seem to be knowledgeable about behind-the-scenes stuff, a question - was Barb implied to have romantic feelings for Nancy? Her concern over the whole party situation seemed massively inordinate unless it involved something like that, but we obviously never got to hear anything from her later on in the show

maybe chad, user is jealous

I'm not that knowledgeable with the BTS, I just have an autistic memory that remembers random useless information from interviews and shit. I don't think Barb was lezzo, she was just depressed at losing her friend to a different clique and becoming a loner.

WHAT IS SHE 45 YEARS OLD?!