Has The sopranos been surpassed yet?

Has The sopranos been surpassed yet?

No

Fargo surpasses Sopranos

get the fuck out of here

Sopranos doesn't hold up

It's a tough fact to come to terms with but it remains the truth

Breaking Bad, True Defective, Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul and the list goes on.

What about it doesn't hold up?

>le ironic shitpost

1/10 made me respond

No.

Lol I bet you're a cuck for the wire too

The Soprano's never surpassed The Wire.

Especially with that shitty meme ending.

I dunno I've been watching it (at season 3 thus far) and there's too much family shit over mafia shit. It's dadcore as fuck.

No

In terms of obnoxious product placements?

Probably not

I had capicola this weekend, so no.

Twin Peaks 3 will surpass everything ever made.

No because HBO only makes GoT now and cancels everything else to free up the budget for me cgi dragons.

Nope, never will.

There are always cucks for the wire in these thread

I missed out on Sopranos back when and only recently started watching it for the first time.
In all honesty I didn't think it was that great.

The last episode I saw was the one where he goes to look at colleges with Meadow and strangles a man, that episode everyone keeps praising as one of the all time highs of TV shows

It was just ok, I really didn't see it as anything special

Makes me sad I missed the window I guess, maybe it was really great back in it's day with pioneering that style of television drama and whatnot, but seeing it now for the first time it just didn't click it all

The Sopranos had more psychological depth and concentrated on the human elements of their characters more closely. It will stand the test of time far better than The Wire.

But The Wire has an entire meme final season.

What are your favorite shows?

The Wire

Huh, that's not the answer I expected.

I don't really know why you didn't find Sopranos to be of the same level of quality as The Wire. I too watched it for the first time around 2011-2012 or something and thought it was amazing.

Do you enjoy being one of the mindless members of Sup Forums that sees whats going on but doesn't understand anything?

>all these responses
>not a single fucking person mentions Deadwood
Holy fuck I always thought you cunts had shit taste, but I'm legitimately blown away. Your shitty meme shows don't even come close to the greatest work of art in human history.

There ain't nothing wrong about being a cuck bro. Different strokes for different folks

Deadwood just isn't good at all

It's just the only cowboy tv show so people who really like wild west stuff latch onto it and pretend it's amazing

Shit camera but I went to deadwood and really appreciated the show 10x more

Sopranos, along with The Wire and Breaking Bad, are the three most overrated shows in the history of television.

Wild Bill

>wahhhh I couldn't have Deadwood on in the background while I played on my phone or browsed Facebook without failing to understand what was going on
Sorry that you didn't have the attention span to appreciate it, faggot. Also, Deadwood was hardly a fucking cowboy show, which proves you never watched more than part of an episode.

Great arguments dude.

Name a single show better than The Sopranos. Just one.

It's ok to admit you only like a thing because there is no substitute that's actually good and might fill the void

There is no other Wild West television so this is all you got, I'm legit sorry for you

But there is really no need to try and trick other people into watching, anyone who likes the wild west like you do has already seen it and anyone who doesn't sees it as the garbage it is

What kind of bizarre projecting do you have to do to assume that there was some yearning for "Wild West" shows that can be the only explanation for why people like Deadwood. The complete retardation and insanity in your "argument" confirms that you're too brain dead to even understand the dialogue. Please go back to watching Entourage.

>getting this defensive about your favorite shitty tv show
>but muh colts and saloons

>what is carnivale
>what is hell on wheels

Your dago loving faggotry is showing.

acccccuuuuuurrrraaaattttee

>>what is carnivale
canceled after two seasons

>>what is hell on wheels
comically bad

>and there's too much family shit over mafia shit. It's dadcore as fuck.

That doesn't make any sense. If it concentrated on the mafia shit more THAT would make it dadcore. Dads don't give a shit about family drama.

No, but the Wire comes very close. Mad Men rounds out the holy Trinity, but in a distant 3rd place because of its week 5th season

let me check

no, not yet.

I feel like Sopranos is the only show that gets better with every season. Season 6 was the pinnacle of television.

graveys good tonight

yea thanks

nigga what

the 5th season is probably its best

What career was Tony in again?

Waste management

You won't get an answer, because an answer to this doesn't exist. The Sopranos will still hold up 1000 years from now. It's subject matter and quality is simply timeless. It's the greatest piece of art the USA and possibly the entire American Hemisphere ever produced.

I recently started it for the first time too, though I'm almost done with S2. I don't think you can write it off after only five episodes. I'm not exactly sure when it happened, but at some point during season 2, I realized I was really becoming invested in some of these characters and started noticing these little genius callbacks that made me appreciate the writing that much more. I wasn't 100% convinced even after "College," but I'm fucking hooked now. The main reason I wish I watched it back when is I'm always trying to talk about it to people like it's the new watercooler show, and everyone I know who's seen it saw it ten years ago.

Anyway, just keep watching it. The show is really in the upper echelon, and aside from A.J. playing Dreamcast and the occasional random early-aughts pop song or reference to pagers, it doesn't seem dated at all.