/daily/ - Hot Bird Men Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously on /misogyny/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/the-gerogerigegege/燃えない腹/
youtube.com/watch?v=j3KlQNWxtsA
tastymorsels.org/o/
valgeir.bandcamp.com/album/dissonance-2
woundedknife.bandcamp.com/album/ikki-ni
1080pcollection.bandcamp.com/album/the-colours-of-life
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/la-petite-bande-sigiswald-kuijken/matthaus-passion/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/amon-duul-ii/yeti/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/amm/ammmusic_1966/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/silvia_ocougne_chico_mello/musica_brasileira_de_s_composta/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/joshua_pierce/sonatas_and_interludes_for_prepared_piano/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/christoph_de_babalon/if_youre_into_it__im_out_of_it/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/karlheinz_stockhausen/elektronische_musik__etude__studie_i__studie_ii__gesang_der_junglinge__kontakte_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/flux_quartet/feldman_edition_6__string_quartet_no__2_f1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/quatuor-arditti-aldo-brizzi-michiko-hirayama-maurizio-ben-omar-frank-lloyd/les-cinq-quatuors-a-cordes-trio-a-cordes-khoom/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/julius-eastman/unjust-malaise/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/this_heat/this_heat/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hoahio/ohayo__hoahio_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/taku-unami-takahiro-kawaguchi/teatro-assente/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mimeo/lifting_concrete_lightly/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/박민희/쓸쓸쓸/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lucio-capece-julia-eckhardt-christian-kesten-radu-malfatti-toshimaru-nakamura-taku-sugimoto/wedding-ceremony/
rateyourmusic.com/~Accelerando_
mega.nz/#!hJJUVLYQ!pi1bo9q-3IijdnB-VZ_Uy6nijRGeOJzFpms5RkfdzW4
mega.nz/#!dZl1CSgS!6HOvl-18_iu0AG6Md-XZrGSu38qyCqPBg6_Ib4zuNtg
rbt.asia/mu/thread/73435008/#73442580
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

tfw I can't fucken delete my thread

don't this one's better

exactly that's why i want to delete mine

That's why you do it right away when you get beat you dolt

I tried to but I just get redirected to sys.Sup Forums.org/mu/imgboard.php

fuckers

New thread

what the fuck

Still calling ImposterTuco

People here are retarded enough to actually fall for this >:|

Can I take over for Tuco

If tuco doesn't answer at the end of round 2, sure

>anons actually believe is me and I'm shilling my own thread but still I'm posting in this

finally I managed to remove it elmao

You should actually let Letov take it instead, it's only fair

That's true, like a walkover in tennis

Hmmmmm
We'll see how I feel later

Haha wtf??? Rodtarded

still calling lamb, baka...... tourney!
please dont make me give this spot to s or jim

>fairness in a tourney
lol!

please i don't want to suffer anymore

again, this is very good

@noveltycondom my rec is mission of burma - vs i hope thats right

what if i told you i don't have eyes
bet you feel real stupid right about now

not doing my wall of shit. for any opinions, ask.

and onto this

what happnd to the chart w october language

o yeah.
i'll just listen to that on my own in a while. ask for thoughts in a week or two.

oKn :)

also
>lovless
really makes me think

yea i really only started liking the sound of shoegaze recently, so i figured it was time to give it another shot.

its pretty good 10/10

holla if u want thoughts

raging bull is surprisingly depressing

how was big cock salesman

I really dug the grueling and pained vocals, as it caused the album to have a "sludgier" feel to it. Hell, the emotional delivery in general was quite effective.

My only gripe is one that I have with alot of Gero projects. I find the constant stops, count-offs, and starts to be very frustrating to listen to. I prefer my noise albums to have consistent pacing, and Gero's insistence on a choppy metric is the antithesis to that.

PS: This is why my favorite Gero albums are Hell Driver, Instruments Disorder, and Moenai Hai

hell driver is a good contender for best album ever, so you're not far off.
i like it on some albums, yellow trash bazooka specifically, but it's kinda hard to give feedback on gero albums in general.

listen to jagatara soon if you have a single groovy bone in your body

Do it, I have a spicy meme album for you

It's forgivable in Yellow Trash because it's done for comedic effect.

>it's kinda hard to give feedback on gero albums in general

They wouldn't want to have it any other way.

see my review of this:
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/the-gerogerigegege/燃えない腹/

When I saw the disco tag I was hoping he had made a disco album

some day...

what the fuckk

sen nuds

send nugs

how about i win automatically

>fish is dead
>hasn't rated much on RYM lately
who is going to take over? These threads are dying without him

mixtape tourney

round one restrictions
you have to make me a mixtape, roughly 30 minutes in length, with its own album art and everything. no theme restrictions. must provide dl link

daily made it before him and it will make it whether he continues posting or not

TOURNEY RESULTS:

================================

LETOV
>Kazma Kazma - Dances of Trobadours
>Experimental + Art Rock, Post Punk

Not going to pretend I know all the subtleties of this album, but I liked the orchestral components of this, things like the flute and bassoon reminded me of something you'd hear in older cartoon Hanna-barbera cartoons. The vocal delivery isn't exactly punk, vibrato and all.

I can't ignore the recording quality of this for 1991 in Ukraine (or Russia?). Many would say it adds to the album's vibe, but I think it really takes away from lots of moments in here, considering how driving the drums and nguitar can be at points like the 5th and 3rd track.

6/10

LAMB
>Eldrige Skell's The Rude Staircase - Sookie Jump
>Experimental Rock/Progressive Pop

A sort of recently released Experimental rock album.

Variations on a Theme opens up with an entourage of guitars, soprano female voices, and a depraved lead singer that sounds like a mix between Alt-J and Fun.'s leads. A Gaggle of Swans follows with the band delivering the track's hook as a chorus to fiddles and post-rock guitars.

In the Silo sounds like its title, delivering a country-style tune, Trumpet and mandolin included. Houses Are Burning induces panic with distortion and a dissonant piano in its opening, and Cranes... well, it was too drawn out for my enjoyment. Here Come The Red Teeth brings it back a bit with a triumphant fanfare, but cuts out way to early for the next track.

We Had Our Work Cut Out For Us is the most modern sounding track on here, doing the huge stadium voice that radio-friendly rock groups do before falling back into its hurried chorus. Telephone, Telephome could be the theme for some animated movie villain, and the final two tracks exit with a bouncy (if irritated) curtain call.

I found it difficult to make out the lyrics, because of how much this album loves to layer a single person's vocal harmonies. I can't help comparing this to Zappa, because it can feel like his music distilled at some points. The more modern production touches-- using noise and subtle electronics amongst the ensemble-- are welcome, and ensured that I would enjoy this upon relistens.

6.5/10

UNNAMED TRIP
>Hong Chulki, Jin Sangtae & Kevin Parks - Sound And Shadow
>EAI

If GM,GN is a glass of water, this is album is the contents of its album cover boiled in a pot.

High frequencies aside, this album takes grainy loops much like Aaron Dilloway. Track 1, At first, it sounds like standard noise affair-- but what's unnerving about these loops is that many of them begin to take on human qualities WHILE listening to them unravel. What sounds like a glitch at first turns into increasingly panicked screeches, and calls for help. This is, at the same time, the way melodies begin to unfold amongst the active collaboration of the three artists.

Track 2 opens with quiet pops, a clear sound of human interaction with some mechanism, before a shriek transitions into the main meat of the piece. Rolls and objects dropped on an untightened snare, short bursts of an audio jack being removed, a camera's zoom amplified by a hundred. Samples from various sources make quarter second appearances by the end.

Track 3 utilizes drones more than noise, trading pitches between venues of sound. The guitar takes on a post-rock persona; this apocalyptic type of atmosphere is very easy to romanticize, but the fact that this is EAI makes it feel more like directly after the cataclysm.

Track 4 is a shorter 6 minute piece, that sounds more like someone at work within their house; probably the weakest track. Track 5 has a repeating hi-frequency whine behind more guitar, morphing into heavier feedback before relenting into a very subdued ending.

It doesn't feel like each musician is doing their own thing and ignoring the others. Each member actively listens to the other before introducing a new sound, or take a single loud burst as a sign to come in or drop out all at once.

I think what's best about these types of albums is when it reaches really strong parts. Your eyes involuntarily close, drowsiness hits you like a wave, and you're only pulled further in.

7.5/10

ETHYBOY
>Exuma - Exuma
>Caribbean Freak Folk

goddamn this album starts strong, great way to make a good impression. Exuma proclaims his entrance, in festival and grandeur, in a way that I can't help but describe as "That was fuckin cool". This emotion carries for most of the album.

Dambala then introduces me to Exuma's normal singing voice-- still deep, still gritty, almost mystical, and beginning to establish the album's noteworthy religious themes. Mama Loi, Papa Loi has a fantastic Gospel overtone, and Junkanoo follows with an instrumental south american parade through tightly winding paths of the city.

I think the first two tracks of the B-side, while partially removing the listener out of the wild atmosphere of the first tracks, still work as a slower interlude-- Seance in the Sixth Fret has some really strong monologues. I get the image of Exuma pushing himself as a martyr, amongst the shacks and ghettos still present in the Caribbean.

The Vision uses more familiar melodies and sounds to close the album with Exuma's departure. A fantastic and memorable closer to a compelling, occasionally concerning album.

8/10

reserved, cooking it up now

And that's that

============

EthyBoy takes first. You win a 25 album drone!

Unnamed Trip takes second. You win a 16 album drone!

Lamb takes third. You win a 10 album drone!

Letov takes 4th! I guess I could do 5 album drone but idk im not very good at reviewing foreign shit, fuck me

Reply with reccs if you want, or I'll be taking higher rated stuff from your pages. Unless you're unnamed trip, idk dude but you had the most consistent reccs man

Also dumping backlog

>Joseph Bastardo - deCordova

Minimal Synth done by Richard D James with hints of Plantasia, and another case where the album art perfectly fits the sound of the album. Microscopic sounds and that warm fuzzy feeling you get when playing a Gameboy-- the remixes dwell on different grounds, but all relate to the theme of broken melodies.

>Dialect - Advanced Myth

A bit more post-internet than his sophomore album, starting with a recognizable sample (DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS) before bright spinning synth arpeggios. A shamisan solo(?) follows, while a growing drone and samples of a city and human life follow.

This album is much brighter than Gowanus Drifts, but just as varied and flowing in mood and sound design, a fresh take on New Age. And Chroma is a really nice track.

youtube.com/watch?v=j3KlQNWxtsA
tastymorsels.org/o/

>Elian Radigue Adnos I-III

Three hours of a coma in audio form.

>Rocketship - A Certain Smile, A Certain Sadness

Fucking comfy ass twee pop. The organ could use a turning down though, kinda irritating.
Last song hit close to home.

>Meredith Monk - Do You Be

Above the minimal piano and organs, Monk's voice is singular, unchanged, and bizarrely human. Of course it sounds silly at first, but Monk is be dead serious in channeling some extradimensional being, skipping across planes of existence.

Lots of these piano parts remind me of OPN Replica's title track. The melancholy and surreal combination makes this like Laurie Anderson gone mad.

>Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - Visiting the World

-CAPTAIN
-IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHS
-I CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING
-MY HAND MOVES THROUGH MY ARM
-IT HURTS VERY MUCH
-I DON'T THINK I'M QUITE REAL
-BUT IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL UP HERE

>Bowery Electric - Lushlife

am i dreaming yet

image is way too fuckin big so titles are cut off

>Chrisopher Willits - Folding, and the Tea

Homemade chicken soup and black tea, while light rain taps the window pane. Does go on a bit longer than you'd like, and the soup gets kinda cold and the comfy blanket you have is making you sweat, but still good.

>Valgeir Sigurosson - DISSONANCE

Dark Modern Classical, without being too hokey. Very full sounding, the strings slide by like butter, so much that I didn't even realize the first track was dissonant until halfway in.

valgeir.bandcamp.com/album/dissonance-2
>Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Ka 'Ano'i

Hawaiian covers of songs outside of Hawaii, by bruddah IZ. He sounds a little strange on the happier tunes, but I'm instantly taken back when I hear songs like Kainoa. No Ukulele is better played than one in the hands of a Hawaiian.

>Monte Burrows - Ikki Ni

Burrows manipulates saccharine string sections by reflecting them through madhouse mirrors in the first track, while the second track is more of a field recording with strings played backwards, I believe? It was just ok.

woundedknife.bandcamp.com/album/ikki-ni

>Casiotone For the Painfully Alone - Etiquette

These lyrics drip with hurt, sometimes the silly teenage kind, sometimes a very tangible kind. They're covered with quaint and toy-like electronics, in a bittersweet package.

>Oren Ambarchi - The Pendulum's Embrace

Obviously focused on a meditative experience, with ear-filling tones allowed to ring.

>$unship - Is This Real

You can smell the origins of footwork in 2-step like this. The mix is very smooth, but once again drudged down by the silly samples. If you like Moodymann, maybe try give this a spin.

>CFCF - The Colours of Life

A lot like Tycho or Torn Hawk, but with a gooey synth and a Kenny G sax. Not really engrossing or amazing, just soft background music that flows nicely.

1080pcollection.bandcamp.com/album/the-colours-of-life

>there's a genre called "yass" under the avant-garde jazz subgenre list
>kek at the name
>listen to 1# album on the yass chart

What the fuck this is amazing

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/la-petite-bande-sigiswald-kuijken/matthaus-passion/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/amon-duul-ii/yeti/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/amm/ammmusic_1966/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/silvia_ocougne_chico_mello/musica_brasileira_de_s_composta/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/joshua_pierce/sonatas_and_interludes_for_prepared_piano/ - i prefer this recording but the Maro Ajemian one is also good
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/christoph_de_babalon/if_youre_into_it__im_out_of_it/
rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/karlheinz_stockhausen/elektronische_musik__etude__studie_i__studie_ii__gesang_der_junglinge__kontakte_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/flux_quartet/feldman_edition_6__string_quartet_no__2_f1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/quatuor-arditti-aldo-brizzi-michiko-hirayama-maurizio-ben-omar-frank-lloyd/les-cinq-quatuors-a-cordes-trio-a-cordes-khoom/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/julius-eastman/unjust-malaise/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/this_heat/this_heat/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hoahio/ohayo__hoahio_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/taku-unami-takahiro-kawaguchi/teatro-assente/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/mimeo/lifting_concrete_lightly/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/박민희/쓸쓸쓸/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/lucio-capece-julia-eckhardt-christian-kesten-radu-malfatti-toshimaru-nakamura-taku-sugimoto/wedding-ceremony/

Would you say it slays?

Yes, it snatched my wig off

I already reccd you a while back but ok
Swans - Soundtracks for the Blind

>tfw user that only took a trip for the tourney was secretly the most patrician

You have an rym? Wouldn't mind seeing more of your taste if you do

rateyourmusic.com/~Accelerando_

>me while watching on the silver globe

hmm, I do sorta have one made already but it's over an hour.
I'll see what I can come up wih.

i can't come up with anything

In.

and here we go
i just boiled down a few bits and pieces from my comfycore chart and a chillout playlist i made a few years ago into 29:51 minutes

suck it
mega.nz/#!hJJUVLYQ!pi1bo9q-3IijdnB-VZ_Uy6nijRGeOJzFpms5RkfdzW4

IN

lemme reserve a spot on there my niBBa

am in i guess
hope you like bm

Oh bb
Innit

get me that last spot bitch

>who is going to take over? These threads are dying without him
lol what
i do hope the threads keep dying though

is this the tourney i lost because you couldn't stop thinking of lmfao's shots while listening to colonized

One of my favs and predecessor of the future IDJ genre is Yass

mega.nz/#!dZl1CSgS!6HOvl-18_iu0AG6Md-XZrGSu38qyCqPBg6_Ib4zuNtg

note this is not me taking up a spot

Oh my god, I am the winner.

You might get better results if you pick your own from my page. Anything 4.0 and up is great. ~echandl2

full?
not?

Great review of a great album

congrats Ethy!

I don't know why but whenever an album is imported as unknown then the default artwork of every track is the front cover of a Schopenhauer book.
I find it some how soothing.

Was a really nice and thorough review too.

Thanky

oh shit lol sorry in that case

Time for round 2 to start

wtf rude

rbt.asia/mu/thread/73435008/#73442580
Do it right.

Mad cunt!

Haha it me.

hmm

wtf rude

That's not demon. Where's the real sdc?

Shoegaze is good.

Just got back from Roskilde, was really nice. Mats Gustafsson (who deconstructed a Zappa piece for an orchestra, really interesting) and Jenny Hval were highlight, also really liked Den Sorte Skole, which I didn't knew before.
How've you all been?

I have a lot of different mango pics.

No I don't.

Sure I do.

I don't.

Get you some then baka.

I don't type like this.

nervvves for biggest penis desu

Sux 2 b u innit.

ur mum sux kid lol xDXDDDDD