What is the worst episode of Friends?

What is the worst episode of Friends?

All of 'em.

The One with Joey's Interview maybe? It's pretty dull

Is that the one where he needs a piss

They had a couple of these weird episodes where like half of it were montage scenes from previous episodes. Got no idea why people in 90s tolerated that and also using same actor to play different character unironically, but it was common even for popular shows

Was there ever a good Phoebe-centric episode?

I really hated the one where Joey was trying to learn French. Cringeworthily unfunny.

FPBP

Almost every episode with Emily

She made my dick hard.

The one at the tropical hotel during the rainstorm.

That black chick was annoying, and Joey and Rachel was a mistake.

This I hate all those episodes that are just Flashbacks compilation like the one with the Wedding promises and others

Are we including clip reel episodes in this?

This.

Joey was never meant to be an outright retard, just not booksmart and a bit dumb.

Early phoebe was top tier qt

The one that starts with the one

But all the characters have this except maybe Chandler. Phoebe was a bit kooky and turned into an outright weirdo. Joey was a pretty boy who didn't have much in the brains department who became literally retarded. Monica was a normal girl who had a bit of her mom's characteristics in controlling and cleaning and turned into a literal SS Officer her own husband was afraid of. Rachel kind of had no character in the first season so really just became more interesting. Ross was just the grounded scientist guy going through relationship troubles and became the guy who got stuck in leather pants and covered in talc and lotion on a date.

That being said, by the last season Ross carried most of the comedy. Schwimmer was the only one could act.

The Danny devito episode or some shit

The Holiday Armadillo one

Exactly what I was gonna say.

The one where she tries to seduce Chandler to prove him and Monica are hooking up.

any episode where phoebes dipshit beliefs are validated. the episode where she makes ross apologize for getting mad about her stealing that little kids cat made me REEE so fucking hard

>"but they don't know that we know that they know that we know"

absolute classic desu

One of the best.

I'm trying to marathon friends cause I missed this ''''''''cultural icon'''''''''' of my generation

I'm upto the episode, like 5 or 6 in, and there's a fucking monkey pet introduced

How fucking terrible was the show doing that they jumped the shark that fast?

The monkey thing is just inexplicable. They do get rid of it but not without a farewell two-parter.

Eventually they lampshade it by having Ross say "Remember when I had a pet monkey? What was I thinking?"

brave

First season is really weak, people usually say that Friends got worse around season 8, but to me first one was always the worst

The one where the taxi breaks down? Whatever episode smelly cat is in? The one where her brother comes to stay?

>Woah ... big octopus.

That one when Phoebe was being a ditz and Rachel was a whore.

its hard to get through

its been barely funny, but i want to understand this show because everones seen it and its light watching

i know people who are literally obsessed with Friends, theyll quote this shit like its seinfeld

this aint no seinfeld...

When she was trying to seduce Chandler to get him to admit he was dating monica.

The Monkey was due to the show being fledgling and the execs wanting to shove in something to boost ratings

>ywn spoon Monica to sleep, then hug and roll her away so you can sneak into Rachel’s room and worship her feet all night while professing your undying love for her and giving her all your hard earned money whilst Monica pretends not to hear through the wall and acts like she believes you when you say you would never hurt her.

is it me or Chandler become really dull after he start dating Monica?

Not counting clip episodes
(paraphrasing titles)
The one where Joey learns French
or
The one with Monica's thunder

first one is just annoying seeing Joey turned into a literal retarded person
first one is the s7 opener, after s6 had a great ending this suddenly has Monica being the absolute biggest fucking cunt, and just a weak episode in general (season 7 is also probably the weakest season, maybe season 8)

The Joey/Rachel stuff also went on for a bit too long without really working, but I couldn't pinpoint an exact episode for that

The one where Joeys rent falls through and he starts auditioning for loads of acting roles with only eleven dollars to his name.
Watching LeBlanc grow increasingly dishevelled was just uncomfortable but the ending seemed especially meanspirited when he crossed the road to get a hot dinner but was hit by Monica in her new car

spot on. His best episode was when he was dating the theatre chic or that time he got locked up with a super model.

After that he just became a sex craving sub to monica.

Is that hot dinner story even a real event that got turned into a meme or just some bullshit Sup Forums came up with?

Must've been one helluva dinner if it cost the same as a new car

It's "real"

It's some reddit tier shit probably untrue fact that through repetition and distortion has become quite a meme

People will say yes but not really. He's basically the same character before and after, the only difference is that instead of random girl/janice/random girl/janice, it's just monica. If anything it's just the quality of writing that you liked less.

>but I couldn't pinpoint an exact episode for that
The worst in my opinion is the one where they keep trying to hook up but Rachel is hitting him.

>The one where Joey learns French

That episode is fucking hilarious though, Phoebe telling the director that Joey is her retarded brother is great

>Janice
best side character

Ooh, yeah, that's definitely a bad one

This was horrible. I liked the Joey/Rachel relationship at the start

Best side characters

Gunther > Mike > David > Eddy > Janice

Ross > Chandler > Joey > the bitches

this is fact, not opinion

>except maybe Chandler
He used to be just the snarky one, but as the series went on they sort of pushed a "More feminine than his wife" angle which was a bit odd.
I kind of liked that one.

We can all agree Bruce Willis was the best celebrity character, right?

Yeah, going from a stereotypical male enjoying sports and beer and boobs to the girly thing they pushed on him felt very forced

Early Chandler/Late Ross>Early Ross/Late Chandler>Early Joey>Monica>Rachel>Late Joey>Phoebe

I might place Early Ross (when he's still just mostly a sadsack tfwnofg beta) a bit lower and early/mid Monica a bit higher, but other than that, spot on my friend

>and the execs wanting to shove in something to boost ratings

and that was a monkey?

It was the 90s, user.
It was a different time.

Joey and Rachel shit was so forced. Why did they did that anyway? Just to create additional drama?

/thread. The chicken and the duck were alright.