What were some of the worst executive mismanagements in television and movie history?

What were some of the worst executive mismanagements in television and movie history?

Other urls found in this thread:

theonion.com/article/sliders-ended-two-seasons-too-early-if-you-ask-me--17765
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One that springs to mind is the show It's Your Move from back in the mid '80s starring Jason Bateman. His character was a smartass and the adults around him were portrayed as pretty much simpletons. Then, for whatever reason, the adults became "enlightened" to his shenanigans and it kinda fell apart from there. The whole premise for this show was to see the kid outwit the adults.

What went wrong with Sliders exactly? I remember watching some on and off and seemed the same poor quality throughout.

Their cast changed more frequently then a line at a Starbucks for one

Anything Sony has done in the last 12 years

theonion.com/article/sliders-ended-two-seasons-too-early-if-you-ask-me--17765

Did they ever manage to go back to their original dimension?
I watched this every day after school but can't remember much of it.

>Did they ever manage to go back to their original dimension?
Pretty sure only one of the original cast survived the whole series, and I may even be wrong on that. So no.

>staring confusedly at a camera in the studio hallway outside their dressing rooms counts as a promo image
Fucking 90s man

The nigger was the only original cast member left and the series ended on a cliffhanger with him making it back to the original Earth.

No your right. Every single one died except Rembrandt the lounge singer. Yes they made it back multiple times. It was taken over by the cromags iirc

They made it back for one episode but interdimensional creatures had taken over the place.

Also most of the original cast died or got lost, crying man went on a suicide mission in the final moments of the series.

>"peaceful" ayylmaos come to Earth to magically fix all its problems
>only one brave redpilled cop dares not trust their intergalactic marxism
This show had so much potential but the production became a clusterfuck after the first season and it went off the rails.

They decided coming up with gimmicky new worlds every week was too much work so they decided to focus on some godawfully dull plot of a recurring villain species called "kromaggs" taking control of the multiverse. And of course the kromaggs were nazis. Things got so bad Jerry O'Connell left the show near the end and they replaced the main character with a different actor but called him the same person. They halfassed some plot about how he merged with his brother and that's why he looked different, or something. I forget, it was so stupid.

Man, Sliders makes me sad. Shit had so much potential.

Even the nerd was believable. The picture of him as a kid was great.

Wasn't it actually his brother? The actor, I mean.

first couple of episodes of sliders were great cant remember what happened or why I stopped watching.

I think it was also a chick for some reason

I remember this show ending prematurely on a cliffhanger. Also the little girl in the show died of cancer IRL i think.

SG:U
first for making it shitty
then for killing it off as it was becoming less shitty 2nd half of season 2

I fucking loved this shitty show, those native earth 2er's popping up out of the ground like magic native american molemen and the crippled guy was all psychic with them and sheeet.

>The latest example
Show took a nosedive after season 2 and they even managed to turn best waifu to worst girl.
This is what happens when writers panders too much to olicity.
Not even Smallville was this bad

>Sliders
Wasn't that the exact same premise as Quantum Leap?

Not to mention Tim motherfucking curry

No
Quantum leap is a guy leaping back into time into others bodies and fixing shit
Sliders was about a professor who made a device that opens wormholes to other universes. They can't figure out how to get home they go from alternate dimension to alternate dimension
Or at least that is what it was until it switched to some dumb interdimensional nazi war

yeah but they're both 'oh no how will we ever get hooooome~' shows featuring similar but slightly different Earths and a dimension-jumping mechanic

Quantum leap had nothing to do with dimensions it's literally time travel on one single earth though
The whole how do we get home thing is very similir yes

The last incarnation of Sliders had the black dude as the lead.

They did, in the first or second season, they met Quinn's copy again (from episode 1). He said he's almost sure he fixed it for them, and they jumped through. They landed in front of Quinn's house but the timer only gave them one minute before the next jump. He said the small gate to his house was squicking since he was a kid, but it didn't squick. So they got bummed out and jumped.

Then came a repairman out of Quinn's house while talking to Quinn's mother, saying he fixed the gate for her and that he's sorry about her son missing.

I think this jump also doomed their dimension because the Kromagg had a tracker in their device. They invaded and subjugated the world as a result.

Later seasons show Quinn was actually never born on that universe, but was given for adoption by his space traveling real parents, so they started looking for his brother and their true home. I don't really remember if they ever found it. Just that if you do try to slide into their world you get caged in some trap dimension.

Both brothers died though. Quinn merged with some hotheaded moron, and his brother was doomed to forever slide between dimensions. Probably died of thirst, or radiation.

I just like to think Quinn's copy did send them home, that the professor is alive and not that evil version from that world, and that Quinn and Wade married. Poor Rembrandt got shot though while reaching for his licence and registration.

I finally got around to seeing Profit. Good series.

A second season could have gone even darker.

Went downhill when they killed off the professor.

I specifically remember online outcry about a piece of shit producer who turned the series into a monster of the week show.

I would love to see more of this, Tim mofo Curry indeed

The Fox Network wouldn't leave the showrunners alone, first they made them change the season 2 premiere to basically ignore the season 1 finale, then they forced to them change the formula of the show in season 3 to make the show more sexy and action-oriented.

To add insult to injury, they got rid of two main characters. They killed Arturo #2, and then they had Wade get captured aby Kromaggs nd turned into a breeding slave. So apparently she's in a rape camp while the rest of the gang goes on with their wild adventures through the multiverse.

how have they survived so long with such a long history of execs interfering so much with shows productions?

>I specifically remember online outcry about a piece of shit producer who turned the series into a monster of the week show.
>Sliders ran from 1995–2000
>Online outcry
Nice try, Pinoccio. :^)

Parker Lewis Can't Lose got pretty weird after a while, they even just shortened it to Parker Lewis

You'd be surprised. There may not have been social media like today, but there were plenty of nerds on the internet bitching about shit as far back as the eighties

Too young to know about newsgroups

alt.tv.sliders

The rape slave thing was weird as fuck to me as a kid.

Even back then I was thinking that something like that would need to be an absolute game changer like it was in Berserk.

They replaced that qt chick with Kari Wuher which knowing they wanted to make the show sexier makes sense.

you really think people didn't use the Internet in the late 90s?

kek. Fucking kids.

why are kids so fucking dumb

It didn't end on the cliffhanger, it ended, basically with, "and then all the colonists died because they weren't compatible with earth 2, the end."

Yeah but the only people who even knew newsgroups existed were other child molesters so no one gave a shit.

because they aren't getting facefucked enough.

They threw a hissy fit over the showrunners having one episode lead into the next, so they split the first season into two short seasons. Then they kicked out the original showrunners and replaced them with a yes man to turn the show into a dumb action cartoon. The yes man brought in a Baywatch chick who got into fights constantly with Wade's actress and the yes man blamed this all on Wade when talking about it with the network.

1. American Idol
2. The creators of 24 specifically made the show's premise to disallow them from screwing with the episodes.

But Human Target and Sleepy Hollow show they're still going strong on the dumbshit interference angle.

My sister works at a tv production studio and her boss told her that whenever they pitch to Fox, pitch it as "Like this show, only with this one thing changed" as they'll reject everything else.