Explain this to me faggots

Can someone explain to me why every single team gives this faggot literally all the time he ever wants when he needs a hail Mary. Like what's the rationale with dropping back with literally everyone else besides your defensive line and letting their receivers have 10 - 20 seconds of time to either get separation or get to the end zone.

Why don't teams on defense just blitz the shit out of him when he needs a hail Mary and hope he doesn't get it down to a receiver and for that receiver to both catch it and get to the end zone.

Like the first option of trying to play prevent while shitting your pants because it's Aaron "really really likes women" Rodgers on a hail Mary situation clearly isn't working.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YXq8C5sbRzU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Are you a retard OP? Rodgers murders defenses that blitz him. He has one of the most accurate quick releases in the NFL. Plus he is dangerous on the run.

Yes but we're talking about hail Mary situations here. What does it matter if he has accurate quick release or is dangerous on the run when they need +40 yards.

Is it because everyone is confident their secondary is better than all the previous ones to fail and just blindly trust on that secondary to handle it even if Rodgers has over 10 seconds to throw the ball.

>Why don't teams on defense just blitz the shit out of him when he needs a hail Mary and hope he doesn't get it down to a receiver and for that receiver to both catch it and get to the end zone.

Show me footage where this has worked.

Refs let his ol get away with holds every single play

>i dont understand football: the post

If half your secondary is rushing the QB, all he has to do is throw it over them to a wide open receiver and watch him run it in for a TD.

The goal of a hail mary defense is to contain the qb in the pocket (not easy with Rodgers) and have as many men as possible in the end zone to jump up and knock down the pass. Leaving receivers open in the end zone is beyond stupid.

This. You can't tell me that those 7-8 second long plays don't have an o-lineman holding someone back. You can find at least one example on nearly every situation where Rodgers utilizes his ability to "extend the play".

Oh look, a retarded Canadian. You don't see that every day.
Oh look, the sun rose in the east. You don't see that every day.

That last throw to Cook his O line got away with two holds including a choke hold.

It's not that all Canadians post stupid bullshit, but if there's stupid bullshit posted, odds are it was a Canadian who is responsible

Yes I don't understand, that's why I want someone to explain this to me. How come teams blitz at all if it results to wide open receivers and guaranteed tds?

I understand the train of through behind contain qb, get as many defenders downfield as possible. But why couldn't you just do a run at the qb really fast so he doesn't have enough time to throw the ball/his receivers don't have enough time to get open?

The first option doesn't seem to work against Rodgers so why not give something else a go?

It takes a long time for receivers to run 40 yards downfield. There's a reason many teams blitz on third and long.

it doesn't always lead to wide open receivers

the more people you sacrifice to blitz is less people that can defend the pass. With Rodgers you would probably have better luck making sure there is no chance a ball that deep is caught. It's just safer to put people in the back than it is to hope they get through the line. In the back all you really need is an able body and the ability to jump or swat your hands, its just a safer choice

This. This is every fucking game with them. I don't know how they get away with it, but there's no other team that gets away with this shit as much as I see with them.

I think the idea is that most teams send 5 receivers out on a hail Mary, leaving five to block. Send a 6 man pressure and leave five deep in coverage. One rusher should get free and force the QB to throw before the receivers can get to the endzone, and then you have five to make the tackle. I think I saw the Cards try this a few years ago.

Because it doesn't work.

Unleash it

Prescott is white and dez caught the ball

>not understanding quick release

If they're going to go for a full on blitz then rodgers doesn't even need to throw a hail mary in that situation. All he needs to do is find an open receiver (which would be all of them) and just dump it on them. Full blitz is one of the dumbest things you could do in that situation.

When will it stop guys?

Because then this happens:

youtube.com/watch?v=YXq8C5sbRzU

You don't blitz all 11 guys. A quick dumpoff won't work in a hail mary situation.

>Needs to score on this play, at the 50 yard line
>Defense shows full blitz, receivers uncovered
>dumps it off to Cobb at the 30, runs for a touchdown

Do you see now why you're a retard?

This

You're looking at Rodgers completing these long AF passes with time expiring as the rule, not the exception. The vast majority of the time those passes at the end work for shit and the game is over. Normally it's either knocked down or intercepted. Rodgers is like 5/8 on 30+ yard passes with a minute left on the clock, while the rest of the league is 4/44. He's just that good at evading the pass rush, throwing on the run, and deep balls. A lot of it is luck and his receivers just over achieving a la Jeff fucking Janis.

Are you retarded? You can send an overload blitz and still have some guys back to make a tackle.

Yeah that's why I'm not asking why don't teams blitz all teams trying to do hail Mary. I'm specifically asking why don't they try something different against Rodgers as the current strategy clearly isn't working. He has proved time and time again he can do it if given the time.

>hurr durr yesterday was the only game i ever watched but i am expert now
blitzing makes him better you mong

How creative

>One rusher should get free
doesn't help when rodgers throws a TD pass to single coverage while sprinting to the sideline and falling backwards

found the butthurt Eagles/Texans/Seahawks/Bears/Vikings/Lions/Giants/Cowboys fan

You literally saw the Cardinals pressure him. Rodgers threw off his back foot fading away into what was ONLY double coverage of his shit receiver for a TD. It's easier to knock it down than it is to get to Rodgers in time.

but he's right
watch any packers game and there are blatant offensive line holds that are never called every time Aaron has time

I'm assuming that you're not talking about blitzing all 11, because that's just straight up stupid. For the DBs to have any hope of affecting the play, they would need to be lined up in the center of the field, far away from any receivers lined up wide, which would make it obvious what they were doing and Rodgers would just throw a quick release to a wide open man with nobody between him and the endzone.

Actual, real-world blitzing leaves DBs in single coverage, which is fine against most QBs. It's even fine against Rodgers, as long as you have four or five shutdown corners. But since no team in history has had that kind of secondary, and especially with the protection that Rodgers gets from his line and double-especially with the escapability that he has (see ), dropping seven or eight into coverage is a much higher percentage play.

Most Hail Mary packages also have optional protection built into them in case of blitz anyway. The reason Richard Rodgers was the last one to the endzone in Detroit was because he hung back for a second in case of a blitz. Montgomery stayed in protection the whole play last week against the Giants' four-man rush, meaning that the Packers over-committed on protection; there were only 4 receivers in the endzone to make a play, vs the 7 defenders.

Contrary to what some people tell you, Rodgers hasn't "perfected" the Hail Mary. He threw one against the Titans this year which was intercepted. It's just that he throws it so much higher than any other QB, opponents have a really hard time estimating where it's going to land.

did you not watch last years divisional round where cardinals rushed him and he had to run for his life and got hit right after throwing it? And still completed it.

or maybe don't rush 3 and complain you didn't get a sack. Didn't even hold you sore losers.

thinking a team is going to have some trick play to stop a play that has no chance of happening that they literally call it a hail marry. since he's just going to run to the left/right because no one can tackle him it would be better to have that other guy in the endzone to knock it down.

so far in the playoffs the packers oline hasn't been called for a holding penalty once (ONE FUCKING TIME)
how often does it happen that a team with a meddling oline going up against top opponents with their qb holding on to the ball for 7-8 seconds several times a game doesn't commit a holding penalty for two straight games?

>I don't know what a hold is but saying it makes me feel better.
the post

well at least you admit you don't know what you're talking about.
refrain from posting then

>I'm a fudge packer fan so I'm gonna look the other way

this meatball chef has no idea what a hold is

not an argument

Blitzing him was the right call. The 2 DBs fucked up in coverage that's what happened.

If the team sends an all out blitz and sends pressure from the outside from corners then Arod has no chance to complete a "hail mary".

That's what Dallas should have done. Instead they fucked up

show me the holds during the play then. i dont need an argument proving there WEREN'T holds, im not the one making the claim

He's right though. Most folks complaining about "obvious" missed calls just don't understand the rules.

Oh we know what the ""rules'''' are for when you play the Packshits

I'm not even talking about the Packers; this happens in every game thread after every play.