Sup Forums's thoughts on veganism?

Sup Forums's thoughts on veganism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1627S.full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doesnt bother me, aslong as it isnt hurting ayone who gives a fuck?

99% of people here dont know what it means

user you are supposed to Call OP auf faggot.

Vegans are normally weak ,lanky streaks of piss who think they soooo good for not eating cheese

More cheese for me and a quicker death for vegans, 10/10.

i think it's a pointless existence. Our bodies weren't designed for exclusively plant based diets. If they were, our teeth would be much different than they are. More molars, no canines, and much thicker enamel.

I wonder why cats don't have molars, well atleast like 2 in the back because my cat struggles to eat her food because canine teeth are made for ripping and shredding not chewing

Good. I'm a vegan. I have some issues with the community but mostly they're pretty cool too.

I have nothing to say about the matter.

You're confusing strength with obesity. Vegans are much less likely to be obese, but are generally equally strong. A fair few strength world records have been set by Patrik Baboumian - a vegan.

Our bodies weren't designed at all, and appeals to nature are just hippie bullshit.

Dont mind it. I just hate the vegans who act all pretentious and are total assholes just cause they dont eat meat

Not saying they don't exist. They do, and I've had the displeasure of meeting a couple, but how do you feel about the opposite? I've known many more pretentious meat eaters retelling 10-year-old maddox jokes.
They'll probably even show up itt

If opposite, you mean people who eat meat and despise vegans?
Well same thing, I think they're total asshats for that.

fair enough you seem like a pretty cool guy

Look at this delicious bacon cheeseburger I had the other day.

Spoiler: it's vegan

Yeah, doesnt matter what your preference in food.
It doesnt mean you're superior than anyone else just because you eat this and not that or whatever.
Thanks! Same goes to you user!

burger looks dry, cheese looks like painted cardboard, patty looks like a giant prune with oil

>0 to jel in 0.4 seconds
wew

Yea.... It looks unappetizingly vegan.....

it's alright, I wish some vegans would be a little less preachy though

it´s the right thing to do taking all pros and cons into consideration. and i mean fuck your opinion, doesn´t matter. objectively veganism is the best for you, for the animals and the environment. nobody could even ague about that.

agreed. It is obviously the right thing to do.

Still cruel to animals. Eg cows kept permanently pregnant for your milk, baby cows then sold for veal at 2 weeks. Go vegan.

"Hippie bullshit"
I'm sorry the fine refinement process of human evolution isn't enough to be considered a design in the works for you.

I love vegans. They taste good and nobody investigates them vanishing when you harvest them as meat because so many people find them annoying. You eat food's food? You are food. Vegan diets make the flesh of vegans taste awesome.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature
not an argument.

Right, because human industry cares about the cattle.
If it wasn't for us using them for meat and milk, we would replace the pasture with fields for plants instead.

The concept of veganism itself is fine, if somewhat weird considering our bodies are adapted to eat a mixed diet.

Vegans, on the other hand, tend to be annoying as fuck. I've never met a vegan who hasn't ended up becoming a preachy, loud-mouthed jerk after four months of being a vegan. Must be the vitamin B12 deficiency kicking them, but still.

It's not an appeal to nature. It's a fact that evolution has shaped us to be omnivorous. Now we can in fact subsist on nothing but a very wide variety of plants, but this is only a realistic option for people living in first world countries. In poorer regions of the planet (read everywhere else) people don't have this environmentally friendly choice. So, instead of trying to subsist on the one crop they can afford, they supplement it with the most logical choice, meat. ... And delicious bone marrow of that meat. If you want to be a vegan for environmental reasons, fantastic. But the rest of the world doesn't really notice the benefits even if 100% of 1st world countries went vegan.

>"it's not an appeal to nature"
>"evolution has shaped us to be omnivorous"

:)

It's an appeal to nature. Our biggest breakthroughs in every facet of society, in health and medicine and morality, all came from ignoring what's "natural" and trying to improve regardless.

>Look at this delicious bacon cheeseburger
>bacon
lies
>cheese
lies
>burger
lies

>"We need oxygen to breathe"
>Appeal to nature!! Invalid!!

Yeah, just like AIDS becoming a thing to get rid of the gays. Y'know, for the betterment of mankind and all that.

It's not an appeal to nature if the discussion is about whether or not it's natural you moron.
>Is veganism normal and healthy?
>No, here is proof that it isn't normal. Our bodies are designed to eat meat because meat is an expected part of our diet.
>Logical fallacy! The fact that it's not normal is irrelevant to whether or not it's normal!

lol how fucking weak do you have to be so switch to vegan and then order vegan food that looks and tastes like meat food...

you are fucking pathetic and are doing this just to look better in the eyes of someone else, not for you. and that in itself makes you weak

We have some teeth for meat you nigger bitch

Nutrition student (that allmost is a registered dietitian) and food/health passionist here.

I think that in terms of health, veganism isnt that great. Most of the benefits are from eating more fruits and vegetables, which you could obviously also do when you arent a vegan. Also, eating a healthy vegan diet is HARD. There barely are ant vegans who actually know what they are doing, and the problem is, you do need to know what you are doing when you are a vegan. Our bodies are designed as omnivores. It is possible to eat healthy as a vegan (including b12 supplementation), but you cant just randomly start being a vegan without carefulyl controlling all your food intake.

Enviroment wise its quite effective. There is no denying that livestock has a huge impact on the environment. Eating less meat = good for the planet (this is assuming that environmental change is a true thing, which is a scientific debate etm)

And there there is the emotions argument. Thinking its not cool to kill animals. I honestly think this is kinda weak. If you think about it..., you literally are limiting your own life because your emotional connection to unknown random animals are overwhelming you. I wouldnt be too proud of that.

Then the last argument, the hype. Being a vegan is somewhat of a hype among lefties now. Not sure what to think of it.

Thing is, you can demonstrate that oxygen is needed to live. You cannot demonstrate that for me.

You are left with simply an appeal to nature, like the post above. Try again.

"healthy" and "natural" are completely different things. Arguing that veganism isn't healthy because it's "not natural" is an appeal to nature, and of no value in such a discussion.

Actual studies into the health of vegan diets have found positive results.

>"nutrition sudent"
>doesn't actual cite any studies or data, just his gut feeling

seems legit.

Vegan diets are fine, better in may ways, worse in a few:
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/5/1627S.full

>which is a scientific debate etm
9/10
You made me believe you were intelligent and knew what you were talking about up till then.

nobody cares you little shit

kek

lol who the fuck cares? so you live longer or what? who the hell would want to live past 80-85 anyway? everybody in the western world can reach that age nowadays and nobody sane wants to be an old sack of shit that cant to shit anymore

i'll eat my meat and if i die happy at 80-85 my life was perfect. you do whatever you fucking do

>>"nutrition sudent"
>>doesn't actual cite any studies or data, just his gut feeling
Thats exactly that dietitians are for. A translation between the science and the average person. An average person has absolutely no need to read hundreds of scientific studies. Neither is it a wise idea because who would probably lack the ability to interpret the study.

emo as fuck. Go slit your wrists, I'm gonna carry on being a strong, healthy vegan.

Cats naturally have a carnivorous we just feed them shit bc were shit

See, is exactly why linking studies is a bad idea. The guy interprets the study as if vegans live longer due to eating a vegan diet. But the reality is that the study you linked has absolutely no way of telling that the longer lifes are actually due to eating a vegan diet.

correlation =/= causation

have fun with your salads and noodles, idiot

veganism is the religion of nutrition... with meat eaters being atheists

they do their shit and can do their shit without converting orhters to join their club "because it is soooo good"

see how meat eaters dont care what you do but every vegan faggot tells the meat eaters that what they do is shit?

thats right. thats whats wrong with you.

You misread that study so badly it's embarrassing. Give it another shot.

>better not cite any studies and sources because someone might interpret it the wrong way

IDIOT!!!

It's a bit too tryhard for me. Like, you shouldn't waste your life fixating that hard on food, or anything. Vegetarianism is cool, tho. But honestly, I don't care what other people eat. I did trigger a vegan once though quite by accident by talking too loudly about how we like our steaks.

Thats far from idiotic. There is no way on earth that someone who isnt educated in research methodology can properly read a study. Studies were never meant to be read by the general public. It only creates confusion.
How did i misread it? The study has no ellaboration on the mechanical side. It is merely an obserational study. An observational study is always a case of not truely knowing the causation.

*meat eater voice* "I don't trust 'science' or 'data' or 'facts' when they feel wrong to me."

Well for a start, you seem to not even realise that it's a metaanalysis.

Give it another shot. You're struggling.

More meats for me

I like it.
But not for me!

it's just a fucked up trend with some seeking attention fags that can't live more than an hour without reminding you "oh...and i'm vegan".

>never mind is two words
>nevermind is a nirvana album

>leather clothes
kek

Why do you randomly assume i dont see its a meta analysis? The fact that it is takes nothing away from when ive said. It still is a meta analysis made up entirely out of observational data. My point remains the exact same whether this a meta/review or not.

You literally referred to it as an observational study. Now it's "obviously I see it's a metaanalysis." You're a mess lol.

Holy shit those are bad
Personnally, I coudn't care less as long as they don't shove it down people's throat. Especially when providing false information.

Its a real thing.

veganartbook.com

Good for environment, never going to be one

It's 2017, the evidence have been around for over 40 years. Veganism is the better ethical choice. It's the better environmental choice. It's the better health choice.
It's just better in all ways. Look at our bodies, they're made for fruits and greens. We get sick by eating dead corpses, and drinking other creatures breast milk.

I think everyone should watch "The Secret Reason we Eat Meat" by Dr. Melanie Joy, to better understand the psychology behind Carnism. Peoples dissonance is amazing when it comes to protecting food. And the discimination is amazing as well, that they get pissed off for people eating dogs or horses, but they will gladly pay for someone to grind up baby chickens, or bashing piglets against concrete floors.
They would gladly pay those peoples salary.

>being this retarded

what? not eating or using animal products?

How many of these things are there??

veganism is a cow, duh.