AOTY 1987

AOTY 1987

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/movies/year/1987
youtube.com/watch?v=BwIjwVGwsG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds good to me. Massive cluster fuck for 2 or 3 though.

Descendents - All is sitting at a shocking 694 on rym

Then why didnt it win the grammy? Was it even nominated?

Ru4reel

Children of God

it's shit

1987 - Best year for movies ever.

that's clearly 1974

Not even close....

the-numbers.com/movies/year/1987

Apetitte was one of my favorites, no doubt. Strangeways by the Smiths or or pic related would get my vote for #1 though

>muh nostalgia
literally any year in the 70s blows 1987 out of the water

Not as long as You're Living All Over Me, Songs About Fucking and Children of God exist

what does link prove....? 1987 might have been a good year box office-wise (I think dirty dancing & lethal weapon were out that summer), but in terms of quality it was nothing special.

Bullshit. Back up your claim. No one is arguing there weren't good movies in the 70s.

>the-numbers.com/movies/year/1987
Predator
Untouchables
Spaceballs
Lost Boys
Hamburger Hill
Princess Bride
Wall Street
Good Morning Vietnam
....ok now comes the part you pick these movies apart and call them shit...*yawn*

plus Sign o' the Times, Warehouse: Songs and Stories, Document, Tunnel of Love, You're Living All Over Me

I mean, there's about 100 things I'd rather listen to from that year than Guns 'n' Roses, but there's the things that are several leagues above them.

I guarantee your list of great 1987 films is gonna be like 70% nostalgia shit like Predator and Lost Boys and then maybe a few decent films like Raising Arizona and Evil Dead II. The only genuinely great film I can think of from 87 off the top of my head is White of the Eye, but a single film can't compete with the roll Hollywood and the rest of the world were on during the 70s.

People overrate the fuck out of 80s action films and comedies. I like a lot of those films, but nothing about the 80s were better overall than prior and subsequent decades.

>Document
nah

>now comes the part you pick these movies apart and call them shit

No, on the contrary, those are all pretty great. Two of the ones you mentioned I actually saw in the theater that very year.

I just don't think any of them are masterpieces per se.

Didn't say they were masterpieces. I said 1987 was the best year for films as a whole.

Maybe you're right, at least in terms of prolificness.

Wrong

Haha I like music too

Nice try

>Posting literally THE worst thrash band

>not liking the classic thrash album that is Among The Living
Odd

Pic related is the only thing that stops me from agreeing with you

Strangeways, here we come

You called?

That's not the Joshua Tree

>calling anthrax shit

Taste this bad shouldn't be possible

>thinking gnr is even remotely good
>falling for b8
pls die

youtube.com/watch?v=BwIjwVGwsG8

this

honorable mention eliane radigue

>calling anthrax good
taste this bad shouldn't be possible

I agree, the 80s was really pretty bad for cinema, at least in terms of movies with serious storytelling.

But Godfather of Metal Ozzy has it in his top ten of all time...

>even implying GNR is good
>saying AFD is AOTY for 1987 when Sign "O" the Times exists.

Christgau's top 30 list for 1987. I don't see AFD on there anywhere, do you?

I agree '87 was pretty thin especially in terms of rock. Appetite blew up simply because there wasn't any competition that year.

>IM A DIRTY WHITE BOY

>People overrate the fuck out of 80s action films and comedies
Yeah, mostly people Seth MacFarlane's age who get a nostalgia boner to them.

The 90s was a much better decade for Hollywood because the big box action movie format that Lucas and Spielberg had pioneered finally reached maturity and sfx were being combined with proper writing. In the 80s, they hadn't yet figured out how to do that and so you just ended up with incredibly campy movies like Ghostbusters and Rambo.

Too much Afropop.

Yeah, that's it...no competition that year...that's why it has sold over 30 million copies.

Nice meme response. Are you 13?

I mean, mainstream rock was pretty fucking bad and none of the major metal groups had albums out in 87.

Hysteria - 25 million copies.

Yep, that album would be a perfect example of how abysmal rock was back then.

Permanent Vacation - 10 million +

So I guess you are changing your argument now, huh...

A Momentary Lapse of Reason - 4 million +

8X Platinum

These albums aren't exactly doing a good job of selling anyone on 1987 releases.

Oh, ok...you're right....I guess the music you like is so much better 'cause you like it...got it.

umm think again sweetie

It's actually Music for the Masses. The best depeche mode album.

Take it from someone who was 15 in 1987, Whitesnake and Def Leppard were what your sister listened to.