HOLY SHIT I just learned something, is this true?

HOLY SHIT I just learned something, is this true?
In the US most homeowners dont actually own the land that they built their house on, they just have some kind of agreement to use it.

Lol.
So not only do your houses cost 300-400k just like in Europe..

1. They are made of shitty thin wood / carton
2. You have tornados

God i love how absolutely inferior the USA is.

dont rub it in

You're kind of right.
Look up mineral rights, you're half shitposting.

House prices vary drastically depending on location in the US. Some really cheap ones in Detroit right now.

I guess it depends but everyone I know owns the land. The only reason you could have the land taken away is if you don't own the mineral rights, but you'd be a retard not to.

No? You own the land
And tornados happen only in flyover country

>tfw thinking of buying a house in detroit so i can play irl san andreas.

Gov't can just take it from you anyway. Google imminent domain.

This is the big dirty secret. The US isn't wealthy. Everyone is in debt up to their ears.

All land is owned by the Rockefellers and Goldstiens.

>implying that's a "big dirty secret"

Had a hearty kek

What is this mineral rights and how do I own it?
>currently renting, saving to own

Really? You guys buy residential real estate with leaseholds?

Tbh we Austrians habe it worse because our multiples are insanely high at ~30. The Murricans have much nicer yields.

This is bait

This is a fake story that occurred very few times, once in Florida, and got a bunch of attention.

Most property ownership law is based on the Latin doctrine, “For whoever owns the soil, it is theirs up to heaven and down to hell.”

Nice try though.

you're black so you'll fit right in

>just like in Europe
Euros literally live in cucksheds.

I'd rather have a room made of concrete, than a castle made of cardboard.

This.
I'd rather live in a 400k house in USA than a 400k house here.

Tornadoes don't exist where I live in New York. Water Spouts on the Hudson every once in a while, nothing major.

I own the land I live on. I can even call airlines and complain about them violating my airspace if their noise is too disturbing. Enough complaints and they change their flight paths entirely. Haven't seen a plane in ages since I originally did this 15 years ago.

Feels good to be old man.

You own the land. And you own it from the center of the earth and the airspace above it.

goddammit I love this country

I don't know anyone that doesn't own the land their house is on.

As for the construction of a house, it depends on the house. The exterior of mine is brick, the frame is wood, the walls are drywall.

Houses in tornado prone areas are build mostly out of wood, with virtually no brick, because it is cheaper to rebuild, and you do NOT want to give bricks to tornado.

If you are stupid enough to not own the property rights, and more importantly the mineral rights, of where you live then you are an idiot.

And who the fuck pays 300K-400K for a house? Not everyone lives in shitholes like urban California or New York where it costs an arm and a leg for rent, let alone a house. I could buy a decent 200 acres for less than 100K in Texas with the mineral rights, pay some asshats to build a nice home for 80-100K, and be done. Then there's the small chance of having oil on my property and getting my dick sucked by oil companies for years to come.

typical american waste of ressources for useless shit. 200 m2 for the average household ? wew lad

Move somewhere that has tornadoes, then see how much you like your concrete room when the ceiling falls on you.

Dumbass doesn't understand what private land is. Most LOTS are owned by banks in which once the mortgage is payed off the land is yours. But then again each state is different with their laws and thus could be considered a different country.

yeah but your problem is that you do have rooms made of concrete while we have mini-castles made of the best available materials. they're not "cheap" by any means, they're just inexpensive to us -- we're in lots of debt and yet still have more purchasing power than you.

2800 square feet reporting

A tornado can't lift a concrete ceiling you dumb american asshole.

Is that really yours? Fucking 10/10 comfy shit right there

You think you own the plumbing, electrical lines and other various infrastructure on or around your land?

You dont - that's why your taxes are ridiculous while ours are proportional to the value of the land you fucking Austrian Autist.

>dat perfect American home
someone tell me where that house is or where I can buy one like it

>ceiling falls
>lift a concrete ceiling

I think you should stick to speaking your native tongue

2000 sqft, $150k, Texas (best country in the world), paid off in 7 years.... beat that!

doesn't even include the fact that in e.g. texas you'd pay around $200k for those 2164 sq ft, unless you live in bad neighborhood or too close to a city. what's the equivalent outside sydney or toronto going to cost?

I got my house from the bank for 28k.

I cannot even fathom how a human being could willingly accept to live in anything less than 200m2
The people paying a fortune to live inside tiny appartments in big cities are absolute retards.

3400 sqf here, feels good bro.

>castle made of cardboard

Bulgaria has that kind of technology?

>tfw own house with 15 acres, paid 150k
>tfw own a dozen guns

inferior, eh?

Jeb bush did this in Florida

senpai, where is real estate that cheap

Funny enough this has happened to 2 relatives. One for a road widening and one for a reservoir expansion. They both got well over market value + attorney's fees because they hired lawyers to basically tie shit up and make it crawl at a snails pace. Government had deadline and contracts with vendors dependent on that and had to relent. Imminent domain can sometimes be used to your advantage.

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

Flyover land.

>In the US most homeowners dont actually own the land that they built their house on, they just have some kind of agreement to use it.

Wrong, but you are taxed every year, but it is not much.

>1. They are made of shitty thin wood / carton

I worked for a schreinerei in Bavaria, we can build the exact same houses here for much less money than western Europe, yes, the exact same.
People rarely pay us to build brick or stucco houses, I build them.
We have it much better here as far as houses in reality. This is because we can build the same for cheaper, and get land much cheaper, you guys are the ones that are fucked, that's why so many of you live in apartments.

So I have never understood this meme about Americans houses, if we want it we build it, and can do it for far less money than you.

So what is the problem?

>beat that

You can't.

Looks like a comfy place

400k here would get you a very nice house, 4 bed at least, driveway, detached and probably stabbed before the end of your first week.

Is it Georgia?

>paid off in 7 years

That's fucking impressive.

>2. You have tornados

Where? in the middle of the country thousands of miles from my house? The house my grandparents built?

Why don't you build you're houses out of brick or stone?

>In the US most homeowners dont actually own the land that they built their house on, they just have some kind of agreement to use it.

u wot? This isn't the case at all. If you're living in some uptown neighborhood with lawn regulations there might be some nasty surprises. But in most cases you own the house and the land.

>1. They are made of shitty thin wood / carton
Depends on where you live
>2. You have tornados
Depends on where you live

Europeans always get this crazy idea that because some part of some state in the US operates some way that the whole country must go through this. It's like they have a hard time comprehending the variation across the country due to it's size.

For instance, I live in the Alaskan interior. There will never be tornadoes here unless the world is ending and houses are built to take a hell of a beating. Not to mention you sure as fuck own your land.

Not bad, I'm just outside Houston with ~5000sqft for 250k

clearly fucking not

Trucker spotted.

brick or gtfo, yes and we own land/mineral rights

same place where 20 acre is the minimum needed to support a single cow.

Unless the government takes your house via eminent domain laws.

Close enough

Nope. Stay jealous, yankees and europoors

Took me 13 years to pay off $70k, good job, bro.

You just learned bull shit.
It's not true at all.
Does Google not work in Europe because of all your thought crime laws, or are you really that stupid?

>OP on suicide watch

Just one of the joys of capitalism.

How would the ceiling fall in the first place? The walls and floor can't fall, how will the ceiling fall, moreso by a tornado?

No, but america does. Our smallest houses are ~1000 ft^2, the average house is bigger, though. They are made from a concrete base and columns and bricks, very energy saving, some have additional insolation making them a temperature warehouse. A house's price here of course is dependant on the location. A house near a large city or in a large city could be from 400euro/square meter(10.7 square feet) to 750euro, if you build it yourself(the easy part is the building, our beureaucracy is shit), you can prolly build it for 200-250euro/m^2.

>oy you're a dumb cunt

nice response

I'm sure they were good at some point, but Whataburger kind of sucks.

It's called property tax - your yearly rent. If you don't pay they can seize your 400k house over a delinquent 2k

All I see is useless shit. Get a better backyard faggot.

>tfw you can't make found art in your backyard and afterwards go boating just for the joy of it.

:^)

sauce?

The US National Weather Service notes that the heaviest load recorded being picked up by a tornado was a 75 ton railroad car. Please educated yourself.

doing the math, if he put the standard 20% down he only had to pay ~1500 a month plus taxes. That seems very reasonable compared to where i live in jew york where a 120k house you are still paying 700-800+ not including taxes

He's right tho

...really makes you think

Why do that when contractors can build stud houses and just put a veneer of whatever actual decent material people want to pretend their house is made of? Much profit.

PROPERTY TAX
ROPERTY
OPERTY
PERTY
ERTY
RTY
TY
Y

TAX
AX
X

Oh shit, that's the dragon art fag. I bet you're still mad about that crude sculpture of a guy wanking himself in his mouth.

>nature
>useless

besides, that's not the actual backyard. that's the view from the backyard.

i can feel your jealousy from here m8

Wrong. My medium is found shit that washes up on the shores of my backyard. Tell me more of the dragon guy though.

I've never understood the hype either.
>garbage chicken
>garbage biscuits
>garbage chicken biscuits
>garbage burgers

Any place worth living in Texas is near an In-n-Out.

I suppose if I was building a house for an American that's what I'd do.

Flyover country is the real USA faggot

>view

What view, of all the dead shit?

Move somewhere that matters and plants want to be.

They have In-n-Out in texas?

You can't pick a concrete house, it has foundations.

>Get a better backyard

I did, $500 per acre

Lived in big city. Paid more in property taxes every month than interest and principle combined on mortgage. People and their stupid fucking children.

>dead

are you literally retarded? do you not know what a deciduous forest is?

>surrounded by hundreds of acres of hills and forests
>useless

ungodly yankee detected.

Enjoy your flooding. Bet the fishing is nice though.

Some artfag spend a lot of time chiseling a log to make a cool ass dragon, his art class(art major or something degenerate like that) had an exhibition and his unfinished dragon(he didn't have time) was placed next to a crude sculpture of a guy standing on his back jerking himself into his mouth.

Are you retarded? Of course you own it which is why you have a right to sell it for a profit if you so wish.ever heard of house flippers? They buy shitty houses, make them better, and sell them for a living. Also, the government can forcably take the land, but they have to pay the people on that land to move and it's usually 10% above bluemarket value.

You're a fucking dumb ass and this thread is full of retards.

it's called homestead tax exemption.

Wat

So do wooden houses. The have foundations made of concrete. They still get picked up. I've seen a tornado pull a massive, steel-framed industrial warehouse off it's foundations and push it hundreds of yards across the road.

>brown death
>useful lands

Ok.

>is this true?

for most but not all, some of us have perfected our land patents, but most deeds are not right to own land but right to use land, most don't own they lease, but it's still possible for them to own depending on the land and it's history

found the pic

>is this true?

no