Why are modern comedians so shit?

Why are modern comedians so shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI
youtube.com/watch?v=3qj1d6MNKTk
youtube.com/watch?v=QpO3059Zses
youtube.com/watch?v=jrtdeCTgX2c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dude lampshade hanging the fact that I'm constantly subverting my own lampshade hangs lmao

I always hate watching/listening to this guy cause I always have to force my laughs when everyone else thinks his songs are so funny

>modern

What would you call them? Post-modern? Meta Nouveau?

Any way you call it they are shit. It's like late stage Carlin without the politics, just meta commentary and whining.

No, I would just call all comedians shit

Bo is funny though

Making a living as an outspoken comedian in a media controlled by leftists is tough.

Bo Burnham is good in five minute acts, but his stand up as a whole is awful and directionless. He says some funny and insightful things about topics other comedians don't talk about. For example, his country song act. His specialty is really music in general, that's when he's best imo. He doesn't talk about politics from what I've seen or family or sex life (too much anyway), which are all really easy targets. Gotta respect someone who doesn't go for cheap laughs even if he isn't all that funny.

Because he got famous from fucking youtube in high school. Not touring the U.S. for 20 years in clubs mastering his craft.

>comedians under 30

it's more that comedy in general has turned into SJW/anti white male preaching. That's where the money is.

I thought Anthony Jeselnik's Thought and Prayers was pretty good famalop

>bo's new special was shit
>last season of comedy vehicle was shit

youtube.com/watch?v=QX1SojKfgNI

this

we now have "comedians" that bitch about the representation of minorities in media and other fucking bullshit. Fucking Sarah Silverman used to make a career in being the most offensive person possible and now she's telling magazines that "we need to listen to millenials and their concerns about offensive humor" it's fucking cunt horseshit

So I forgot to check my privilege this morning.

That was a good one, right? Who could possibly forget to do that?

Only on tv. Comedy is a lot like Jazz in that all the good stuff is in small clubs.

First of all they are all leftist cucks who dont want to step out of line

i havent seen a genuinely funny comedian in years.

Norm Mcdonald and Bill Burr are okay but they dont really have the 'it' factor for me

Heres a challenge for Sup Forums name ONE milenial Comedian that isnt
>a women
>unfunny
>SJW
>PC

>

Because i fucking cant

I used to really love stand up comedy from the ages of 15-18 or so. Mostly English, Irish or Welsh comedians admittedly.

Now however I just can't really get into it, maybe I've outgrown it because the jokes are all written very generically to appeal or relate to as many people as possible and once that clicks in your head it's harder to enjoy it.

That said I still go out to see them live if invited, seeing them live is a very different experience to watching on TV and the atmosphere will make the generic jokes seem more funny and you'll enjoy yourself.

Bo Burnham is anti SJW

bo?

Kyle Mooney and Beck Bennet

>director under 30

i just cant stand how unfunny and painfully safe and boring it all is now.

10 years ago if you wherent pissing off old farts and winning teenagers hearts with edgy shit that would get you locked up if you wherent saying it 'for laughs' you where not doing it right.

Then we have cucks like Louis CK who come along and shit all over that with their safe blase stupid pro jew agenda crap
>Kyle Mooney
only know him from the on the street
worth checking out?
i dont like him unfunny

No he's an SJW apologist who pretends he isn't

Bo on the Green Room was great, you see just how shit he is. Real comedians control the room and Bo looks like a little girl that's lost her mommy.

Do you think the modern comedians are really pro-SJW or are just doing it because they know their audience?

I wonder if they actually give a shit or just view it as business

ITT people that straight up cant keep up with the comedian

His song about being a straight white male is extremely SJW-concious

If he's anti-SJW he wouldn't placate them so much

what does this even mean

Patrice O Neal nailed it desu

youtube.com/watch?v=3qj1d6MNKTk

All comedians nowadays are fake stoner bros

They don't need to be funny, just relevant

Rest of his standups are also great senpai

Esther Povitsky

>all those Sup Forums-tier jokes at the beginning

youtube.com/watch?v=QpO3059Zses

It means they like Bo Burnham but don't know how to express why so they just insult those that they feel have insulted them.

That "workaholic" guy got destroyed and he was too dumb to realise it.

millennial comedians live a cushiony life, no tragedy or hardship = no good comedy

youtube.com/watch?v=jrtdeCTgX2c

>listening to any comedian over 40

ishygddt

I liked her until she flashed her midriff, fucking slut

skeeter so much that they call her patti mayonnaise

That's not Sup Forums-tier, that's just regular self-hating jew shtick. Also not funny at all.

He makes a lot of racist and sexist jokes. Shouldn't SJWs hate him?

is that supposed to be a burn against him or something, cause he wrote that when he was 16.

Also, its "I skeet her so hard people call her Patty Mayonnaise"

that's the most beta thing I've read in a while

Why are they being assholes for no reason

fuck, I miss Patrice

Yeah there have never been comedians who made jokes that are not politically charged. All comedians just make left wing political commentary.

The fact that no one has called you for not using lantern instead of lampshade is really telling of millennial critical knowledge.

Standup is a horrible and incredibly limited performance medium.

you can hold SJW-ish opinions and anti-SJW opinions

the world isn't black or white

So pic unrelated then?

I like John Mulaney a lot. Good storyteller.

no, he's awful

For you

>I'M SORRYYYYYYYYY
Can't remember a time where I laugh harder than when I heard his xanax story