Is anyone else social but has realized that friends are only a distraction and an annoyance away from your goals...

Is anyone else social but has realized that friends are only a distraction and an annoyance away from your goals? Has anyone else ever had a hero or an idol that only ended up disappointing them? Talk to me Sup Forums. I am very close to isolating myself from almost all people for the entire summer except for women.

What are you, some sort of fag?

Good friends are there to help support you and let you vent when you need to. How you see that as a negative is beyond my understanding.

>vent
You gay?

You probably have unhealthy relationships because you idolize people

No. Just emotionally healthy

I don't idolize anyone anymore. The only people I idolize or at least respect immensely or look at are people like Thomas Jefferson or Alexander the Great

*tips fedora*

Feeling euphoric?

Alexander the great was a fag. He had a few husbands.

I dont think you get the concept of healthy relationships.

It's not so much that we see it as negative, just unnecessary because many of us don't need it.

And good ol tj had sex with his slaves

I get you user. Same thing happens with my gf. Recently I've realized how much of my time i lose because of her. She only wants to fuck and do stupid shit.

You emotionally a bitch nigga. Don't vent: change the world. Venting is a Zionist idea to turn all your legitimate grievances into hysterical and significant frustrations.

Humans are social animals and even if we dont need it, its nice to have intelligent conversation.

OP here. I'm glad I have friends that allow me to have fun and support me. Friends that I can talk to about anything. Yet I put to much faith and trust in them. I guess I fucked up.

You fuckin idiot. You think friends ''distract you from your goals''? You faggot will slowly lose your integrity as a human being.

Venting helps me calm down before i can be level headed enough to enact change.

I'd love that, but intelligent conversations are few and far between, because it requires someone to be on the same level and for me not to hate them already. Most people are fucking cancer.

Then change your approach. Dont throw it all away.

OP here. I think you are onto something. I know you are hating but can you please elaborate what you mean by this? I want to know why you say this and why i will lose my integrity as a human being.

Then be selective when choosing freinds. I wont deny that most people suck to be around.

Really? It seems like it helps people adjust to the world they live in. Adjust, not change. Ask yourself: do you really have the same fervor after you've vented?

The thing is I'm not trying to throw it all away. It's just I really want to be by myself and focus on myself for a while. I love my friends and they are awesome top tier people but for whatever reason I am not enjoying their company and presence lately. I don't care about what they have to say.. I would rather keep my distance atm and I honestly don't really know why.

Not him but if you see other people as things in your way rather than actual people then you lose any connection between you and other humans and become a self absorbed asshole.

When nothing matters except for yourself you can easily rationalize doing horrible shit because the only consequences that matter are the ones to yourself. I'm sure you would succeed in business or finance but you would be a very lonely person with only superficial relationships. No man is an island

>When youre smart enough to achieve serious goals but not smart enough to fall victim to futility.

You're going places user

Not op but unless you have others to help give your discisions in life a "sanity check" you could end up doing stupid shit. Also human interaction helps keep us sane. As much as i dislike being reliant on people, i need to feel like im listened to, respected, and cared about.

Yes. And it helps me not react emotionally and allows me to be more analytical about things.

Whatever you do, dont isolate yourself for too long and maybe consider a new friend group. Isolation is the road to depression.

The thing is I am seeing people through their lenses and that is what disappoints me. I see why my friends do the things they do and a lot of it comes from a negative place, or an illogical one. The thing is I am not about isolating myself completely and the thing is I am trying to become someone that helps the world and helps other people so inherently it will be hard for me to be selfish or self absorbed. Idk where I was going with this but I do honestly care about every human being on the planet. It is just the emotions and things that they do that disappoint me.

I love my friend group and they are the best I could ask for is the thing. They are all top tier and great people. Yet something in me just doesn't want to interact with them. I'm sick of having to put myself on the same wavelength as others to interact with them.

Just try to manage your expectations then. Dont expect too much from people unless you truly know they care as much as you. Its hard to be a person that cares when most people dont seem to.

Are they dumber? Lol. Loyalty and being top teir isnt all thats needed in freindship.

The friend group I used to hang out with was dumber than me. The people I hang out with now are for sure very smart people. The thing is though I was gifted(cursed?) with super intelligence and it makes it so I am smarter than 99 percent of people. It's really gay being smart honestly.

>The thing is I am seeing people through their lenses and that is what disappoints me. I see why my friends do the things they do and a lot of it comes from a negative place, or an illogical one.

No offence, are you in high school or under 21?

Sometimes due to your situation your friends just suck. I went to a University with some other friends from high school and they all dropped out my sophomore year. I was stuck in a small town, miles from any good friends and the only people I knew were vapid and shitty. It was a really unfortunate time but things change, I moved out and met new people. If you're out of college and an adult then I would say you have a point, you're pretty much stuck with your friends after 25. If you're under that age and just feel bored with the people around you don't worry, everything will change radically soon. If you really want to change shit up, do something really out there like get a job in another country and live abroad. Friends are like a roll of the dice, that group of people just happened to be in the same place at the same time with similar interests. Sometimes you just need to roll the dice again

I hate it too. It would be alot easier to be happy tbh. Im not super intelligent but just enough to not fit in properly.

He probably is. But i agree with your points.

I am 21 exactly and in college. I live in a small town and I used to have friends that were vapid and shitty. I ditched them for my new group of friends in the city. They are awesome and intelligent.. But it seems as though even as they are awesome they are I just don't care even about the best people in the world. Idk maybe I am just an edgy fuck.

You probably feel powerless because you have no money, no experience and lost in how to achieve what you want. It happens man. Keep doing what you need to put you in the position to achieve your goals but remember to have fun. I spent my 20s working my ass off to make money and now I'm 30 and a year or so away from having kids. I don't feel like I really got to enjoy the perks of being young and enjoying it.

Remember that your friends are there for you no matter what and they're going to be slightly flawed. Take the good with the bad and remember they'll be there when the first big bad thing happens in your adult life. You'll need them

Thanks dude. This advice actually helps out a lot.

I believe in you user