Why does Sup Forums never talk about the current gods of electronic music production?

Why does Sup Forums never talk about the current gods of electronic music production?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xa1NtHKRLeQ
youtu.be/nRVL6kGBQW4
youtu.be/E88HkmzQjAM
youtu.be/K0DjWgLJLKw
youtu.be/1XXzA6XLILw
youtube.com/watch?v=U50m91KVY5M
youtube.com/watch?v=1MMjVb22KUc
www15.zippyshare.com/v/Z5S1hhLA/file.html
dropbox.com/sh/ldxznbkvmte7054/AABllFrEsvWCRNy9Xe3cNcn3a?dl=0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q04ILDXe3QE
youtube.com/watch?v=r5umlj3eyYk
youtube.com/watch?v=gAt4sk8znk4
youtube.com/watch?v=CwKfOEelzOQ
www79.zippyshare.com/v/8rDEIdAt/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

love these guys, biggest inspiration for my music, Jon Hopkins is close behind

You have to be aware that Sup Forums is mostly filled with ignorant ameritards who live in a narrow musical comfort zone, that's why dnb/neurofunk is almost exclusively in UK/Europe.

i'm liking the /bleep/ inspired posts on Sup Forums lately keep it up

Outer Edges should've been the point where Noisia enters Sup Forums-core. maybe their next I Am Legion album will get some of the rap fag audience

user. Don't you realize that Sup Forums is full elitist faggots who listen to music that they call "real music" and bash people who listen electronic music and EDM in general? And /bleep/ is like sex after marriage.

Noisia are the gods, but billain is a messiah in production for DnB. Outer edges was a masterpiece, and so were the remixes for the most part

Outer edges, and machinecodes latest album should be Sup Forums core for electronic stuff. Lots of variety in the sounds, and have versatility as well.

>Noisia
I thought these guys make Bro n Bass like chase and Status and Pendulum

I'm an American, and I think this genre of music needs more appreciation. Even if the us doesn't find DnB as interesting, there's people like hive, gridlok, Keaton, dieselboy who did fuel the DnB scene here, but it is very limited

youtu.be/xa1NtHKRLeQ

youtu.be/nRVL6kGBQW4

youtu.be/E88HkmzQjAM

youtu.be/K0DjWgLJLKw

youtu.be/1XXzA6XLILw

They're versatile as fuck

sharing the throne with my man Culprate in all honesty

Production tier chart

1.Noisia
2.Billain
3.Culprate
4.Gridlok
5.Kemal and rob data
6.Current value
7.Audeka
8.Kursa
9.Code:Pandorum
10.Camo and krooked

Too bad it'll just be washed away from the endless grimes and "This is the AOTY" threads

The amount of quality tracks Current Value constantly shits is insane, I question if he's even human.

Replace Camo and Krooked with Mefjus and we have a deal.

It's even crazier to think that he's been in the game for almost two decades and has a ton of albums under his belt. It's even better when he has a side project in machinecode and it's even better. I think he's great, but because he shits out so many tunes, not every one will work.

I put Camo and krooked up there because of how they just changed the style of their music so rapidly, but still kept the same stuff. Mefjus does that at times, but with a more aggressive sound. They both are marvels in sound engineering, however

the AUDACITY of these fags to steal the chorus from SCOOTER - ALWAYS HARDCORE. They should be ashamed

Yeah, such audacity for people like daft punk to use samples as well, which is "stealing"

That's not Radiohead

Radiohead a shit

I sincerely hope this is bait.

>electronic

Is it that hard to say drum & bass?

They've made other stuff. Dubstep, electro house, ambient, breaks, and some glitch as well. Noisia is art in its own way

Well, if he's got a lot of experience it's not that crazy.

It would be "even crazier" if he had none, and was somehow a genius that got to that level in little time.

Pretty much. It's not suprising anyway, but it's insane at how many styles he's done as well, and the labels he's also been on.

Yeah, I agree.

You guys are missing out on their best side project which is in dutch youtube.com/watch?v=U50m91KVY5M

Classic meme.

My brain exploded when somebody told me it was actually made by the guys from Noisia

Their logo is really cool

Yeah the whole origin of getting the name is pretty cool, seeing an upside down tape called VISION which reads as NOISIA.
And now one of their labels is called Vision.

Is there a song louder and punchier than this?
youtube.com/watch?v=1MMjVb22KUc

It was made in 2010 too.

Listen to their new Outer Edges LP.
It's amazing how much volume they can achieve without distorting and crushing the transients of every track.

Here's a better version:
www15.zippyshare.com/v/Z5S1hhLA/file.html

(don't listen to it from the webplayer, obviously).

I have that album since it was first leaked and I still didn't get to listen to it somehow.

You guys are really making me want to play it right now.

Are these the guys that made the Soundtrack for Devil May Cry: Fuck You Edition?

I didn't like the game but soundtrack was ok

Shhh, Brits can't wrap their heads around the idea that Americans enjoy bleeps. It goes against the narrative that feeds their superiority complex. Whatever you do, don't remind them that techno and house were invented by black kids from Chicago and Detroit and breaks were first used by a Jamaican living in New York. They try to forget that their bleeps are ripoffs by white people.

They made the soundtrack.

Sinkhole is still the best song on the album, even with tentacles, voodoo, and get deaded. So heavy and slow, but atmospheric also

Billain-Manifold

>Shhh, Brits can't wrap their heads around the idea that Americans enjoy bleeps.
90% don't

>Whatever you do, don't remind them that techno and house were invented by black kids from Chicago and Detroit and breaks were first used by a Jamaican living in New York. They try to forget that their bleeps are ripoffs by white people.
Irrelevant, take that dumb nationalism shit back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums

They also think that we all are edm junkies yet I hate the majority of edm. Dubstep and DnB, and occasionally some glitch hop and complextro are good, but there's oversaturation of it, and it turned into edm.

Yeah, they also did the soundtrack for that Motorstorm game if I remember correctly.

90% are

Sadly this. anytime stuff like edc shows up, fags just go there and say "I've always liked ______ since he started releasing shit!"

I'm glad DnB never grew here, but the way dubstep went is just sad. At least people like gentlemans club, phiso, murda, lūx, and tsuruda are saving it, slowly

>being this willfully ignorant
Claiming that people from the UK "get" bleeps and "pardners" don't is dumb nationalist shit, you hypocrite.

I didn't say that, I said 90% of Americans only listen to EDM.

It's like edm is fucking everywhere and it's a formulaic cycle. Nobody ever wants to stray out of it unless they're confident enough to do so. The only two who've done this well are dubloadz and jphelpz

That's a generalization about nationalities, dumbass

*the truth

Are you deliberately acting retarded?

Are you deliberately denying the truth?

where did i start with these lads?

Split the Atom

this is all terrible shit. dnb died around the turn of the millennium

You can start with Split the Atom and then listen to their newest LP Outer Edges.
If you really enjoy the drum and bass side listen to their EP's also (Imperial, Incessant, Purpose)

Ask literally anyone you like in dnb about Noisia and you will hear nothing but praise. Also most of that isn't strictly drumnbass.

If what you're saying is true, cough up some hard evidence.

The facts are that house, techno, and breaks were born in the US and dub was invented in Jamaica. The only innovation a European ever contributed to bleeps is the discovery that ecstacy works well with our music.

>Died at the turn of the millenia

It died at 2007, then resurfaced in 2010 and continued to grow until 2014, then fell in 2015, then rose up in 2016-2017. It's been getting better

Exodus, choke, and block control

This.
Just make sure you get the Special Edition of Split the Atom, as it's full of nice remixes you don't want to miss.

>cough up some hard evidence.
EDC and Ultra and less than 10 famous good clubs in the entire states.

>The facts are that house, techno, and breaks were born in the US and dub was invented in Jamaica. The only innovation a European ever contributed to bleeps is the discovery that ecstacy works well with our music.
Irrelevant, go back to Sup Forums or Sup Forums

>Spilt the atom remixes

That had some great stuff in it, but I'm pissed nobody did a red heat one. Glad that 16 bit and posij made some killer tracks

thx m8s

Of course you don't know any good clubs in the US. I guarantee you've never been to the United States.

You seem obsessed with proving that Americans don't understand bleeps without citing any evidence. Perhaps your nationalist stereotypes and "banter" belongs in Sup Forums.

Yeah, that Machine Gun remix is fucking perfect.
You can't not visualize an action movie scene by scene while listening to it.

the genre creatively peaked around '97 or so. when breaks were dropped (ƆƐI3C "The Nine") was the beginning of the end. noisia produces stale, bro-friendly UKF DnB tracks

Sad how 16 bit just vanished off the scene and all that remained is moody good. Glad that moody did make another remix for noisia and it is almost HEAVIER then the machine gun remix

Again, I never said that, keep on pretending America's full of great clubs and non-EDM fans if you like, I don't care but we all know the truth

True.
I wonder where the other guy is now.

>The nine was the beginning of the end

You mean DJ fresh and his breakbeat kaos imprint which laid the seeds for shit like gold dust and higher

He's off doing stuff under the name jaswan, but moody good is insane with his sound design. Made a couple of mixes and the ID's are sick

It's amazing to me the leaps in logic that some British bleep users are willing to make to feed their superiority complex. It can only be called willfull ignorance: they choose to write African-Americans out of the genre's history so they can tell themselves that bleeps are an exclusively British genre.

all the greatest dance music was produced in America. stay mad, britbong

You mean these?
dropbox.com/sh/ldxznbkvmte7054/AABllFrEsvWCRNy9Xe3cNcn3a?dl=0

On a side note, is he very wealthy?
Why is he working for free and giving away all this music?
Maybe he's making money through big side-gigs.
I remember seeing him in a video doing sound design with Skrillex for a Transformers movie.
Maybe he's doing that now.

I guess he is because of the work he's done with people like bjork and skrillex. Then again, it could be the "free mix you can get because I care for you guys".

I don't know, doing high profile gigs with celebrities must pay very well, but surely not "retire and stop worrying about money again" well.
I'm sure he's doing something else for a living other than his rare releases.
Does he tour for DJ/live gigs?

He's doing a tour this summer, but it's with some lesser known guys. Upset how excision passed him up for some shitty riddim guy like squnto to play at lost lands

lmao I actualy realy enjoyed Mtgfyt. not a big fan of modern dubstep but this was experimental and refreshing enough

Who here is talking about the origin of music?
We are talking about the current state of musicgoers, and the vast majority of the US audience listens to the most generic EDM.

*blocks your path*

youtube.com/watch?v=Q04ILDXe3QE

youtube.com/watch?v=r5umlj3eyYk

youtube.com/watch?v=gAt4sk8znk4

youtube.com/watch?v=CwKfOEelzOQ

You can't even prove that statement. You're stereotyping.

vast majority of UK audience listens to shitty tech house and flavor of the week "bass music"

It's great just to hear what comes out of that mans head, because that stuff is just waiting to be made into an EP or an album

Ah, cool.

You seem to be very knowledgeable about the scene.
How do you know all this and keep yourself updated?

Jon Hopkins is great, but to compare him to Noisia is a bit stupid.
He makes pretty narrow one-dimensional music (that's why you can hardly find a similar recc for him) while Noisia basically went through every electronic genre possible including doing soundtracks and sound design work for commercials.

I have an instrumental of Hotplate.
Did he release other ones ot this is the only one (perhaps even made by a third party kek)?

Keep track of their socials, because they'll advertise what they'll be doing

I don't remember him making an instrumental for hotplate, but prolix did an excellent remix for it.

Damn, how much time do you spend on that?
Do you do it for passion or it's something like a job?

It's literally just following an artist you like on twitter/facebook

>He makes pretty narrow one-dimensional music

Completely wrong, have you only listened to the first three tracks on Immunity or something?

Guy got nominated for a Mercury award for a folk album, and for Immunity, and worked with Coldplay.

I'm already on this site, so I have time to do this shit anyway

Oh ok.

I don't use any social media and only follow a couple of blogs via RSS, so I wouldn't really know.

Well, here you can come once in a while when you have a few minutes to burn, while keeping yourself regularly updated would take much more.

Here:
www79.zippyshare.com/v/8rDEIdAt/file.html

Being a producer myself it's super interesting to analyze these things, and when the level is this high I end up learning tons of stuff.

It's nothing much to follow a guy, just because they post irregularly, especially moody good

Jon Hopkins has done all sorts, he was Brian Eno's protégé for years, worked on all sorts of pop albums as an engineer as well as his own stuff.

I think it's good to see just how much work is put into these tunes, especially in dubstep.

Ah okk, I thought you followed tons of guys in the scene.

If I did that, then my life would be shit

Yeah, it's pretty evident.