The sidewalk in front of my house is a bit messed up and apparently I have to spend fucking $1500 to get it fixed...

The sidewalk in front of my house is a bit messed up and apparently I have to spend fucking $1500 to get it fixed? Why the fuck is this not the cities responsibility to maintain the god damn sidewalks? Obviously this probably differs from city to city but what the fuck.

What city, OP?

LOL @ you.

Lmao hahaha OP! Fag!

What city?

Sidewalk is city property

not a city. Wrong word on my part. I live in a suburb in New Jersey.
That's what I thought what the fuck...

Who told you it was your obligation? It might have been a shyster looking to rip you off for overpriced work.

oh word me too, new jersey (union county)

sidewalks are city property dont let em fuck with you.
Upkeep is homeowner responsibility, like not putting your trashcan on the sidewalk or cleaning after snow. But major changes, city is responsible.

Probably some greedy, anti-American Republican shitheads that refuse to help the country that gave them life and prosperity, so they passed a law that homeowners had to take the hit.

Hatred of taxes and the services they provide are ruining this country.

Depends on where you are, the municipality owns the sidewalk, yet the homeowner or business is responsible for the upkeep and repair of the sidewalk.

It might be on your property if you're not in a township.

Also, in some states, you're required by law to maintain the sidewalks in front of your property. In northern areas, that means shoveling the snow. In southern areas, it means if your tree grows too big and its roots break the sidewalk, you're to blame.

Are you retarded?
Republicans don't want to support you and your lazy ass. We actually do care about the police and roads (or sidewalks for that matter)
Faggot

Lol keep telling yourself that butt hurt libshit
That probably isn't even the case
Quit being mad that Trump got elected
Fucking move on with your life faggo

The town has the legal option to compel homeowners to fix the sidewalks in front of their homes, said Ed Purcell, a staff attorney with the New Jersey State League of Municipalities

Suburbs will do that. It's only $70 a block here though. Shit sucks

When you mow the lawn do you only mow the back and front yard or do you do the grass by the street Too? Your property is from the street to your house. If someone falls they can sue you.

so refuse.

City tried to charge us for not shovelling the sidewalk behind our house, which is behind an ungated fence where we are not legally allowed a fence. Completely cut off from our house. We won that battle.

Pic related. Behind the hedges is a sidewalk I'd have to walk to the exit of my neighbourhood all the way back around (3-4 min walk). There's a fence behind the hedges sorry for the shitty picture don't want to go outside so quickly took this out my window.

*not allowed a gate

Honest answer coming through. Do it yourself you lazy faggot. Cost you WAY fucking less. If you're not man enough to know what to get/how to do it then just fucking YouTube it you dumbass.

the extent of my concrete knowledge is I fixed my brick front steps a few years back but that was just filling cracks and making it level and whatnot. I don't think I can remove sidewalk slabs and make new ones. It's not cracks it's the sidewalk is unlevel in a few different places.

this is pretty standard. the explanation i got from the city was that damage is usually due to tree roots that are owned by the owner displacing the soil. it makes sense. just get a private contractor to do the removal and replacement

Wowe

that's so stupid. Why the fuck wouldn't they allow you to have a gate in your fence? What are they afraid of? Bylaws are fucking stupid.