In all seriousness, what will his next 8 be?

In all seriousness, what will his next 8 be?

he'll die before he gives another 8

probably some experimental metal album

Has he even reviewed anything from 2017?

That one Mark Kozelek album, maybe.

HAHAHHAHAHHA

NOT FUCKING LIKELY

ANTHONY FANTANO IS BETTER!!!

new grimes

This years been pretty rough so far so probably not anything soon. He reviews everything at the end of the year.

Probably Jeff Mangum's masterpiece he's been working on for 18 years.

Saturation

lexemenomicon

Some obscure bandcamp thing like his last 8

Idk probably some shit mallcore again like when he gave fucking Colors an 8.
Maybe it'll be like Black Dahlia Murder and he'll say something about schizophrenia.

what was it?

knowing Scaruffi, he would give it a 6.5/10 and rant about how music criticism is bad or whatever

Phonemenomicon

there won't be one for this shitty year

A boy.

closest we will get in a while probably

nice

didn't he give Benji a 5?
I don't really see that happening

My band's album

Probably not, Scaruffi called Mangum one of the greatest musical minds of his generation.

yeah, but he's also a contrarian faggot.

I disagree.

t. contrarian faggot

How is he contrarian? Where does he show it?

look, you can like him as much as you want, but you have to be actually fucking retarded if you can't see that a lot of his opinions are based on contrarianism

Which opinions? What albums do you suggest are better than his top albums?

People who call others contrarians are always hesitant to say what they like for some reason, as if it matters.

he's100% right though

6 I think, but I feel like he'd go crazy and gush over the instrumentals, and praise it's ambition and experimentation

I never mentioned his top albums and I don't care about them, he can like whatever the fuck he likes. What he can't do is claim that his rankings are objective in any way.
You can't just deny the influence and importance of a lot of artists, and that's something he does constantly. I'd give you an example, but since you seem to like him you probably already know some, and whatever I'd give you as an example you'd just say "but he's right".

okay

Bitch

My debut album.

>You can't just deny the influence and importance of a lot of artists, and that's something he does constantly.

No. He admits that a lot of "overrated" artists have influence over popular music and production techniques, but he's just not interested in those or the most part. His concern has always been for the genuinely alternative artists and he appreciates innovations in that tradition rather than admitting "the Beatles are great because they used a trumpet for 5 seconds in a pop song."