The Matrix

So where did the machines get food for the people?

>Use humans for energy
>Humans get energy from food
>Food comes sunlight
>No sunlight

Did I miss something or is the equation not balanced?

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/extreme/162678-harvard-creates-brain-to-brain-interface-allows-humans-to-control-other-animals-with-thoughts-alone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Think like a dinosaur.

Dinosaurs ate food too.

>The Matrix wallpaper

I just grabbed something off of google, who cares?

My memories

They liquefied the dead bodies and fed them to the living. Of course this doesn't take into account all the diseases and medical problems it would cause, but whatever. The logic in this movie was never its strong point, it was just a framework to have badass fight scenes.

I think the goo provided sustenance for humans, who then converted it to useful energy.

But yes, energy comes from sunlight and you make a good point.

Also, I think the idea behind it wasn't that humans are used for energy, I think the machines needed humans so they (the machines) could have a purpose. Remember, they created a perfect world for humans which the human brain rejected as unrealistic. Then they created the current matrix. Without humans the machines are purposeless because they don't have the drive, ambition or vision humans have.

So was Neo the One or not?

they don't need food
human bodies at this point are just rudiments, interfaces for brain, they not functioning - that's why there were weeks of neo getting up

It's Plato's cave on screen.

So you're saying a person in a coma doesn't need to be fed?

One of the ones

Vitamins and minerals are synthesized. It's just that goopy shit they feed Neo when they take him out of the pod.

Machines are smart enough to enslave humanity with the matrix and you don't think they can synthesize nutrition from raw materials?

Again, you need energy to do that. And their energy comes from the humans. It doesn't add up.

WOOOOOAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>Food comes sunlight
What does this mean?

>Without humans the machines are purposeless because they don't have the drive, ambition or vision humans have.
While that's a cool idea, it's entirely fanfiction and was never even hinted at in the story. The machines needed humans for sustenance somehow, even though the energy spent keeping them alive, healthy and fed would be much more than any human brain or body could produce. Most of the logic in the matrix falls apart when you start treating it as sci-fi and not just a vague foundation for cool action shit to happen.
Too bad it never had any sequels.

google Total Parenteral Nutrition - it's what machines basically doing - feeding minimal nutrition directly to bloodstream, that they got from liquefied bodies and whatever resources left

It doesn't matter since the "real world" was just another Matrix. It was how the Architect solved the problem. It's the only explanation for how Neo could destroy machines in the "real world".

All life on earth is the result of sunlight.

Did you ever watch The Animatrix? The machines had a head start before we scorched the sky. Since they're recycling people to feed other people they only need a startup cost of energy.

Zion uses geothermal power; why wouldn't the machines also use geothermal as well as nuclear? It honestly doesn't make sense why they're keeping humanity alive anyway. It seems to take place solely for the prophecy of The One to repeat over and over again.

In the grand scheme of things, how they're feeding people is the most inconsequential plot hole.

>why wouldn't the machines also use geothermal as well as nuclear?

Stop making sense.

The machines never needed humanity for power. If they did, they would just use cows or something instead.

The machines get their power from fusion. So they would just need to power some grow lights to grow food.

they might have rods with solar panels that stick up above the black clouds. shit, matrix and trinity get above the atmosphere merely by accident. I'm sure the machines could figure it out.
also they say in the first movie they get energy from a form of fusion.

Animatrix is not canon

He didn't really destroy machines in the real world. The machines just let him merge with them to restart the whole process, which again does not make any sense if the whole point is to enslave humanity to be a pack of Duracells.

I'm eating right now and it's after dark you moron

as long you removed brain matter it would be fine.

neo and trinity* wew

"Pack of Duracells" was just negro blabbering to force neo do jihad

I would think that if the machines knew enough about our physiology to plug us into a completely immersive virtual reality, sustain us, and take bioelectric power from us that they would have a grasp of how not to kill us all with prion diseases and shit like that.

Yes, but again, why bother keeping humanity at all if you can just use geothermal and nuclear? Seems like a huge resource drain to maintain all the farms and the whole goddamn matrix.

It unfortunately is.

>We need to monitor this black runner to make sure he doesn't wake up
>Can't we just unplug him and junk him? I mean his is only one out of like 3 trillion people?
>No, spend time and resources watching him

>early 2000's
>having The Matrix ScreenSaver

>as long you removed brain matter it would be fine.
You don't know that, the effects of cannibalism have never been medically recorded for extended periods of time, for obvious reasons. They would also lack the nutrients people need to survive, like almost every vitamin.
Most of the crops would go anemic after a while, that experiment wouldn't survive the first generation.
Even their original idea of using humans as a multi core processor wouldn't work, human brains aren't exactly made for networking, or to be efficient in any way.

I thought it was established that machines were just taking care of humans on principle and that it really wasn't about power? In a twisted sense they were still serving humanity by keeping them alive despite their destruction of the world.

On what principle?

why do humans keep gorillas alive? why do humans keep cow farms?

they used human brains in periods when they "sleeped" in matrix as huge neural network for their AI system

Cows are food.

>why do humans keep gorillas alive?

Tell that to Harambe. ;_;

Protecting an endangered species

Yet they had no problem wiping out every other species on the planet.

humans were there creators stop being so retarded about this. watch the animatrix or read the comics if you want it explained better.

I don't remember that part. Is that Animatrix or Trilogy?

No he's talking out of his ass.

>seeking consitency from ripoff of GITS and parts of other anime titles
better post bane

Don't you have thous weird critters living by the thermal vents at the bottom of the ocean? They don't need sunlight.

its my idea but its obvious

It's not and it's stupid.

it's actually the original concept written by the wacockski sisters but they dumbed it down to "humans are batteries" for movie audiences

it's in the movie dude. They use people in the matrix to emulate emotions among machine. That's why the architect says they'll accept certain levels of survival if it is necessary, but they really don't want to go back to being toasters.

its clever nigga
human brains are more capable given the level of mai matrix software architecture design that were described by oracle and architect

This guy has a point.

But the machines already had emotions before the matrix per the Animatrix.

Also UV lamps are a fucking thing you numbskulls. Humanity doesn't need the sun anymore.

So we've established that for some reason or another humans are valuable enough to the machines that they want to keep them alive. Maybe these niggas talking about emotions are on to something.

Smith does seem to have a big problem with emotions and other dirty human things. Maybe he's like the Sup Forumslocks crying about degeneracy.

very basic ones

In theory, for the plants to perform photosynthesis they just need water, CO2 and light in the 400-700 nm wavelength spectrum.
There are LED lamps that can provide such light.
But humans would need to power those lamps. It's just inefficient as fuck.
The better question is, why don't the machines just use nuclear or geothermal power?

They had plenty, arguably as much as people.

>Maybe
>literally "doctor mengele torturing nigger while talking how all human race is disease and how he will cure it by gasing people" scene

>why don't the machines just use nuclear or geothermal power?

Because that's not interesting.

>The machines had a head start before we scorched the sky. Since they're recycling people to feed other people they only need a startup cost of energy.
Literally how would that work

like financial pyramid.
nobody said it will be forever

I bet they changed it just so they could have the battery scene.

The original purpose for humans was using the brains for processing power for the machines which makes sense considering how powerful the human brain is. When the executives changed this so that humans were a source of power, the first movie then stated it was a form of fusion. I would imagine the chemically energy needed to make new nutrients was signifigantly less than the fusion energy that is created by humans. This isn't sustainable forever as you'll eventually use up any usable material to replenish nutrients, but this would be the case for regular fusion, though that would take like 5 billion years at current power usage.

Is there a de-greened release of this series?

Can't tell if troll or just a retard

>basing you reasoning around the physical laws that exist inside the matrix
*sigh*

There is a 35mm scan floating around on private trackers. Look at the filename.

Outside the matrix son.

i still have it

It was the humans who blotted out the sun.

So obviously they had a contingency for staying fed without sunlight, which the AI could have figured out as well.

there are multiple layers of matrix
that's why neo used his skills outside of it in real world

No they didn't, it was a literal scorched earth move.

We all know the Wachowskis are very well-versed in occultism and esoteric shit. Their movies are always full of occult symbolism and references. The Matrix is a modern alchemical allegory meant to expose the facade of the dark occultists who control society.

So does this have anything to do with their transformation into trannies? Wizards talk all day about achieving balance between the masculine and feminine, between emotions and actions, left brain/right brain, heart/mind.

It seems unlikely that both Wachowskis would just happen to be trannies, especially considering their knowledge of the occult. Could it be that they are trying to achieve balance of both the sacred masculine and the sacred feminine?

Except, it relies on the impossibly idiotic idea that we don't use 100% of our brains, which makes that idea even worse. And again, human brains aren't exactly something you can feed instructions to or network together. They're not processors like the ones we use on computers.

Fucking hollywood executives.

Aren't there literal cannibal tribes that survived for centuries?

They ate other stuff too.

>And again, human brains aren't exactly something you can feed instructions to or network together.

That might be open for debate.
extremetech.com/extreme/162678-harvard-creates-brain-to-brain-interface-allows-humans-to-control-other-animals-with-thoughts-alone

>we don't use 100% of our brains
nigga, it's about process scheduling. we don't use all of our brain at once. Well, outside of certain seizures that is.

>trannies

stare into the the abyss and

the abyss'll twyst 'u

swyftli

What?

If the machines were that smart couldn't they just make a fusion powered uv farm and then use that to feed the humans who they could eat for - oh wait.

Maybe ensuring the survival of the human race was part of the core programm.

The point still stands, you seem to have trouble reading.
We do, specially when trying to solve complex mathematical problems, for instance. There are no "processes" in the brain because the brain is not a processor which only runs instructions in order.

>tfw The Matrix Simpsons hybrid wallpapers

Fuck that, remember the official matrix screensaver you could download from the movie's page? Everyone and their mom had that on windows 98 and me.

well there is always a difference between conscious mind and the subconscious. catching a ball while running poses a significant mathematical problem, for example. Yet our brains can solve that sort of thing quite easily.