Hey Sup Forums, need atleast some decent advice on what do...

Hey Sup Forums, need atleast some decent advice on what do, I currently have $36k in my bank via financial compensation from a car wreck. What's the best way to use this money? I'm 18, I've been thinking on throwing down $7k-$10k on my first car, spend some on a 2 year tuition, invest into stocks. Are there smarter ways to use this money? What would you do?

You should invest in google

Cars are terrible investments

How'd you get that much money? I was just in a wreck that was 100% not my fault, got injured and totaled the car as well. The lady that hit me died and even though it wasn't my fault it's got me all fucked up.

This.

Hookers and cocaine

get a nice job i wanted

so id get like clothes, lifestyle, gym, wheels

Start shopping at Whole Foods. You won't be any healthier but you'll be trendy af. You should blow through that $36k in 3 years doing that.

Shameless self bump

u dab poop soup

Depends on when you need the money.
If you have longer timehorizont than 2 years and more than 4.000$ you should invest if you can handle the risk.
Buy EFT's like Spider. Its the cheapest way of investment and you get good avg yield.
If you want better yield, its gonna cost you and you should really spend time on looking into the firms.

Answer this man op
How the actual fuck did u get 36k from a carcrash settlement

before you invest in stocks, do research. like a lot of research. read intelligent investor, one up on wall street, and a few others before even considering investing into the stock market.

If it were me, i'd spend about 5-7k on a used but reliable car, put about 2k into a savings account, and put the rest into the stock market.

stocks are literally the worst thing you can do.

you can buy foreclosed homes and seized assets from your county courthouse/constable office auction.

I bought a house appraised for 80k with 20k cash and flipped it.

don't be a dumbfuck. research property values and anything else to do with the location like schools, crime rate, convenience/commercial, access etc

Listen to me motherfucker. And listen good. INVEST IN REAL ESTATE fuck stocks. Unless you plane on reading and watching business insider 24/7 to make smart choices on the market you should just invest in real estate. Buy a fixer upper. Fix what you can with help from friends and family. Pay for what you can't fix. Rent it out to people. Eventually sell it once you have made back the monkey you spent on buying and fixing it.

Get a mortgage, are you stupid?

don't listen to this dumbass, OP. an 18 year old has no business flipping houses, neither do the majority of people

Over 10 years ago, I cracked my nose on the dashboard cuz some dumb bitch decided to exit onto oncoming traffic. Was 100% her fault, lawyered up and got my settlement. It was originally like 30k but it grew in the bank

At least put it in a high interest savings account or something. Don't buy a car ffs. You'll be able to get a deposit on a house with that money when you need to.

just as i said, here renting is the thing now.
rent is $1500-$1700 a month for a typical 3 bedroom house where I live

>8 year old has no business flipping houses
I did this when I was 20 with inheritance.
but yeah don't listen to me. I guess more for us.

Real estate market is gonna crash again soon boys
>You can already see the cracks starting

The smartest thing to invest your money in is getting a STEM degree.

You lawyered up at the age of 8?
Thats pretty impressive

Foreclosed homes are the way to do it.

My mom said I should look into that. There's just so many fucking choices, I will be reading about the real estate market and dig in some knowledge

Buy an investment property and rent it out. Do a bit of research, but assuming you live in USA, it is easy to become rich. 35k is enough to put down payment on a duoplex-triplex. Live in one, rent the other two. Take some of that money and buy a cheap car off of craigslist.

I wish I had 35k to invest when I was starting out. Hell, wish I had 10k. Check out Biggerpockets.com, lots of good info there. That 35k will be plenty enough seed money for you to retire at the age of 45.

OR spend it on hookers and blow. Up to you.

Just put it in a savings account OP. All these other ideas are too risky.

That's probably why he said 'throw down' and used invest much later in the sentence. I know they don't teach you kids to read anymore but fuck.

Bitcoin mining friendo. It's how us nerds got rich. Join us before it's too late. Expected climb to $4000USD->1BC by 2020.

Yeah I did, went through the hospital and got 9-13 stitches across the line where the cartlidge and bone meet. I knew what financial compensation was alreadY and mom thought of it already. She got $30k too

All you tards saying property, do you even know where this fucker lives? Almost no where in the US is a buyers market right now with another potential housing crash on the horizon and you think rental properties are a sound investment? Are you all fucking poor ass wage slaves?

Digital currency, precious metals, reliable stocks with median gains. That's how you increase your networth in 2017.

Looking into this thanks

>all stories told on Sup Forums's Sup Forums are factual, accurate and correct historical facts.

1. Buy a house
2. Rent it
3. ????
4. Profit?

Invest in cryptocurrencies.
Create an account on Coinbase, buy some Ethereum (ETH) or Bitcoins (BTC) and send them to a Bittrex account.
Visit /biz/ to learn how to diversify your crypto assets ( I recommend ARK DGB GNT DCR BAY, well established projects with huge potential gains)
Don't invest more than you're ready to lose.
gl

cryptocurrencies are sre shit OP, don't listen to those faggots. also the stock market is pretty high right now, not a good buy in point

For those wondering yes I live in US

Get a 300-500cc motorcycle for transportation and save the rest. Found out how much money you need to run a papa Murphy's pizza franchise and watch money make itself. Ask ungrateful parents for some money if u want to open shop sooner

The only kicker is that you will probably (if you are like the rest of the neckbeard basement dwellers on Sup Forums) need to improve your credit. Stick the money in a savings account till you get that all sorted, it will take a while.

Get a hard credit check pulled, then start working off the debt. It may take a year to get your credit score up, depending on how much you have against you, but don't touch the 35k if you can help it. Live cheap and pay with your earnings.

Youtube has A LOT of channels with very good real estate advise.

There was a Papa Murphy's here for about 6 months before it closed.

This

The only place homes are cheap is rural shitty places, flyovers, and dindo nuffin land.

Pay me and I will ensure your life on easy mode with my 24/7/365 phone support and ironclad plans.

What if you have good credit but no job?

>tuition

You're a complete fucking idiot if you go to college when you have 36k sitting in the bank. You can fucking triple that shit in no time if you aren't retarded.

Fuck school, learn to day trade, make money, fuck bitches.

Cell phone store. Depending on the area's income it could range from metro/boost to Verizon/att. Doesn't have to be pizza. You get the idea. I'm my town there is a guy who own 5 McDonald's franchises. Bastard is a millionaire

Buy ethereum, prices dropped but in a handful of years it'll be as high as bitcoin

Gotta have a plan to fall back on right?

>fall back on

College will just put you in debt, retard. 36k won't get you far what so ever. You need to take that money and invest it in shit, not give the Jews your shekels.

You got lucky, user. Don't fucking blow it by falling for one of the greatest jew schemes of our time.

>Bastard is a millionaire
You would have to be to buy 5 McDonald's franchises

Use money for surgery and turn yourself into the perfect femboy slut, then abuse your looks and get free shit from idiots just for showing your dick on stream.

unless you need them to make more money, you asinine moron.

older 4 banger japanese sedan, point A to point B car

You will need to get, and keep a job for at least a little while. 12-15$ an hour will qualify you for a 120k house (roughly, interest has went up a bit sense I was at my starting point)

That is why the 35k is an EASY downpayment on a USDA or FHA loan, not the entire purchase price.... You obviously know nothing about real-estate.

This guy is a moron. You will loose every penny if you listen to ANYONE claiming you can 'fucking triple that shit in no time if you aren't retarded.' Day-trading takes a lot of time to get good at.

You have start somewhere user

That guy here, by no time I mean a year to 3 years.

Sorry, I'm in advertising, it's kind of my job to make things sound better than they actually are.

>flipping a shitty home that could have been a stable income source as a rental
economics is for retards everyone.
also,
this
sure you did I bet that house is still fucked up if you aren't lying

Dudester, take a large portion of that money and have a financial adviser set up Roth IRAs and mutual funds with it. My guy has meset up in Franklin Templeton and it's done very well. Get a private brokerage account and play penny stocks. It's like educated guess gambling.

lol this lying nig

>Get a private brokerage account and play penny stocks. It's like educated guess gambling.
what could possibly go wrong? the only worse thing I can think of is cryptocurrency

Well, flipping houses is for idiots. Most people would build a portfolio of rental properties.

>precious metals
well you haven't done any of your fucking homework there buddy. That was a thing several decades ago, that game is not worth playing anymore unless your planning to save for retirement with it.
stocks, sure hard to go wrong unless you're a moron and you sell on the slightest whim.
Digital currency....
how can you possibly say that and be serious LOL

Buy a house to live in buy a house to live in buy a house to live in.

Then put any further money in risk investments eg shares.

I'm an Aussie, my mate got $85,000aus which won't buy you shit here but he moved to the USA and bought a place for $21,000.

You yanks have it easy. Houses cost at the minimum $350,000 in AUS

>financial compensation from a car wreck
>$7k-$10k on my first car
make up your mind

Buy cryptocurrency

>Sorry, I'm in advertising
you should post on Sup Forums!

this would ONLY MAKE SENSE if OP had a viable career and was not a poor faggot trying to get through college.
Have fun investing in a fucking IRA then pulling out early due to unexpected circumstances, that shit will REALLY ruin your little week.

Oh yeah im for sure lying

N-nah, I would never do that....

Unless they are in shit locations where you end up spending more on upkeep because of the trashy rentals you keep pulling through.
Rental properties in the hood are a nightmare to manage.

Really tho, the Roth IRA would be a great idea, but it isn't going to get you to financial freedom, just a decent retirement. This is the Real-estate guy btw.

Well stop it you whore.

Then don't buy in the hood.

You're a good person :D

That thought has yet to honestly come across my stupid mind.
And now that it has, I still think it's a bad idea.
Education is word.

I have had a single house in the hood... (same neighborhood I grew up in) I sold it less than a year after buying it. I didn't loose money... but it was a nightmare. Some people love investing in the hood... Not me. Not to mention the problems you end up finding while getting the place up to code. I had to strip every wall out of the place just to get it livable/rentable.

exactly what I did with my deceased mother's money she left to me plus the college and the blah blah blah
she actually died in her sleep after I read one of those stupid posts about mom's dying in their sleep. Tragic but at least she had the foreskin to write a will knowing me and what I do.

I know things are expensive in Australia due to a lot of it being very remote etc. But surely with all that unused land housing outside of Sydney Melbourne etc should be cheap as fuck?

There's good advice here (real estate, IRA), risky advice here (gold, crypto), but whatever the fuck you do, DO NOT BUY STOCKS right now. They have 100% headwind right now.

If you're not into managing stuff yourself and want a low risk trade, commodities specifically ag would be your best bet. Sov Bonds used to be that, but anything from a reliable country yields below real and has for the better part of a decade.

Thanks, user

Yo op belive me ! INVEST INTO WATER IT'S GONNA BE LIT I SWEAR

im 40 and I flip houses ONLY because I know how.
if you know zero about renovating and its inherit hassles then id go

1) buy reliable car for reasonable price
2) place the rest in primary bank until you KNOW what you're confident with doing

Type of advice ill keep in mind, thanks. Yeah I think now is a good time to put some good thought in what i want to do. Eventually Id want to have a dispensary but i have a long way to go.

How do you learn about renovating? Get a job in construction?

Depending on your credit worthiness you can finance a car cheaper than you can finance a student loan. Meaning, finance the car, pay for the schooling. Financing the car, and making the payments will also help build credit worthiness whcih will help reduce the cost of future credit. Looking at the pay differential between those witha high school diploma vs. those with a colleg degree makes it clear that the smartest investment is in your education. Over a lifetime that can mean millions of dollars for even a mid-level professional.

this

I don't see any value in a BS degree outside an engineering degree

or maybe something computer related

>smartest investment is in your education
Just so you know, the STEM hype is mostly a lie. The "E", engineering is really the only BS degree worth a shit. In science a BS degree is crap, you will be some PhD's lackey. BS in Math makes you a teacher.

Lmao OP learn to store dab. That looks like you kept it in your pocket in the sun scrunched up into a ball.

Depending on your area you should be able to buy a livable house for less than 30k, that's what you should do

>I don't see any value in a BS degree outside an engineering degree
I have an advanced degree in electrical engineering from Purdue, so I'm inclined to agree - except there are many professions that require a an undergraduate education and pay better than the average job requiring no education.
Clearly the job market is looking for mechanical engineers - that doesn't make it the only right choice. Nigger.

>buy a livable house for less than 30k
Which Indian reservation are you living on?

Buy bitcoins, and then buy ANS, ETH, but always have BTC make up the majority of your investment. China's bank recently announced one of their main priorities int to hop into the cryptomarket, while Russia wants to be the first country with a national cryptocoin.
This and other factors are making cryptocurrencies rise in value.
It's a volatile market for sure, but it yields mad gainz if you know what you are doing.
Or at least copy the moves from those who do.

BS in Chemistry here, you hiring?

crypto is shit

>BS in Chemistry here, you hiring?
Is your meth game strong?

What?! I'm getting a degree in Marine Biology. I'm gonna be rich bitch!

Don't waste your money on a car. You're 18. You drive a piece of shit, that's how it works. Trust me, I spent so much on cars and you regret it later.

That all actually sounds pretty great.