Marilyn Manson is anti-LGBT in the music industry

>“I just finished my new album, going on tour in July. The record’s called Heaven Upside Down,” the Antichrist Superstar confessed.
>He also responded to a question about the 2017 MTV Movie and TV Awards’ new gender-neutral award.
>“I don’t think MTV’s opinion matters for s—t, sorry,” said Manson.
>“It’s just not the cultural music thing it used to be. It kind of died with The Real World.”

BASED MANSON
Thoughts?
loudwire . com/marilyn-manson-completes-new-album-scraps-say10-for-new-title/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c0qI5xO34WE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think that's anti-LGBT, but he does still throw around "faggot" in public interviews like it's still the 90's and has adopted this real aggro "don't call me gay or I'll cut you with my solid gold switchblade" persona that's probably gayer than actually sucking dick.

>that's probably gayer than actually sucking dick.
This sounds like the comment a closeted would make about a completely straight man to deflect that fact that he himself is gay.

>This sounds like the comment a closeted would make about a completely straight man to deflect that fact that he himself is gay.
This sounds like the comment a closeted would make about a completely straight man to deflect that fact that he himself is gay.

>singles
that looks like the digits a guy would get when he didn't get trips

Doesn't work that way, sorry buddy.
>still paying attention to dead meme numbers

wow OP, youre a bigger fag than MM

>he does still throw around "faggot" in public interviews like it's still the 90's
haha you sound like such a fag

>I'll do anything if you produce my album
>Anything?

Trent couldn't control him, he was a monster compared to lil' Reznor. Reznor didn't have anywhere near the passion and vocal/lyrical capability as Marilyn Manson.
This song is a prime example of this: youtube.com/watch?v=c0qI5xO34WE
Trent couldn't possibly deliver something this passionate if his life depended on it. He may have made more intricate bleep bloops in the background than the Marilyn Manson band could, but it's no competition as far as instrumental and vocal prowess goes as Twiggy and John 5 were amazing and underrated song writers.

John 5 turned Manson into cliche buttrock and Twiggy hasn't been good in years.
Trent Reznor was the best thing about Marylin Manson. ACSS wouldn't be half the album without him.

The instrumentation was entirely by Marilyn Manson (the band). It's the same as Portrait of an American family where the early demos have the same guitar work and lyrics from before Reznor got his hands on it.

I mean yeah this is Sup Forums and you can say "fag" here. Probably don't do it in an interview with the fader.

wtf i love marilyn manson now

The album would sound as bland as the demos with out Rez.
The atmosphere, the production techniques, all those eerie samples and keyboards were Rez and made the album what it is.

That doesn't tell me anything but I guess he said the right thing. Also what's wrong with joining female musicians with male ones in the award? Or that's not what this is about?

Why not? What kind of fag is going to let some shitty click-bait rag bully them into censoring themselves?

>Also what's wrong with joining female musicians with male ones in the award?
Men won't be allowed to win over females, that would be "sexist".

oof, and i thought i had bad reading comprehension. you take the cake OP

The demos sounded great, what are you on? The atmosphere only matters and works so far as the instrumentation and songs behind it are good enough to back them, otherwise it would just be a shitty art project like Trent's 3 hours ambient album.

>oof
ugh

Hes cool n all, but this new album needs to be released like yesterday i mean we've waited long enough. The new name is better but i don't even care about that i wanna hear this shit.

yeah because its mtv and not because the idea is flawed

I agree, I'm really hyped for what it will be like after he's shown that he can still write good music in the Pale Emperor. Say10 the song sounds alright but I'll bet the full version sounds better.

All award ceremonies will receive the same pressure and abuse from twitter until they exclusively give the award to black women, and they will give in.
They will never have gender neutral awards in sport because their awards are measured objectively and women will always lose.

Rez went into a self indulgent, mastebatetory downward spiral. Hes made a lot of boring ass music. Not to ignore the classics of course ;)

Either way, NIN is objectively better than MM

Not really, I still like NIN but he only had 2 good albums and an EP.

>in a separate interview, Manson spoke about his unlikely friendship with King Arthur star Charlie Hunnam. “We’re strangely like brothers,” Manson told ET. “I don’t have a lot of close men friends at my ’round table’ so to speak. I don’t even have a table. But Charlie and I always cook food for each other.”

pls stop enabling him, Chuck

Except music is subject.

And MM has never reached the genius of NIN and hasn't been decent since the 90's

check em

>i haven't listened to the pale emperor

Check em'

>PoaAF, ACSS, MA, and HW aren't more genius than NIN
Imagine suffering the woes of THIS pleb

Bro MM have several great albums you can listen to from start tp beginning. NIN has two good albums that can be boring to listen to from start to finish. I like NIN but Trent's shit is only good when your in the mood

>people actually think they're patrish for thinking this

t. amazing atheist and his boyfriend

TDS > Fragile > Broken > ACSS > PHM > MA > PoaAF
HW is buttrock garbage
Pale Emperor is just garbage

Why is everyone defending a 50 year old who sprouts ridiculous bullshit like this in 2017?

>His voice can omit five different tones simultaneously,[300] which mixing engineer Robert Carranza discovered can form a pentagram when imported into a phrasal analyzer.[301][302]

>"And we discovered with the mixing engineer that I have five notes that come out my throat, and apparently you can look it up because I don’t know all the details but I know that you cannot autotune my voice. He showed me a phrasal analyser and I filmed it in slow motion on my phone, because it formed a pentagram. It wasn’t like seeing a standard Virgin Mary on the wall or something. It formed a star then a pentagram. This guy used to be an astrophysicist, his name’s Robert, and he’s won four or five Latin Grammy awards. He said this is not normal, he said he’s seen three notes come out of someone’s mouth, but not five. The resulting bright green design formed a pentagram, or five-pointed star, which, to many, symbolizes evil. This is really a satanic record! That's scientific proof. He said 'this is empirical proof that you may in fact be the devil'."

This. Manson's music portrays a lot of the same messages as NIN but is good enough to have way more replay value and depth to the themes, story, and songs themselves.

fuck off pleb

>t. amazing atheist and his boyfriend
I'm actually a Christian but nice try.
Fragile has way to much filler to be considered anything more than just 'good'. HW has so many more great tracks than Fragile also. Pale Emperor is easily the best strictly 'rock' album of the 2000s and 2010s.

and this is related to .
Seriously? All this hoopla over a cock rock album? TPE is the most overrated POS I've heard that year. You defenders got really low standards desu.

>In the mid-seventies, David Bowie created a character called The Thin White Duke. If the title of Marilyn Manson's new album doesn't provide a clue as to how uncreative he is, he's beating the same ol' dead horse he always has lyrically. God, Satan, guns, "love sucks because we keep hurting each other", "cocaine and absinthe make me cool" and "hey, did you know I live in Los Angeles?" Occasionally, he manages to spit out a decent line ("Lazarus got no dirt on me") but mostly, he's capable of cringeworthy lines like, "I don't know if I can open up any more / I'm not a birthday present."

>Musically, this is easily the best thing Manson has been involved with since The Golden Age of Grotesque, which isn't saying much. The excitement of that fades about four tracks in anyway as all the songs start sounding pretty much the same. Better luck when you half-ass it again in another four years, Mr. Manson.

There's only about 5 songs where he even directly references Satan and even then it's pretty vague and not the main point of the song.

Kek TJ is a faggot, but DP is an awesome podcast. But you clearly haven't listened to the pale emperor, its really quite good.
Hes on a lot of drugs brahh, you'd die if you tired to keep up with him for an hour.

Nine Inch Nails fans are considerably cringier than Manon fans.

I don't like his 00s stuff, but thats pretty much all your basing your opinion on, TPE is a strong 7 to low 8 imo. I doubt you've given it a listen, the first 4 tracks are solid it only wanes a little at the end.

>he's shown that he can still write good music in the Pale Emperor
Wasn't all the music done by Tyler Bates?

Yeah, nah.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA LOL KEKE TOPE KE AHAAHAHHA XDDDDD FUCK LE ESS JAY DOUBLEYOUS AMIRITE GUIZE XDDDDDDXXXXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Both have awful fan bases, so lets not pretend one is better than the other in this regard.

As opposed to?

>Brett Keane

woah

You guys will regret this

Delete this, piggy

NIN has 2 good albums. Whereas MM has 5. If you wanna go by albums shit lets even say you don't like poamf or tpe. MM still got 1 whole album on Trent. But shit i mean don't hold the bad stuff against either of the dudes its just that MM has more albums I'd like to listen to right now compared to NIN.

But NIN ain't something you just put on you gotta be in the mood.

>MM has 5 good albums
top kek

nothing can stop me now

He's right you know. Stop being a Sup Forumskiddie and actually listen to the music for what it is.

>2 good albums

You mean two albums that fit the narrow genre MM falls into.

kawaii

Hey even discounting that and just using the triptic as an example it still beats NIN by one. Also i doubt you can articulate whats so bad about poaaf or tpe.

Thanks Brian!

It's edgy teenager core.

Trent's other stuff is long boring and only he likes it. I mean would you seriously stop what your listing to right now to put that shit on? I fucking doubt it.

I'm listening to Hesitation Marks and about to put on Ghosts.

Yes.

Oh god you Sup Forumstants are so unoriginal, do you have any opinions of your own? Jesus i bet you've stopped listening to shit you like just because someone on here dissed it..

>Doesn't work that way, sorry buddy.
This is exactly what a closet gay would say

Sure thing buddy i beliefs you i reali do,,

It doesn't because NIN has more than 3 good albums.
I doubt you can articulate what's bad about any NIN album yet here you are.
Only the first 3 MM albums are good, albeit not as groundbreaking as NINs albums.
After MA they became standard radio buttrock rehashing the same edgy wordplay shtick over generic guitar riffs.
He's a braindead druggie now and isn't remotely as interesting or insightful as he was 20 years ago.
Meanwhile Trent is still releasing fresh shit.

>Probably don't do it in an interview with the Fader

Trademark Reddit smugness

>it's a "somebody roasted an artist I liked so now I can't like them anymore" Sup Forumskid episode

>I'm listening to Hesitation Marks and about to put on Ghosts.
This is the greatest shitpost in the thread, people only listen to those albums ironically, silly.

>Meanwhile Trent is still releasing fresh shit.
Yeah, it's hot garbage for sure, leaves a disdainful taste of ass in your mouth after listening to its attempts at being something it's not.

You already replied to that post butthead.

Is Sup Forums being invaded by Tumblr?

>Edgy musician attempts to take the most edgy stance possible in the current social climate
COLOUR
ME
BEWILDERED

not that that's even whats happening there op is just being a worthless faggot loser just like his father.

The new NIN stuff is too long. It happens to a lot of artists they get into a mastebateorty phase and make really long songs that few actually wanna hear. Mansons last album was damm good, and i got mad respect for rockstars that keep doing drugs. Most musicians get boring once they quit the drugs. Trent is a bore, like you like his new stuff thats fine. But me i can't stand drawn out long ass songs.

>too long
>i got mad respect for rockstars that keep doing drugs.
>Most musicians get boring once they quit the drugs.
Underage confirmed.

Sup Forums is crossed over with Sup Forums too much they get triggered and leave.

There's several Mansonbros in this thread
That's what I thought when I first saw an increase in Trent threads.
Most "edgy" artists fold under that shit these days

is Marilyn Manson actually good and if so which album should I start with

No dice bitch. I'm in muh 20s, there are countless musicians that got boring post drugs. And few that stayed the same or got better. Just think about it. Compare down on the upside to king animal. (Rip Chris)

Like shit sometimes a person has to quit the drugs but the art does suffer quite often.

He's amazing and severely underrated in communities like this. Just go in chronological order, start with Portrait of an American Family, it's really good. Then continue on.

>There's several Mansonbros in this thread
All with the exact same point to make?
A little contradictory when that point was arguing against hive-mindedness.

Trent wrote a lot of his music though

Smells Like Children [Nothing, 1995]

Unmitigated consumer fraud--a mishmash of covers, remixes, and genderfuck cover art designed to shock, titillate, and promote Manson's current tour. The lyrics to "Shitty Chicken Gangbang" are nonexistent, the lyrics to "Everlasting Cocksucker" incomprehensible. Only on "F--- Frankie", a spoken word number of a female's feigning orgasm, does it deliver what it promises when you realize that the title isn't "Fist Frankie" or "Fire Frankie" or "Feel Frankie". It's easily the best thing on the record. D+

Antichrist Superstar [Nothing, 1996] *bomb*

Mechanical Animals [Nothing/Interscope, 1998]

If only the absurd aura of artistic respectability surrounding this arrant self-promoter would teach us that not every icon deserves a thinkpiece, that it's no big deal to have an IQ higher than Ozzy Osbourne, and that the road to the Palace Theater leads to excess, the deadpan production being yet one more item with which to flatten willing cerebella and conceal the feebleness of La Manson's vocal affect by pretending it's all intentional. My suspicion is that his banned-in-Wal-Mart slipcase will fade into the haze of records that people found mildly interesting at the time. Catchiest songs--"The Dope Show" and "I Don't Like The Drugs (But The Drugs Like Me)". Duh. C-

Holy Wood [Interscope, 2000] *bomb*

Portrait of an American Family is a good start. Shit is polarising so if you like it you'll like his other stuff, atleast up until holy wood.

sweet, thanks

Anything except for Eat Me Drink Me

You assume it's due to drugs and not just ageing.
Compare Antichrist Superstar with Pale Emperor.
Top-tier to bottom of the barrel insipid shit. While taking drugs.
I would argue Manson wasn't even on drugs in the 90's. A number of people close to him have said that. He was on the ball back then and he can't even put a sentence together now.

Oh no! Some old kike didn't like Manson back in the day. Guess that means his music is no good!!! Oh noes why didn't i listen to some old kike telling me whats cool back in the 90s??

>You assume it's due to drugs and not just ageing

You're asking if the chicken or the egg came first.

Jesus fucking Christ, guys. If you people keep doing this shit I'm seriously going to fucking punch you in the throat, speacially the guy who keeps posting that I made "2 good albums".

Be warned, fucker. I'm going to get you.