>hasn't aged mentally
how does he do it Sup Forums?

You're the problem fuckface.

Fuck you.

What did he go to prison for?

selling drugs
in israel
at 15

I'm honestly surprised at his apparent health compared to other musicians who did shit loads of drugs, I'm pretty sure he did shitloads of drugs anyway, during the early stage of Swans and before he formed the band. He said he did a ton of psychedelics in his youth in an interview. How does he do it ?

his energy is so powerful he straight up had music journalist ignore the rape accusations.

He's definitely aged mentally. I believe you meant that he hasn't deteriorated mentally. If you look at interviews of Michael Gira in the 80s and 90s vs interviews of him today, you will see a big difference.

Not really. He's still got the energy and ambition he had 35 years ago. A 63 year old screaming about death in front of millions is unheard of. Even in the music industry.

It's not about his stage performance, I'm talking about his mind how he processes things. It hasn't gotten worse, its just changed. He no longer tackles people in crowds and steps on people's hands. He also has stated that he no longer gets angry and yells at bandmates. He has mellowed out and matured. He's less angry and more at peace. And I wouldn't say he quite has the energy he had decades ago, as he no longer literally slams his body on the stage. He definitely still has plenty of energy and ambition though

Idk what drugs he did and didn't do but most psychedelics are fine for you.

He drank a lot, I know that

Yes. Around Soundtracks, I think Gira probably changed a lot which may have contributed greatly to ending Swans.
There's a big difference in tone from 21st century Swans and 20th century. Especially The Glowing Man and To Be Kind which are almost oriental.

everyone in the band was on lots of amphetamines in the early days.
he's also a recovering alcoholic

54 recordings isn't that many. Especially for 40 years, that's basically minuscule.

>hasn't aged mentally
indeed, his artistic vision is as childish now as it was back then

He fucking heard blokes getting raped in the night every night, that's fucking hardcore shit

What's an example of an artist with a mature artistic attitude.
t. Mozart

They totally are (I'm literally preparing a dose of 4-aco-dmt for myself right now), but it was like he had done LSD hundreds of times before he was 15, maybe younger, so it definitely wasn't the healthiest thing, psychologically. I'm sure years of "abuse" of LSD are much healthier than abuse of practically any other drug though

my dad played a gig with swans back in the day around the greed/holy money era.

they played a good set, afterwards my dad went up and told gira he said it was good. gira said that he want happy with it. other than that he seems to be happier nowadays than around that period.

I'm impressed he left that completely unscathed, based Mikey G.

s

w

a

n

s

Yay!

>And I wouldn't say he quite has the energy he had decades ago, as he no longer literally slams his body on the stage.
Nah they leave that stuff to Iggy Pop who has almost a decade on him.

kek

>>has lived through prison and rape accusations
Of which the latter were true. He was also a heroin dealer mind you.
>>hasn't aged mentally
Gira was senile from the start though. I even like some of his output, but come on.

You do have a point though. He does have a Zen quality. I imagine he's buried in depression.

>yay
>ruins thread

hell be fine

theres nothing senile about him m8.
nice little world you live in