Fargo thread

How the fuck did he become a dentist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's not very difficult, barbers used to act as dentists traditionally

he's got no morals but lots of molars haha

Yeah, traditionally. This is in 2007. He acts as a qualified dentist for god knows how long, and he's made up his own backstory about his time in dental college.

just finished season 2 today

can someone explain the signifcance of the you know what I'm about to say... the UFO

Maybe was a dentist before

He was the devil he aint got to explain shit

it's not that difficult, it's just teeth, he wasn't doctor or anything like that, just a dentist

Season 2 gets more elaborate and wacky in terms of what organized crime can do

Don't think about it

Aces

Dentists are basically med school dropouts. Not hard

I see what you did there, and it was funny____

He was always a dentist that did hits on the side.

Explain the significance? This isn't film school faggot.

The time the season was set, UFOs and UFO sightings were a big thing.

boom in the shot

>discussing fargo in a fargo thread

fuck me, right?

Obi Wan's confirmed for season 3

Aces

This nigga does what he wants

>Emmit Stussy is the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. A handsome, self-made, real estate mogul and family man, he sees himself as an American success story. His slightly younger brother, on the other hand, is more of a cautionary tale. Balding and pot-bellied, Ray is the kind of guy who peaked in high school. Now a parole officer, he has a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt, and he blames Emmit for his misfortunes.
Guy's doing a tom hardy and playing both characters.

How did he carry a gun with a suppressor on it all the time without his fiance noticing?

Fuck you, ok?
-dentist

Haven't seen season 2 yet, does anything top that episode with the shootout in the storm?

Why are you guys obsessed with removing wisdom teeth? My dentist keep saying it will cause me problems, but they never elaborate. I've had them in for 5+ years with no problems.

>The jig is up, Ahnon. Please hand them pearly whites over. Now.

wisdom teeth may push and mangle the rest of your teeth if there's not enough space for them to come out

not a dentist, but dentistry is easy as elaborated above so i know that

What the fuck was his problem?
Tiny penis?

his two sons were painfully bad. whoever thought they were a fun element should be fired

I very much enjoyed the one getting stapled in the forehead.

Just finished S1.
Was Lester a sociopath all his life without realizing (as indicated by his brother who said to him something was missing)? Did Billy Bob flick a switch? Did his brother saying that flick the switch to frame him?
Before that he seemed like a guy who made a mistake and scrambled to get away with it, after that when he stapled the shitty kids I thought he had grown some balls.
But then it turned out it wasn't just that but that he became a completely selfish egomaniac, wanting to cheat on the new wife and sending her to her death and all. So my question is, was he an egomaniac all along but just too beta to act on his thoughts? He was sad in the second ep, smelling his wife's clothes, but his "goodness" just... detoriated.

(I watched the first two eps on a plane and was half asleep during those, so if it was somehow indicated he was an asshole even in the beginning please let me know. Made the impression of a beta pushover, nothing sinister underneath)

Also what was the point of the supermarket-man and the fish?

A better question is why he would go undercover and become a dentist for a hit that would make him less than he would have made as a dentist in that time. Fuck this stupid show and anyone who thinks it's the best anything.

He likes to inflict pain.

i think he got really drunk really fast with success, sort of a walter-white type character but speed up. Except for him instead of family life and success in business his ideal was more of a cold, badass type of man who doesn't care about anybody

Maybe he had some psycho tendencies too

Did he let the car salesman get away in the end?

Also I thought it was ridiculous how he kept getting away with everything, yet people still praise this series as "realistic". It was goofy as fuck having him just walk around being completely untouchable, not to mention how incompetent all law enforcement except for the qt fattie officer and the chief that died in the first ep were.

It's a terrible show don't read too much into it.

>just... detoriated.
>...
>detoriated

dentists btfo

well to be fair real law enforcement is incompetent, real life cases don't usually get solved or anything, they just bully people into a confession

> yfw somebody says "on account of" every single ep
Some other phrases were repeated a lot as well, it really showed this was written by one guy. First I thought it was on purpose, having all Minnesotans talk similarly, but I think even the two hitmen or the FBI people or whoever said it.

At one point did you stop rooting for Lester and why was it when he got his Asian waifu killed?

What about when he framed his own brother who had a wife and child to take care of?

Although realizing he was going to sacrifice her was a pretty great moment.

Bob Odenkirk and Billy Bob are the main reason I liked the first season. Should I give season 2 a shot? It's not on hulu so I'm not that motivated to watch it.

Fuck you, ok?
-cop

>Tfw I didn't even realise what he was doing when he asked her to put on his coat, so her getting shot was a total surprise.

violence in a certain sense an unexplainable dred, some people can face it some cant. Ted Danson even tries to cure it with reforming languege. This is in contrast with the traditional values of the region such us being civil with your fellow man and loving your family. Parts of exisentialism, the absorduty of banal things in life, loosing your roots and the feeling of having no ground under you (not sure if this translates well to english) are embodied in the UFO. A force you can't comprehend.
To be short: Who the fuck cares about that life is unexplainable when you have your family to protect and care about. Even if you are confronted by a UFO the main thing you should care about is your daughter for example. Im pretty sure that's the metaphor even if some people take away something differenct from it.
Great season if you ask me

it's a reference

youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

I actually liked the second season much better, give it a try

I'm 42 and have never had them removed. I think it's another dentist scam to make a lot of money from stupid people.

That's a fascinating perspective.

Thanks