God tier hip hop albums only

God tier hip hop albums only

Bump

>God tier
>Rap

Choose one.

A culture built by uneducated fuck ups, who's vibrant shortcomings are celebrated by other uneducated fuck ups. In a world where hard work isnt respected, someone rhyming words with absolutely no idea of how to play an instrument or the theory behind it can be considered a musician.

Shut up and enjoy the tunes, guy

There are no tunes. Some one presses play on a computer and another guy talks into a microphone. If you want to call it poetry fine, however it is not music, and rappers are not musicians. In fact, they have ruined black musics, and potentially culture.

>culture built by uneducated fuck ups
>culture built by some of the richest and smartest businessmen

Choose one.

How does it feel to be the least cultured person on Sup Forums?

Anything from DOOM is god tier

Fuck yes.

>honorable mention get

No more (You)s for you

Prolly some death metal fan anyway lmao

Ha fine, call them businessmen, as long as youre not saying its about music...deal.

Obligatory

this.

Nah. What ruined black culture is people living on the same stereotypes as they did back in the 60's. In the early 90's gangsta rap was weaponized in order to keep the divide between classes as wide as was possible. Since then, rap's taken a turn for the better. Even in the bullshit era where guns and drugs were all rap was known for, there were still true poets and musicians doing what they could to get the right idea's heard.

That you have a bias against "black musics" is more about you than it is about the actual state of "black musics".

More of a classic rock fan. You know, people sacrificing time and energy to become great at playing an instrument. As opposed to as has already been stated, to become rich.

>rap isn't music
>fat bearded guys in their 60's slapping a guitar and screaming into a mic is

I didn't know you could choose what music meant my guy.

Also plenty of rappers and producers know how to play instruments or at least basic music theory. The good ones at least.

I like soft rock, too. I can some Christopher Cross with Kanye West on the side. Go away, I don't want your terrible (You)s

It takes an equal effort to become good at anything. Spoken word poetry takes skill, timing, know-how and understanding of your audience and how they'll react to certain stimuli. That's not something you're just born with.

Plus, plenty of classic rockers made music just for the money and status. That's a weak argument, my friend.

Disagree completely. Look up a book called "Blackout" by Paul Porter. He was one of the original executives at BET. He says that Mtv and Bet ruined black music. There were black bands, black musicians (piano, guitar, drums), so of the best ever. However, once all that was needed was some cool words and a cool look, there was no longer a reason to learn instruments. Rapping was EASIER. Sorry gang.

Read my above post. Their was not always money in music friends. Now its the point of music. Additionally, if youre calling rappers poets im on board, called them musicians or it music im not.

This.

Right. Totally. Thats why they bring speakers out on stage instead of instruments.

Stevie wonder, jimi hendrix, j. johnson, bb kind, carter beauford.....all black people in the period your discussing...wouldnt call them fat bearded guys.

Tell me about one thing music wise that is popping without having black influence in it, black culture is bigger than it has ever been.

>some rappers not giving a shit about the art rthey put means all rap is bad
>some rock artists not giving a shit about the art they put out means at least their interests reflect what I think of as valuable and tha they should be excused for it

Music mixing and writing/reciting 5 minute songs without choruses isn't easier than playing guitar, unless you don't actually practice. But in that case, you're gonna be shit at what you do, just like if a guitarist never practices, they'll be shit at what they do. SOmetimes the ones that don't try get picked up because their image is what's in right now. This is true for all genres. This is true for all ages.

It is the point of music because that is what people wants it to be,

if people told rappers they will not get rich of their 16 bars about bagging bitches from left to right i shit you not it will stop happening and they will try to find the next thing.

What the people wants they get, not that hard of a concept

Is that a joke? My point is rappers arent musicians. Society has been dumbed down and no longer respects hard work, it respects cool more. If you sound cool, or talk cool, or look cool. People like you...spending 30 years learning the piano at this point means nothing...i can drive a nice car, make words rhyme and make you feel cool while you drive your car...means Im great in todays society.

Yes

As long as your admitting thats exactly what it is, and not some musical genious' at work...im with you.

Except you can't do any of that shit you faggot.

"society has been dumbed down and no longer respects hard work"

I mean yeah your room is probably a cool place but damn how hard did you get bullied to get these kind of edgy 12 year old phase opinions from. What kind of people are you hanging around with?

Why would I want to? If the crowd is going in the wrong direction, I dont follow it...unlike you it appears.

That is exactly what most of it is, not all. There are musical geniuses in hip hop.

Why are people complaining about "shallow" music? it is like a job these days, if it feeds a family or two and people sit here and complain about it they need to go get some hobbies

Ha....you have no idea who I am...which is almost deserves 2 ha's. There is a very good chance I have more money then everyone you know combined, and my social status would make the paper if I visited your shit hole town. Its ok though, youre forgiven, fore you dont know.

pull up then, make the papers

Lord Infamous - King Of Horrorcore

Again, why would I? Im having a conversation with a bunch of dildos on b, except for one guy who seems pretty rational, about the tenants of rap. While Im admitting talented and brilliant poets they may be, musicians and music they are and it is not. Most in this thread just argue that im wrong without conceding the obvious points. Most likely, as is statistically shown the more hip/hop rap you listen, the lower your likely income. Life sorts you out for being a sheep. Im guessing your language changes, the words you use, what you think is cool is also influenced by what rappers say. "Fleek, turn up" and the rest. Signs of a weak mind easily influenced. Which is what people like myself need to become wealthy. So while I argue with you on here, in actual life I would be encouraging your idiocracy. Two kinds of people, People run things and people who work for them. Rappers make fun of the people who work, and are poor and who dont have what they have....keep on lapping it up...I know they love it.

abso
not god tier but def a worthy mention
i agree
sweet jesus chris
get this horseshoe out of here, only good songs were the singles

birds in the trap sing brian mcknight travis scott
days before rodeo travis scott. kind cutis first two albums

weezy weezy just jumped over jumpman?

You guys seriously not mentioning J.Cole? He revived HipHop where it died. He is the one.

So you need to be able to play an instrument to be a musician?

damn g who hurt you??

Hip hop is what killed rap

Hip hop is the problem, it should stay dead

+1 for this

whoever you are mr. famous, you can fuck off to hell and die. Your opinions on "society" as you see it, and you position in it, are greatly askew. Who do you think you are? You think because you have money you are above everyone else, but you are miserable. What skills have you mastered? Do you know any Philosophy? Have you ever taken lsd or mushrooms? i would highly recommend that you do so. My point is you are a single cell in a massive organism that operates on its inevitable programming. But you have allowed your ego to completely overwhelm all of the obvious signs that you are just on of billions. you think you have never been done before? I guarantee you there was a snotty little shithead in 250 B.C. that looked exactly like you.

Check your self.

pic related to original topic

Yes, the definition of the word is someone who plays a musical instrument.

"there is a very good chance i have more money then everyone you know combined"

you would make a great rapper mr "NOBODY RESPECTS HARD WORK EVERYBODY IS DUMB MY GENERATION SUCKS"

kill yourself

Im tryna take you serious its kinda hard with that image boy. hopsin is doo doo

holy shit the bait is strong in you

so you say without putting up anything of your own even though you are anonymous.

I think you need to think about the word instrument.
Music has changed with digital. I argue production tools could be referred to as instruments.
Some project nigga doesn't just steal an 808 and make an album, does he? He has to learn that shit. there's an art to it, no?
Learning and artistry? I'd say its close enough to an instrument

So a singer definitely isn't a musician?

Ergo it makes them musicians.
Forgot my own point. I'll show myself out

Hell yeah

You dont need instruments to make music

People have been singing acapella for literally thousands of years, nobodies saying its not music

This retard talking about rap not being music is a fool who knows nothing of the subject matter or music in general

I read law at uni and gained a 1st.
I work in logistics and earn the equivalent of around $200k per year.
I have and always will love rap/hip hop.
Your environment has nothing to do with what musical tastes you have it's about what moves you, what gets inside your soul, what makes your foot tap your head bop.
Your sounding very pretentious user, to rate a subjective thing like musical genres objectively, makes your comments pointless.

Wiley -playtime is over is one of my personal faves. Ukfag out. Peace. Brap brap

RIP

RIP

No such thing. Take your nigger music and shove it up your ass, faggot.

feel like i have to add this.

this

Great but GKMC is a better album

abso-fucking-lutely

Imean, i understand what you are saying, and i agree to some extent. It's alot about image when we are talking 'mainstream rap', including videos and all. Honestly, the producers do the work and make it happen, create the vibe and catch - obv except the fucking reverby bell melody trap fuckarony.

I can respect Hopsin for being self sufficient. Can't please everyone. I don't dig it tho.

Tennesse mofackas

Hell yeah. Event 2 is amazing as well.

These guys have so many hidden gems in there sad clown series.

fuck you

I like this user. 100% agreed