Fuckin Mike Patton recs

I tried listening to this once and was not into it. Only on the second attempt do I see the pure genius that went into it's creation.

Which of his albums should I listen to after Bungle? I'm interested in any project he was a part of.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X6mAIR9-vgI&t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mr Bungle is a meme, just listen to Angel Dust by Faith No More instead

After all of the Mr Bungle albums listen to Fantomas

Listening to them now. I don't know why I thought Faith No More was just gonna be a gay emo band. Stripsearch is excellent.

Weird. The name was taken from a race horse.

I think any band I heard about in high school I just assumed to be gay and emo, probably because everybody was listening to fall out boy at the time.

>don't know why I thought Faith No More was just gonna be a gay emo band

To be fair, it does sound quite like a name that a modern metalcore band would use. But yeah, go through the FNM discography as well as the other 2 Bungle albums. Though just know that Disco Volante and California are quite different than the debut. After that listen to Fantomas. Oh and the EP Patton did with the Dillinger Escape Plan is amazing as well.

Here you go user, have a blast. Everything here is worth a listen, you might get more into some stuff than other, but everything Patton has put out is great.

I heard he did something with dan the automator from Deltron3030. Was that any good?

Basically missing an entire Faith No More album if we combined You Fat Bastards and Easy plus there's probably a little something else for a total of at least 25 minutes of previously unreleased Faith No More with Patton

You mean Lovage ? It's fucking amazing, go give it a shot. He also worked with Peeping Tom and the results were top tier.
youtube.com/watch?v=X6mAIR9-vgI&t

OP here I just skipped straight to Directors Cut after listening to Rosemary's Baby. I'm not disappointed. As we say in the black community, this goes hard as fuck

also side note, John Zorn was involved in Painkiller, which was a great project I already knew about. What I didn't know is he and Mike Patton worked together.

This is one of those great moments in being a fucking nerd shut in.

If you like Painkiller you might like Brain Tentacles from last year and Ex Eye from last month. Unrelated I think but similar style.

noted, I'll check them out thanks

No prob, hope you like em. Patton's new band debuts next month called Dead Cross

I really do like Faith No More but I just can't motivate myself to listen to the rest of Mike Patton's stuff even though I have planned it for a couple of years. There's just too much music and my list of musicians/bands I need to listen is bigger everyday. It makes me kind of depressed. But I think it's just time for Mr. Bungle kek.

How about recs of artists that are connected to Patton by about 2 or 3 degrees of separation?

Nirvana

2 degrees

damn

Rapeman

3 degrees

I'm not sure I know how degrees work. Patton was in Fantomas with Buzzo who is in Melvins with Dale who was in Nirvana. Is that 2 or 3 degrees?